Mr. Gypsy Is Having Surgery...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Lord Jesus, the healer of all, the creator of all, in Your Holy Name...I command the cancer to leave Mr. G, I ask total restoration to his body Lord, Lord Jesus, I know You did not create a body with cancer and it is not by Your hand this has happen to Mr G, Lord he is Your child, and needs Your divine hand upon him at this time. Lord I just ask that a new prostate be placed in Mr G body, and the doctors so baffled... they have to ask, Ms. G what has happened. This will be a testimony to Your power and Your Glory...Amen

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Lord Jesus, the healer of all, the creator of all, in Your Holy Name...I command the cancer to leave Mr. G, I ask total restoration to his body Lord, Lord Jesus, I know You did not create a body with cancer and it is not by Your hand this has happen to Mr G, Lord he is Your child, and needs Your divine hand upon him at this time. Lord I just ask that a new prostate be placed in Mr G body, and the doctors so baffled... they have to ask, Ms. G what has happened. This will be a testimony to Your power and Your Glory...Amen

Dude...Ya gave me goosebumps!
smilie_girl_252-1.gif

Now...I can't wait for the biopsy and the shock on the doctors face!
smilie_girl_352.gif

BTW...His biopsy is 11/30 and we'll have the results the first week of December.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Well Ms. Gypsy...I saw the Almighty Living God completely cure my grandson of cancer, when he was 3 and dying, was told to make his funeral arrangements, but instead he became a living testimony to the Healer of all...for he was completely healed and home in 3 days...Doctors were baffled, totally did not understand, they could only agree it was a miracle...Right..It was GOD...My Father and your Father, the same today as yesterday, the one that delights in giving us our hearts desire...Pray...and pray some more...flood the heavens with your prayers...call on all your friends to pray, flood your home with worship day and night...the enemy can't stand it...bring the Glory of God down to your home...He loves to invade homes and to sit and listen to us just worship Him...Love you and praying for total Healing....

Reactions: Shirley

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Well...The biopsy was today. They did 12 cores. Didn't go well. Mr. Gypsy started bleeding and they couldn't get it stopped. Finally the doctor made up a room for him to rest in for a couple hours. He said if that didn't stop the bleeding he would have to send him to the hospital for surgery to close it up.

It took a 3 hour rest to slow the bleeding. Then the doctor let us go home. Unfortunately the drive home (75 miles with a LOT of bumps) started it back up again. He's resting now, and if it doesn't stop in 3-4 hours I have to take him back to the hospital for surgery.

He is not a happy camper.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Thanks for the prayers!

And THANK GOD the bleeding slowed over night! It's down to a slight trickle and that is normal.

We should have the test results on Tues or Wed. His next appointment is a couple weeks out.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Continuing to pray for you lovely hubby...The Lord has healed the most important part dear...He has healed the heart and gave him a lovely wife to stand beside him...Praying for total restoration and healing..I asked the Lord once why he did not heal my mother of cancer and His reply was...You did not ask, so keep asking and keep pounding the heavens with your cries of the heart....

Love you

Shep

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Just got off the phone with the nurse.

When he had the TURP, the shavings they sent to the lab came back positive for cancer...a 6 on the Gleason scale of 2-10.

The biopsy they did last week...12 core samples came back negative for cancer!
smilie_girl_252-1.gif

I asked the nurse..."How is that possible when he ranked 6 on the Gleason scale?" She was puzzled and said "Well, just be sure to keep your appointment next week with the doctor and he'll explain everything."

My brain is confused but my heart just wants to jump up and down and praise God!
myhero.gif

Thank you all so much for carrying us through with your prayers when we were too weak to do it ourselves.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
...nothing is impossible to God! He is a God of miracles. "Praise Jehovah Rapha" the Lord, Our healer! He is sooo good! ^_^

Shalom!

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
We had the follow-up appointment, yesterday. It was like pulling teeth to get Mr. Gypsy to go. He started on Tuesday with..."I am NOT going back to the doctor". We left the house 25 minutes late but managed to get there on time.

