Mom broke her hip

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for you both, Debp,xxx
Thanks.

Last night I gave mom tender small bits of chicken on top of rice. Also, mashed sweet potatoes and peas.

She only ate a little bit....and totally left the peas. I then gave her a scoop of cottage cheese since she ate so little and insisted that she eat it. She did eat that.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks.

Last night I gave mom tender small bits of chicken on top of rice. Also, mashed sweet potatoes and peas.

She only ate a little bit....and totally left the peas. I then gave her a scoop of cottage cheese since she ate so little and insisted that she eat it. She did eat that.
Bless her heart, she is SO Blessed to have a Daughter like you, I know you are both so bonded to each other....it’s lovely to see, by reading your posts,xxxx

Praying that she regains her strength and appetite, turns that corner soon, In Jesus Name....Amen!!

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying that she regains her strength and appetite, turns that corner soon, In Jesus Name....Amen!!
Just wanted to let you know that mom ate well yesterday! It's actually the first time since she got home from the hospital that she ate well. So I hope and pray it will continue.

I ordered groceries yesterday and she asked for candy and ice cream. Maybe it's a turning point, hopefully, since she hadn't asked for anything since the hospital!

Also late yesterday she tried to push herself up towards the headboard...she only moved about an inch but at least she tried on her own.

I noticed one of her incisions is open about an eighth of an inch. So I am trying to disinfect it. Will get some triple antibiotic ointment as soon as possible.

Thanks for your prayers.

• Love

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just wanted to let you know that mom ate well yesterday! It's actually the first time since she got home from the hospital that she ate well. So I hope and pray it will continue.

I feel so “ ELATED “ after reading this, may her strength and appetite continue to improve Lord, In Jesus Name! Amen!
I ordered groceries yesterday and she asked for candy and ice cream. Maybe it's a turning point, hopefully, since she hadn't asked for anything since the hospital!

I feel so, so happy to hear this.xxx
Also late yesterday she tried to push herself up towards the headboard...she only moved about an inch but at least she tried on her own.

Wahoo!!!...Praise God!xx
I noticed one of her incisions is open about an eighth of an inch. So I am trying to disinfect it. Will get some triple antibiotic ointment as soon as possible.

Good idea, should a professional look at it Sis.? just enquiring?xx....I know there is no one better to look after her than you!.....devoted Daughter....Love it,xxx....thinking of you too! xx ...God Bless you birth!!xx
Thanks for your prayers.
Constantly in my thoughts and prayers,xx

• Love

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good idea, should a professional look at it Sis.? j
If it gets worse I can ask the home care agency to send the nurse. But hopefully keeping it clean and getting antibiotic ointment will do the trick. It's only open a tiny bit and there is no pus.

I told mom not to scratch it. Put a bandaid on after cleaning it.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If it gets worse I can ask the home care agency to send the nurse. But hopefully keeping it clean and getting antibiotic ointment will do the trick. It's only open a tiny bit and there is no pus.

I told mom not to scratch it. Put a bandaid on after cleaning it.
Yes, agreed.xxx