Moses entered not the promise land

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From an article on line: “Therefore, you will see the land only from a distance; you will not enter the land I am giving to the people of Israel.” God was true to His promise. He showed Moses the Promised Land, but did not let him enter in. (God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect?)

you will see the land from a distance

by Faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice…
by Faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death…
by Faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet…
by Faith Abraham, when he was called to go out…he looked for a city which has foundations, and whose builder and maker is God.
By Faith Sara herself found strength to conceive seed…
These all died in Faith, not having received the promise, but having seen them afar off …from a distance?

by Faith Moses, when he was come of years refused to be called the son of pharaoh’s daughter; choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches …

these all, obtained a good report through Faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect. Hebrews 11:4-40

1 Kings 8:53-57 For You did separate them from among all the people …
To be thine inheritance
Hebrews 13:12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

According to all that he promised: there has not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses. Let him not leave us, nor forsake us

“He showed Moses the Promised Land, but did not let him enter in.”
There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God …Luke 13:28-29

Deuteronomy 34:10-11 and there has not risen a prophet since in Israel like Moses…none like him for all the signs and wonders

just as Moses was faithful in all God’s house. Jesus has been found worthy of greater honor than Moses…Galatians 3:18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

Moses was faithful as a servant in all God’s house, bearing witness to what would be spoken by God in the future. but Christ is faithful as the Son over God’s house. (Near) And we are His house…

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m sorry that I wasn’t clear that there was a question in all that. I’ve realized I ask a lot of questions. It is not because I doubt God’s word and I’m not trying to disprove it but instead asking questions to disprove my way of stuck In old-habit thinking.

For example if Moses would not enter the promise land then is he not included in those that sit in the kingdom of God as “and all the prophets sit in the kingdom of God.” Is it possible God didn’t let Moses enter because God was gathering an inheritance without the gate, the same place Jesus Christ suffered without for a people separated and for an inheritance? Is it possible God didn’t allow Moses to enter in as “all of these died in Faith having not received the promise”; Moses also entered not because God had something better planned (predestinated) which is Christ?

Was Moses allowed to enter in? Hebrews 4:6-9 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: [7] Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. [8] For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. [9] There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

another question is in the article online it spoke of God himself burying Moses. Since God is Spirit how did He bury Moses? Is it possible God buried Moses with and in Christ…consider “God himself buried Moses” and “God is Spirit.”?

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moses is a picture of Jesus. Moses got cut off from the inheritance because of the people:

"21The LORD, however, was angry with me on account of you, and He swore that I would not cross the Jordan to enter the good land that the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance. 22For I will not be crossing the Jordan, because I must die in this land. But you shall cross over and take possession of that good land." Deuteronomy 4:21-22

It's an illustration of how God's anger gets poured out on Jesus because of us and he gets cut off, while we enter in:

"He was cut off from the land of the living; He was stricken for the transgression of My people." Isaiah 53:8

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From an article on line: “Therefore, you will see the land only from a distance; you will not enter the land I am giving to the people of Israel.” God was true to His promise. He showed Moses the Promised Land, but did not let him enter in. (God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect?)

you will see the land from a distance

by Faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice…
by Faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death…
by Faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet…
by Faith Abraham, when he was called to go out…he looked for a city which has foundations, and whose builder and maker is God.
By Faith Sara herself found strength to conceive seed…
These all died in Faith, not having received the promise, but having seen them afar off …from a distance?

by Faith Moses, when he was come of years refused to be called the son of pharaoh’s daughter; choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches …

these all, obtained a good report through Faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect. Hebrews 11:4-40

1 Kings 8:53-57 For You did separate them from among all the people …
To be thine inheritance
Hebrews 13:12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

According to all that he promised: there has not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses. Let him not leave us, nor forsake us

“He showed Moses the Promised Land, but did not let him enter in.”
There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God …Luke 13:28-29

Deuteronomy 34:10-11 and there has not risen a prophet since in Israel like Moses…none like him for all the signs and wonders

just as Moses was faithful in all God’s house. Jesus has been found worthy of greater honor than Moses…Galatians 3:18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

Moses was faithful as a servant in all God’s house, bearing witness to what would be spoken by God in the future. but Christ is faithful as the Son over God’s house. (Near) And we are His house…

There was a reason Moses was not allowed to enter the promised land Vicky. As you pointed out, he was definitely among the faithful, in the highest position of shepherding the congregation of God. Jehovah told Moses the reason why he was not allowed to cross the Jordan:
(Numbers 20:12) . . .Jehovah later said to Moses and Aaron: “Because you did not show faith in me and sanctify me before the eyes of the people of Israel, you will not bring this congregation into the land that I will give them.”

