my husband thinks he wants a divorce

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tommie

May 5, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please pray for my husband and I. We had a very bad argument last night and he said he wants a divorce. He slept in our shed last night and left this morning without coming in the house. We have been having problems but I never thought it would come to this. July will be 30 years for us.....Please pray for my husband that he would turn to God and then turn back to me. I don't want a divorce. He has never said he wanted one before...I am devastated right now. I would really appreciate your prayers for our family, that we would come out stronger through this and that God would be glorified through this. Please pray for our kids, too. Thank you so much

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father I pray blessings on this request and for this marriage in Jesus name I pray. Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the 1:15PM bbnradio.org Family Altar program.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Will pray, but I I strongly recommend that you get him too agree and commit to marriage counseling. If he doesn't then I'm afraid this sudden onset of wanting a divorce means your relationship is in much more danger then you even think it is. God Bless.

tommie

May 5, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you very much everyone for your prayers. Good news. My husband Steve came home and said that he did not want a divorce and that he would never leave me. Praise the Lord! We just might make it to 30 years yet! We do need to work on some things though, so I will try for counseling, but easier said than done, Stan. We have gone to marriage conferences in the past and one just a few months ago so maybe we can go back through that book together. It was called, "I still do" and was good.

God listened to your prayers today and I so appreciate them so much for our family. God hates divorce and I do too. My parents were divorced and I still have major scars from it. I felt like I was reliving my childhood today. I do love my husband and we are good together so again, thank you!!

Rockytopva, I will have to go to the bbnradio.org Family Altar program and see what it is all about!

In Him,

Tam

Reactions: JPPT1974

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Good for you Tam. I was married for 21 years when my wife decided she wanted to leave me and we worked at the marriage for two years but ultimately she still left. Sometimes our partners will just do what they want to do and there's nothing you can do about it. God is indeed great but even he won't overrule a person's will. Will pray that God works in your marriage.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Praise God! Hallelujah! Glory!
153li6q.gif

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God can work in great ways. And in mountains and valleys. Just keep in mind when you put God in your marriage and lives, all else falls into place.

Reactions: StanJ

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
I have never been married and one reason is that i can't trust anyone. I would have to marry someone who is religious and does not believe in divorce no matter what, which is the way Jesus taught. otherwise, i would be too insecure and would drive my spouse nuts and etc. I'm a very insecure person. I don't think I am called to marriage, though, so it's no big deal

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
Good for you Tam. I was married for 21 years when my wife decided she wanted to leave me and we worked at the marriage for two years but ultimately she still left. Sometimes our partners will just do what they want to do and there's nothing you can do about it. God is indeed great but even he won't overrule a person's will. Will pray that God works in your marriage.
Sorry to hear about that Stan. I absolutely agree that God does not overrule a person's will to walk out of a relationship, though His will is that we remain in it.

tommie

May 5, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stan, I am sorry! .............no words.......
JPPT1974, Totally agree!!!!
Scaliafan: Just trust in Jesus and he will lead you.....
Thanks for your input Phoneman777

An update: We are still doing well, praise the Lord! My husband told me I was his best friend last night and I said the same. We are caring about each other and want this to work. Thank you so much, again, for you prayers!

Reactions: farouk

tommie

May 5, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angelina, I am sorry i missed thanking you for your prayers. Somehow I didn't see it or missed it. I do appreciate you!!!