My Aunt Cheryl

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Aunt Cheryl passed away this morning. I plan to tell you all more about this special woman, but she will be missed...

She planned my wedding and was my matron of honor, was at my daughter's dedication, and has just been a very special person in my life. I am grateful to have known her and to know she is with God.

dcfff613c5d266c66e112dd36dcb1db5.jpg FB_IMG_1548520356823.jpg FB_IMG_1548520246096.jpg FB_IMG_1548520243309.jpg FB_IMG_1548520281484.jpg

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My Aunt Cheryl passed away this morning. I plan to tell you all more about this special woman, but she will be missed...

She planned my wedding and was my matron of honor, was at my daughter's dedication, and has just been a very special person in my life. I am grateful to have known her and to know she is with God.

View attachment 5284 View attachment 5285 View attachment 5286 View attachment 5287 View attachment 5288
Sorry for your loss. John 14.1; John 14.27

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She sort of stepped up into my mother's place when my mom passed away in 2015. As far as things mom would usually do. She always cared about everyone and because of her, it seems my dad's side of the family is just really close.

She had a very aggressive form of lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, and adrenal gland cancer for about 7 + months. I am glad her suffering is over. Her memorial will be in about a month according to my cousins, and we will fly down for it. In some ways I was closer to my aunt then my mom. Her faith was so strong and she always encouraged me in my faith. I've been very low lately though and grateful I feel more at peace today. I think part of it is I have really been grieving such a special woman suffering. She passed away peacefully in her sleep surrounded by family, and not in pain according to my cousins.

She wrote this down and had me put it up where I could see it.

"Aunt Cheryl says STAY POSITIVE. I love you infinity times infinity oodles." So I will celebrate her memory instead of wallowing in loss. I am very grateful she was in my life.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My sincere condolences for your loss. If she knew God then she is OK, but you have to deal with the empty space left by her departure. Praying for you and yours!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
She sort of stepped up into my mother's place when my mom passed away in 2015. As far as things mom would usually do. She always cared about everyone and because of her, it seems my dad's side of the family is just really close.

She had a very aggressive form of lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, and adrenal gland cancer for about 7 + months. I am glad her suffering is over. Her memorial will be in about a month according to my cousins, and we will fly down for it. In some ways I was closer to my aunt then my mom. Her faith was so strong and she always encouraged me in my faith. I've been very low lately though and grateful I feel more at peace today. I think part of it is I have really been grieving such a special woman suffering. She passed away peacefully in her sleep surrounded by family, and not in pain according to my cousins.

She wrote this down and had me put it up where I could see it.

"Aunt Cheryl says STAY POSITIVE. I love you infinity times infinity oodles." So I will celebrate her memory instead of wallowing in loss. I am very grateful she was in my life.
A great tribute.

I am reminded of the verse:

"The memory of the just is blessed." (Proverbs 10.7)

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was my last picture of her in November. It was a very special time with her and grateful for that time. I couldn't find the one without the words, but she really was a fighter.

FB_IMG_1548542329125.jpg

Reactions: farouk
B

Butterfly

So sorry Mayflower, sorry that you now have to grieve another special lady in your life - but so grateful that you had a second ' motherly ' figure when you needed one xxxxx

Reactions: Mayflower and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So sorry for your great loss.
I’m time, and it takes time...you will be able to dwell on all the good happy memories. xx

God bless you richly.

Reactions: Mayflower

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Sister, I haven't been on in a while since I started a new job, so I am just now seeing this and wanted to offer my prayers and hugs for your loss of your aunt. Please feel free to message me or do a messenger chat if you ever need to talk.