Like you pointed out, we look forward to meeting Moses in the upcoming Kingdom of God. He is already recorded as going to be there, and hopefully we will as well.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like you pointed out, we look forward to meeting Moses in the upcoming Kingdom of God. He is already recorded as going to be there, and hopefully we will as well.

what is your opinion then on the distinction between Moses was shown the promised land from a distance, with Christ? What is the distinction in ‘Moses was faithful as a servant in all God’s house, bearing witness to what would be spoken by God in the future. but Christ is faithful as the Son over God’s house. And we are His house…do we also look and see only off in the distance, is what I guess I’m asking?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what is your opinion then on the distinction between Moses was shown the promised land from a distance, with Christ? What is the distinction in ‘Moses was faithful as a servant in all God’s house, bearing witness to what would be spoken by God in the future. but Christ is faithful as the Son over God’s house. And we are His house…do we also look and see only off in the distance, is what I guess I’m asking?

I am unaware of Moses being shown the promised land with Christ Vicky, but his being able to lay eyes on the promised land would have confirmed that what God promises will come about. In a way Moses prefigured Jesus, as he was anointed as the head over Jehovah's people, as Jesus is now, or as you say over His house, which is all Christians.

We are actually about the same point right now as Moses was then, we are right on the verge of receiving entry into the promised land. Soon the great tribulation should hit, with the Kingdom coming shortly thereafter. I am so sorry that I don't actually understand your question, but Moses will have a part in the promised land, we can be very sure of that maam.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am unaware of Moses being shown the promised land with Christ Vicky, but his being able to lay eyes on the promised land would have confirmed that what God promises will come about. In a way Moses prefigured Jesus, as he was anointed as the head over Jehovah's people, as Jesus is now, or as you say over His house, which is all Christians.

We are actually about the same point right now as Moses was then, we are right on the verge of receiving entry into the promised land. Soon the great tribulation should hit, with the Kingdom coming shortly thereafter. I am so sorry that I don't actually understand your question, but Moses will have a part in the promised land, we can be very sure of that maam.

I’m sorry I’m about to get ready for work. I didn’t mean Moses was shown the promise land “with” Jesus ..although …This is only an opinion but when Moses saw the promised land from a distance I do think what Moses saw was Christ and what was to be spoken of God in the future by the Son and therefore Moses esteemed the reproach of Christ greater riches.

what I meant by the question was: what is the distinction between Moses as a great prophet yet ‘Jesus has been found worthy of greater honor than Moses…’

to me there seems to be a distinction in Moses was faithful as a servant in all God’s house, bearing witness to what would be spoken by God in the future. (Distance?)

Yet Christ is faithful as the Son over God’s house. (Not bearing witness to what would be spoken by God in the future) But instead is “Near” for we are His house…? Does the question make more sense?

is Christ as Moses bearing witness to what would be spoken by God in the future?
Or is Christ near and not distant?

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m sorry that I wasn’t clear that there was a question in all that. I’ve realized I ask a lot of questions. It is not because I doubt God’s word and I’m not trying to disprove it but instead asking questions to disprove my way of stuck In old-habit thinking.
Precious friend, Certainly no problem in "asking a LOT of questions." A professional
"student" like me has been doing the same for more than 6 decades.
do we also look and see only off in the distance, is what I guess I’m asking?
I believe these Scriptures may be helpful with this Great question:

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which
are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on
the earth.
+
God's HEAVENLY UPlook For HIS Body!:

(2 Corinthians 5:1-2; Ephesians 1:3; Ephesians 1:20: Ephesians 2:6;
Philippians 3:20; Colossians 1:5; 2 Timothy 4:18)

Thus, I would Conclude: Yes, "we also look and see only off in the distance."

GRACE and Peace
, precious friend...

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend, Certainly no problem in "asking a LOT of questions." A professional
"student" like me has been doing the same for more than 6 decades.

I believe these Scriptures may be helpful with this Great question:

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which
are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on
the earth.
+
God's HEAVENLY UPlook For HIS Body!:

(2 Corinthians 5:1-2; Ephesians 1:3; Ephesians 1:20: Ephesians 2:6;
Philippians 3:20; Colossians 1:5; 2 Timothy 4:18)

Thus, I would Conclude: Yes, "we also look and see only off in the distance."

GRACE and Peace
, precious friend...

What is our opinion on He is near? examples:
Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Luke 21:28 Lexicon: "But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."

Strong's Greek: 1448. ἐγγίζω (eggizó) -- to make near, refl. to come near

Acts 17:27-28 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: [28] For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m sorry I’m about to get ready for work. I didn’t mean Moses was shown the promise land “with” Jesus ..although …This is only an opinion but when Moses saw the promised land from a distance I do think what Moses saw was Christ and what was to be spoken of God in the future by the Son and therefore Moses esteemed the reproach of Christ greater riches.

what I meant by the question was: what is the distinction between Moses as a great prophet yet ‘Jesus has been found worthy of greater honor than Moses…’

to me there seems to be a distinction in Moses was faithful as a servant in all God’s house, bearing witness to what would be spoken by God in the future. (Distance?)

Yet Christ is faithful as the Son over God’s house. (Not bearing witness to what would be spoken by God in the future) But instead is “Near” for we are His house…? Does the question make more sense?

is Christ as Moses bearing witness to what would be spoken by God in the future?
Or is Christ near and not distant?

I am sorry I misunderstood Vicky. Jesus is the mediator of a better covenant Maam.
(Hebrews 8:6) . . .Jesus has obtained a more excellent ministry because he is also the mediator of a correspondingly better covenant, which has been legally established on better promises.

The world uses the term history repeats itself, we say some things foreshadow, and actually deliberately so in the Bible. Moses did foreshadow Jesus, he was the deliverer of Jehovah's people and the mediator of the Law covenant, whereas Jesus delivered us from the bondage of sin and death, and is the mediator of the new covenant. Another thing to consider is that Jesus was perfect (sinless) whereas Moses was not. There were many similarities between the two, like for instance both Pharaoh and Herod ordering the executions of male offspring of the Israelites, (for different reasons) but the real executioner was still the same, satan was the one who moved those to do that. Neither was successful, with Jehovah actually moving events to have Moses raised in the household of Pharaoh.

I have no doubt that Moses was aware of the Messiah, he penned many passages that referred to him. How great it will be when Moses is resurrected and we literally can hear it first hand. True I am just speculating, but it is a probability that might actually happen.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is our opinion on He is near? examples:
Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Luke 21:28 Lexicon: "But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."

Strong's Greek: 1448. ἐγγίζω (eggizó) -- to make near, refl. to come near

Acts 17:27-28 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: [28] For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
Precious friend, thanks for the great question. "He is near"? as in:

Luk_21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then
look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Christ will "be Near" to Israel at His Second Coming, according to
God's Context of Prophecy and Law

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That DIFFER!” {online}:

God's Context of Mystery and GRACE!:

Act 17:27 That they should seek The Lord, if haply they might feel
after Him, and find Him, though He be not far from every one of us:
Act 17:28 For in Him we live, and move, and have our being; as
certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also His offspring.

"He Is Near" To all "members of The Body Of Christ," Today, because:

Col_1:27 To whom God would make known what is The Riches of the Glory of
This Mystery among the Gentiles; Which is Christ In you, The Hope of Glory:

Please be Very Richly Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, And Edified.

GRACE And Peace...

The apostle of GRACE (2 Minutes With The BIBLE)

Last edited:

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Moses is a picture of Jesus. Moses got cut off from the inheritance because of the people:

"21The LORD, however, was angry with me on account of you, and He swore that I would not cross the Jordan to enter the good land that the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance. 22For I will not be crossing the Jordan, because I must die in this land. But you shall cross over and take possession of that good land." Deuteronomy 4:21-22

It's an illustration of how God's anger gets poured out on Jesus because of us and he gets cut off, while we enter in:

"He was cut off from the land of the living; He was stricken for the transgression of My people." Isaiah 53:8
Additionally:-
After he and Aaron had gathered the people around the rock, he said, "Look, you rebellious people, and you will see water flow from this rock!" He raised his stick in the air and struck the rock two times. At once, water gushed from the rock, and the people and their livestock had water to drink. But the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, "Because you refused to believe in my power, these people did not respect me. And so, you will not be the ones to lead them into the land I have promised." The Israelites had complained against the LORD, and he had shown them his holy power by giving them water to drink. So they named the place Meribah, which means "Complaining." (Numbers 20:10-13 CEV)

Last edited: