My Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believing the Bible is sufficient.

We all start at the beginning.

Much love!

Is it not written the who ever believes in 'HIM'?

The Bible is not a 'HIM'. And the Bible was not around in the beginning, He was. All things were created through HIM.

My Jesus is alive and active! He is the perfect image of the invisible God and is God. And God is spirit. All this is explained in the Bible which was written by people who heard HIM. Yet not all who read the Scriptures believed what they read. That is also explained in the Bible.

Jn 5:46,47 For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. “But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

Of course this is the testimony section of the forum, so what I am really saying hear is that MY Jesus is a HIM. He talks to me and He walks with me.

There is an old Christian song that explains Him pretty well, I think . So other some other Christians do know MY JESUS, yet some seem to have another Jesus. They seem to think the Bible is His voice, so they they don't just walk and talk with Him. That is why the testimony - The lyrics of that song are:

I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The son of God discloses
And he walks with me and he talks with me
And he tells me I am his own
And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known
He speaks and the sound of his voice
Is so sweet, the birds hush their singing
And the melody that he gave to me…

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Karl, and welcome t
That is it. Just Him saying "I love you" - blows you away!

Somehow, when I hear it I usually stop to think about how it is that someone who is God of all things can love me. I say the wrong thing most of the time. I am too selfish, even if I try not to be. And I think about how small and unimportant I am compared to how big and all important He is. Why should He even take time to tell me "I love you". I does just blow you away. I feel sorry for those who don't hear well enough with their spiritual ears to hear Him tell them that. He will though, because if He loves me He must be able to love them too! It's just hard to believe it - so seeking His voice to find out what He has to say to us is so extremely important![/QUOTE

Hi Karl, and welcome to CB, if I have not yet said so :)
I know just what you mean here "why does He love me?" The answer always comes back that He IS love...it's who He is, amen! He is also just, jealous, loooooong suffering, wrathful, merciful, forgiving... He is all in all...GOOD! It's so awesome. He is so good and kind to us, we should be just like that with people who don't deserve our kindness. Not so easy sometimes but possible.
Good post!

Reactions: Karl Peters

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it not written the who ever believes in 'HIM'?

What I'm saying is . . . whether or not you are thinking you "hear His voice", that's an internal subjective experience.

The Bible is objective, and faith in it's truth is sufficient.

Someone who believes they hear the voice of God, including myself, may be wrong. Our faith is not that "my thoughts come from God", our faith is that what the Bible says of God is true.

At least that' how I see it.

I will always hold the writtings of Scritpure more valid than the thoughts in my mind, even when I believe they are from God.

They seem to think the Bible is His voice, so they they don't just walk and talk with Him.

So here's a thing. If the Bible is not God's voice, what is it?? It IS His voice to me. Do you then suppose I do not walk with Him, talk with Him?

Much love!