My Life Has No Significance, and I think I am okay with that.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mike Bishop

Jan 13, 2020
Port-of-Spain
Faith
Christian
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Hi all, I hope you are having a blessed day. I'm still intensively studying the Wisdom Literature at the moment, and I came across another video that I just have to share with you all. I moved on to focusing on Job in the middle of last week, but this video has me again diving into Ecclesiastes. It's surprisingly refreshing to watch, and feels like a dream (if that makes any sense to you).

I feel like I am now beginning to understand the poetry of the Bible, and I mean not just the poetry of the written Word, but the unspoken poetry. The beauty that only becomes real in your mind after you have absorbed the Scripture. There is something so "alive" about it.

Anyways, here is the video for those interested...

Do any of you feel like you've only now begun your journey to understanding even though you've been on this path for so long? Please, I'd love to hear your experiences.

Reactions: marks

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all, I hope you are having a blessed day. I'm still intensively studying the Wisdom Literature at the moment, and I came across another video that I just have to share with you all. I moved on to focusing on Job in the middle of last week, but this video has me again diving into Ecclesiastes. It's surprisingly refreshing to watch, and feels like a dream (if that makes any sense to you).

I feel like I am now beginning to understand the poetry of the Bible, and I mean not just the poetry of the written Word, but the unspoken poetry. The beauty that only becomes real in your mind after you have absorbed the Scripture. There is something so "alive" about it.

Do any of you feel like you've only now begun your journey to understanding even though you've been on this path for so long? Please, I'd love to hear your experiences.

“My life has no significance, and I think I’m okay with that.” Not sure what you mean. The emptiness has no significance. Vanity and corruption has no significance. You have significance to God otherwise He would not have come that you may have Life and have it more abundantly. He would not have come that you could no longer be empty (futile)but filled. Philippians 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Mike Bishop

Jan 13, 2020
Port-of-Spain
Faith
Christian
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
“My life has no significance, and I think I’m okay with that.” Not sure what you mean. The emptiness has no significance. Vanity and corruption has no significance. You have significance to God otherwise He would not have come that you may have Life and have it more abundantly. He would not have come that you could no longer be empty (futile)but filled. Philippians 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

I mean that I have come to realize that my earthly experience, all my work, aspirations, dreams and labor will ultimately turn to dust. And that might just be alright.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mean that I have come to realize that my earthly experience, all my work, aspirations, dreams and labor will ultimately turn to dust. And that might just be alright.

I get it. At first I felt deceived and lied to my entire life following after things that led nowhere. I was angry. Then depressed because how do you get up every day and live when all desire for those things you once went after is gone. When it is no longer about perusing the world but your still in it? But I used to wish I could be any other woman in the world, but me. Now I no longer feel that way. I do get what you are saying in God wants us free from empty but still He loves so much He brings us out of it. Sometimes the message given is so hard and such a beat down that we are all “filthy rags” that it neglects He also gives a garment of praise (Isaiah 61:3)which is not filthy rags. Sometimes the message is so crushing of no significance that we forget the good news 2 Corinthians 5:17-18 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. [18] And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Do get what you are saying.
Only wanted to make sure you know His love also.

Reactions: Nancy

Mike Bishop

Jan 13, 2020
Port-of-Spain
Faith
Christian
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
I get it. At first I felt deceived and lied to my entire life following after things that led nowhere. I was angry. Then depressed because how do you get up every day and live when all desire for those things you once went after is gone. When it is no longer about perusing the world but your still in it? But I used to wish I could be any other woman in the world, but me. Now I no longer feel that way. I do get what you are saying in God wants us free from empty but still He loves so much He brings us out of it. Sometimes the message given is so hard and such a beat down that we are all “filthy rags” that it neglects He also gives a garment of praise (Isaiah 61:3)which is not filthy rags. Sometimes the message is so crushing of no significance that we forget the good news 2 Corinthians 5:17-18 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. [18] And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Do get what you are saying.
Only wanted to make sure you know His love also.

This resonates with me so much! Yes! There was a very dark period in my life indeed before I've come to find peace. But that's what makes it so good right? That you have to really work for it? That's what I find at least. I appreciate it much more.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And LOL I can understand how my title could have been misleading, but I swear I meant it in a good way!:)

I can see you meant it in a good way, and was never against your title or OP. Could relate that is all. One night while alone I came to a point where I just sat down and said “ God, if you want me to be nothing...then I will be nothing.” Not sulking, or manipulating but coming to a point of submission to whatever, I quit fighting against “nothing”. surrendering and I meant it, coming to the end of trying. Only sharing on the other side of that “nothing” oddly was the first time ever i didn’t feel like a nothing. not saying anything changed in status as far as the world was concerned, but with God. Not one to make predictions but would not be shocked if after “my life has no significance and I think I am okay with that” Will come ...my life has great significance.

Mike Bishop

Jan 13, 2020
Port-of-Spain
Faith
Christian
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
I can see you meant it in a good way, and was never against your title or OP. Could relate that is all. One night while alone I came to a point where I just sat down and said “ God, if you want me to be nothing...then I will be nothing.” Not sulking, or manipulating but coming to a point of submission to whatever, I quit fighting against “nothing”. surrendering and I meant it, coming to the end of trying. Only sharing on the other side of that “nothing” oddly was the first time ever i didn’t feel like a nothing. not saying anything changed in status as far as the world was concerned, but with God. Not one to make predictions but would not be shocked if after “my life has no significance and I think I am okay with that” Will come ...my life has great significance.

Beautifully said!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Be nothing", but not "Do nothing." And, therein, I believe, lies the subtle trap of neglecting the things God planned for each of us to do. The Bible is too full of people leaving legacies for us to ignore that issue.

I think the Parable of the Talents was written for us to see that very point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reminds of a hymm.... "Have thine own way Lord"
Do you know it?

no but did look it up on YouTube. Thank you...it is a beautiful hymn.

Maybe the difference is “being alone” then no longer alone. John 12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

James 2:16-17 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? [17] Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Psalm 68:5-6 A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation. [6] God setteth the solitary in families: he bringeth out those which are bound with chains: but the rebellious dwell in a dry land.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Be nothing", but not "Do nothing." And, therein, I believe, lies the subtle trap of neglecting the things God planned for each of us to do. The Bible is too full of people leaving legacies for us to ignore that issue.

I think the Parable of the Talents was written for us to see that very point.
Good distinction my friend! Also when we go to do something, we need to be certain we are properly led/directed:

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

So then who is to lead us, to direct us?

"Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face." Psalm 5:8

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good distinction my friend! Also when we go to do something, we need to be certain we are properly led/directed:

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

So then who is to lead us, to direct us?

"Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face." Psalm 5:8
Sort of what I was talking about. Because God has already given every one of us more than enough direction in just living our lives, day-by-day, as He would have us do.... without searching for some special "calling."

Reactions: Pisteuo and amadeus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I generally feel like I'm just beginning to understand.

:)

A few years ago, I had the desire to read Ecclesiastes, and that desire didn't let up for a couple of months. In that time I read it, and listened to the audio, 3, 4, 5 times a day, every day. I simply could not get enough of that little book!

My worldview was changed.

This is the story of a man putting God to the test. Job is Satan putting God to the test. Ecclesiastes is man putting God to the test.

Job proves that God knows human nature better than Satan.

Ecclessiastes proves that what God has made crooked, no one can make straight. No one.

God subjected this creation to vanity, and so it is, all is vanity.

Give a man the wealth and position and power to do anything he wants. Give him the mind to come up more things to do than anyone else can. And see what happens. Nothing. Nothing of any consequence. It's true, this creation IS subject to vanity.

And God knows what He's talking about.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because God has already given every one of us more than enough direction in just living our lives, day-by-day, as He would have us do.... without searching for some special "calling."
I think any special callings in our lives will be soon enough apparent. We don't need to search it out, God will bring us into it when we are ready.

Much love!

Reactions: Willie T

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reminds of a hymm.... "Have thine own way Lord"
Do you know it?
Yes I do. Beautiful song! Complete capitulation. YOU are the Potter. I am the clay. Get that straight, and everything else follows.

Question . . . how many of you are like me in trying to form myself? Does the clay form itself on the potter's wheel? Or does the Potter form the clay?

Much love!

Reactions: Pisteuo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's surprisingly refreshing to watch, and feels like a dream (if that makes any sense to you).
Hi Mike,

I'm just having a great time re-reading your post!

This is just so beautiful!

Much love,
Mark

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Coming to the end of myself means I'm at the beginning of Him.

There is no loss, other than the loss of all things that we may win Christ. But it's not like we find all our valuable things gone, it's that we realize that all the slime and tar that kept us mired, and unfruitful, is now all washed away. We release ourselves into His plan, realizing the futility of our own.

Much love!

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. Awesome posts!

Phillipians 3:8Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, 9And be found in Him

Last edited: