Movie goers slaughtered

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stan

Jul 19, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, CA.
Please pray for the 12 movie goers that were killed last night and the 13 that were injured at a Batman movie in Aurora, CO. last night. It is sad that probably none of them were ready to meet their maker.
Please also pray for the gunman they arrested. Obviously a very tortured soul who also needs Jesus.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
I think the number injured is actually much, much higher than that. It's so terrible...one wonders what makes a mind fracture like that...wanting to hurt people.
Everyone really needs to read this....such a testimony:

http://aminiatureclaypot.wordpress.com/2012/07/20/so-you-still-think-god-is-a-merciful-god/

elysian

Oct 9, 2011
People go to these movies to watch brutal violence and bloodshed. Instead, they got all that without watching the movie. Irony.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Batman is a story of a hero fighting against not just a single villain, but the stain of evil. (Haven't seen the new one, myself...)
It's sad that there was no hero in that theatre...only an evil man with evil intentions.
But it does serve as a reminder that within this fallen world we are at war. Satan is not sitting on his hands waiting with resignation for the day he will be tossed in the pit. Evil is a cancerous stain in this world...terrible things happen. But we have an ultimate and wonderful hero, and in Him we will always be free and triumph. This life is just a prelude to forever...so "for a little while" we may face suffering and heartache, but I think if we keep our gaze firmly on Jesus, we'll come through a step closer to him.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
What broke my heart is that someone brought their six-year-old child to that show and they were one of the people killed.
What kind of parent brings a six year old to a MIDNIGHT showing of a PG-13 movie?

Watchwithme

Jul 20, 2012
Batman is a story of a hero fighting against not just a single villain, but the stain of evil. (Haven't seen the new one, myself...)
It's sad that there was no hero in that theatre...only an evil man with evil intentions.
But it does serve as a reminder that within this fallen world we are at war. Satan is not sitting on his hands waiting with resignation for the day he will be tossed in the pit. Evil is a cancerous stain in this world...terrible things happen. But we have an ultimate and wonderful hero, and in Him we will always be free and triumph. This life is just a prelude to forever...so "for a little while" we may face suffering and heartache, but I think if we keep our gaze firmly on Jesus, we'll come through a step closer to him.

Apparently there where reports of many heroes in that theatre, mothers covering children boyfriends taking bullets for girlfriends. Where sin abounds much grace abounds.

What broke my heart is that someone brought their six-year-old child to that show and they were one of the people killed.
What kind of parent brings a six year old to a MIDNIGHT showing of a PG-13 movie?

Apparently this is a very common practice in the altered states of america. Not to mention it's the school break there at the moment. Not saying I agree with it, I saw on the news one mother holding baby, couldn't believe my eyes.

tcross.us

Jul 17, 2012
San Antonio
I couldn't believe how one man can single handedly do so much damage. It was a miracle there weren't more lives taken that night. It is a shame so many people had to die. Imagine the level of excitement that they were all feeling before the movie started and how quickly that turned into a fearful, panic-struck anxiety. May God embrace the souls of the lives that were lost that night and may He comfort the families of the lost ones and all those that had to experience the horrific ordeal. May God heal the their hearts and the wounds of those that were injured. Blessings!!

Watchwithme

Jul 20, 2012
People go to these movies to watch brutal violence and bloodshed. Instead, they got all that without watching the movie. Irony.

That's cold. I don't find that Ironic at all, its tragedy. I went to opening day Batman in New Zealand with my Wife we go to a movie about once a year if we are lucky and we didn't go to watch brutal violence and blood shed. How pathetic.

I couldn't believe how one man can single handedly do so much damage. It was a miracle there weren't more lives taken that night. It is a shame so many people had to die. Imagine the level of excitement that they were all feeling before the movie started and how quickly that turned into a fearful, panic-struck anxiety. May God embrace the souls of the lives that were lost that night and may He comfort the families of the lost ones and all those that had to experience the horrific ordeal. May God heal the their hearts and the wounds of those that were injured. Blessings!!

The guy has an automatic weapon that fired 50 rounds a minute. It jammed. I suppose one could call that a miracle, I don't know, none dying would have been a miracle.