More Alert Than Ever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
YouTube Channel Video Devo

“More Alert Than Ever”
1 Peter 5:8 NIV
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

I have 1 older daughter who has been driving for over 1 year now. I have a younger daughter who is taking driver’s education and will start driving the end of September. As I think about this, I am not only concerned about how they will both do on the roads, I am so much more concerned about how others will be around them while on the road.

We tell our daughters often enough about how alert you must be on the road, especially these days with all the distractions that are happening and how careless so many are while behind the wheel. None of us are perfect and we’ve all made dumb mistakes while driving. However, I think about people who are deliberately just not paying attention and with my youngest daughter about to get out on the road, it just scares me. I want them to be alert more than ever.

This is just one example of how we need to be on the alert. I also think of many other ways we need to be on the alert and very aware of unexpected happenings. We have people who are doing everything they can to scam others. You have some sales people who will try whatever they can to get a deal and rip you off. There are a lot of good sales people out there, but there are some very sly ones as well.

I could go on and on about the different ways we must be alert to protect ourselves from those who try to take advantage of us. As much as we need to protect ourselves against these people, we also need to realize we have an enemy that prowls around just waiting to distract us and trick us every turn we make.

We absolutely must be on our guard each and every day. We don’t need to be paranoid and freaking out by any means, but we do need to be on the alert and aware so that we can be ready when these attacks happen. We need to stay strong in the faith and be ready when the enemy tries to trick us. He is so very good at it indeed! However, we have an amazing and powerful God Who cannot be defeated and will help us at every turn.

Let us be on the alert every day, in His Word and ready for whatever may come our way.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Dude!

" None of us are perfect and we’ve all made dumb mistakes " <---Are there any "smart mistakes" :jest:? Had a boss used to say that! Lol.

Good word brother and being "aware" is what Jesus was all about, IMHO. He gave us so many warnings of what to watch for. We should be praying for discernment ALL the time in this age, any age.

2 Timothy 1:7And, remember that He has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind"

"Your son and daughter have the covering of the Lord, as you yourself pray, trust and rest in God.

"And we know that all things work together for good to them
that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28

Be safe in Him :)