More Signs of the Last Days We are Seeing Today!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Okay, next question....what is the purpose of prophesy?
All prophecy is by divine inspiration, which means that it is direct divine revelation by the Holy Spirit to the apostles and prophets. Jesus called the entire Old Testament "the prophets". Peter said regarding himself and all the NT writers "we have a more sure word of prophecy".

The first purpose is the "forth-telling" of the mind of God (with the primary focus on Christ and the Gospel), and the second purpose is the foretelling of events long before they happen (until the New Heavens and the New Earth are established).

God wants us to know His plans and purposes for (1) the Church, (2) Israel, (3) the unbelieving world, and (4) all of the universe and all creation. But only in general outlines, since many details are hidden from us.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All prophecy is by divine inspiration, which means that it is direct divine revelation by the Holy Spirit to the apostles and prophets. Jesus called the entire Old Testament "the prophets". Peter said regarding himself and all the NT writers "we have a more sure word of prophecy".

The first purpose is the "forth-telling" of the mind of God (with the primary focus on Christ and the Gospel), and the second purpose is the foretelling of events long before they happen (until the New Heavens and the New Earth are established).

God wants us to know His plans and purposes for (1) the Church, (2) Israel, (3) the unbelieving world, and (4) all of the universe and all creation. But only in general outlines, since many details are hidden from us.
Hidden only until the time it is to be revealed.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So we are now in the latter times of the last days, but the last day is still a ways off. There is a lot of confusion because Christians have not properly discerned these nuances.

How true this is, and even what you have written is way of base as well.

Let me explain that the number of years associated with an age/Day of the Lord can be discerned in the Book of Genesis by Genesis 21. This same number can be counted on the ten digits on our hands with good dexterity.

This same number for the length of an age is confirmed by the birth of King David, the year of the dedication of the temple coupled with the length in time of the river of life that flows out from under the altar in the temple, the sign of some of Abraham descendants returned to the land of Canaan coupled with Jesus' parable where he told us was when the start of the summer season of the harvest would begin, which will also be confirmed by the completion of the time that the heathen Gentiles will be trampling the Sanctuary of God and at the end of that time, the kings of the earth will be judged and imprisoned in the pit/Abyss after which all of Israel will be saved and God then renews His covenant of a Kingdom of Priests and a Holy Nation Covenant with the Nation of Israel.

There have been signs that have been fulfilled to confirm that the other sign are to follow, like the partitioning of Jerusalem into three parts, the levelling of cities around the land of Canaan, the bringing back into God mind the Land of the Babylonians after it had been made a desolation and been devastated for a period of two ages.

But it could be argued that I have not given the scriptures to back up what I have written above, but when I have presented evidence that our chronological understanding of time is flawed, I have been talked down to and told that I have no understanding or scholarship. That I do not understand the scriptures and what God has prophesised because it tears out the very foundations on which all the other prophecy "experts" believe is their truth for their understanding.

People like TheHiddenBookEnds have built their theological understanding line upon line, precept upon precept and claimed that their scholarship and the scholarship of previous "experts" confirm what they are claiming. This is so far from the truth concerning their End times understandings.

In the west, the number of believers fast falling away while in the third world countries, the expansion of the number of believers is increasing quickly where their faith is being tested on a daily basis where they can be killed without fear of retribution, they are rejected by their families and hardships.

The time of hardship for the Western believers is coming in the guise of Jacob's troubles and we must chose how we want to live within our communities and it will increase as we are overrun by another people who will when their numbers are sufficient raise up a shout of victory and claim hat our lands are now theirs and we will have to accept their rules to live.

Reactions: Heart2Soul