ANYHOW...Here's where we are....

A normal prostate is the size of a walnut. As we know, Mr. Gypsy's was enlarged. During the TURP, the doctor managed to get his back down to 20g. The tissue they removed is what showed the cancer. Now...When they do the TURP, they do not scrape any tissue from the lower, back third of the prostate because it is very thin tissue and is right up against the rectum and the risk of perforation is too high. The tissue that was sent to the lab came from the rest of the prostate. When they do a biopsy, they only biopsy the area next to the rectum...1. they can't get to it any other way and 2. Generally, that's where the cancer shows up. That is why the biopsy (12 core) came back negative except for 1 sample. (That sample has pre-cancerous cells in it.) And why the TURP tissue was positive...Different sections of the prostate.

Mr. Gypsy asked him if there was any possibility he got all the cancer during the TURP. Doc said "No." He then asked him several other questions including "So...I barely have cancer, right?" "Since the biopsy was negative, I don't have to do anything, right?" on and on along the same line.
rolleyes.gif
Finally the doctor said "Mr. Gypsy...The question is not whether or not you have cancer. You have cancer and you need to come to terms with it. The question is what are we going to do about it?" Mr. Gypsy looked stunned...Like I said...He doesn't seems to process things well when it comes to medical. SO....Basically we have 3 options...1. Wait 2. Take the little creep out and throw it in the trash OR 3. Radiation.

The nurse is going to set us up an appointment at the Cancer Center with the radiologist and the urologist so we can discuss the various forms of radiation, the benefits and the drawbacks. She's going to try to get that appointment next week, however, with the holidays it may not be until sometime in January. After that appointment, the process of information gathering should be complete and we'll be able to take some time, digest the information and make a decision.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Update time...

We had several doctor appointments yesterday...

6 hours, 4 doctors, 3 tests, 2 glasses of apple juice and a partridge in a pear tree later...Here's where we are...
rolleyes_girl2.gif

The decision was made to do nothing with the prostate cancer. Every 3 months he has to have a PSA (blood test) to see if it's elevated (a sign the cancer is growing) and every 12 months a 12 Core biopsy. It was a unanimous consensus, admittedly driven by me after tons of research, that he is too young to add the side effect problems of treatment (ED and loss of bowel and bladder control) to the balance of his days. Finally the Radiology Oncologist said that if it was HER husband, that is exactly the decision she would make. She also said it's a hit and miss venture...He could go for years without any growth or it could skyrocket next month. IOW...As usual...Only God knows what the future holds.

Our new Primary Care physician is going order a bone scan because of the extreme pain he has in his bones (mainly his legs) and he is concerned about bone cancer.
dash_kolob_girl.gif
Doc is going to contact his Medical Oncologist next week to consult on which one would be best and place the order. SO...By the end of the month we should have the balance of the answers.

That is all...Carry on.
smilie_girl_268.gif

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Haven't been around much but I think of several of you frequently.

We managed to get through the prostate cancer but .... Mr. Gypsy was diagnosed with kidney cancer a few weeks ago. Since then, he's been through 2 surgeries. The first one they tried to laser the tumor out however they were unsuccessful. It was way too big. Filled about 3/4 of his kidney and was extremely aggressive. SO...Last Tuesday they removed his left kidney, ureter and a small section of the bladder. He's been on morphine, for pain, since then but is now weaning off.

The cancer was contained within the lining of the kidney, which is good. He has a high grade 3 cancer, which is bad. The likelihood that it has spread to the bladder is pretty high. They will be checking him every 4 months to see what it is doing. In the meantime, they're also checking the bones and colon.

I just wanted to check in, send conrats to Andy and let ya'll know I've been thinkin' 'bout ya.
smilie_girl_107.gif

Seems like I just got started here when all hell broke loose.
dash_kolob_girl.gif

I'll be checking in from time to time to see how everyone is doing.

God bless you all.