My New Podcast: Spiritual Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really do enjoy scriptures set to worshipful music. Something about music that opens and lifts the soul upward to God.
I love to read my Bible with hymns playing softly. I set my music to random play, and let the Holy Spirit choose the songs I'm hearing as I'm reading the passages.

Much love!

Reactions: Lizbeth

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Check out my new podcast. :) What does it mean to be spiritual in Christ?

The Spiritual Christianity podcast. Podcast #1

Love it! Very nice and an excellent first effort. :Happy::goodj:

I particularly enjoyed the 'free samples' concept. A foretaste of things to come. Like Jesus at Costco, except YOU don't have to buy in bulk. Sure he hands out loaves and fish for free, but then says-- Wait! There's More! I have living water, I have wine.... and here's the kicker.... Though it is all very costly-- it's been bought and paid for and for you it is a gift.

I know that may differ from your understanding as expressed in that first podcast, but it remains. It cost him a lot-- you nothing? You can "buy" without silver or gold. You pay not with a coin that has an image of a person stamped on it, rather the price is that which was made in HIS image. Life for LIFE, as Jesus did.

Reactions: Azim

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK I'm going to try fitting that song in the 3rd podcast! :)

Is this your music Jean?

Funny-- but this is the vibe I get..... This little light of mine.... Inviting all to the dinner table.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Love it! Very nice and an excellent first effort. :Happy::goodj:

I particularly enjoyed the 'free samples' concept. A foretaste of things to come. Like Jesus at Costco, except YOU don't have to buy in bulk. Sure he hands out loaves and fish for free, but then says-- Wait! There's More! I have living water, I have wine.... and here's the kicker.... Though it is all very costly-- it's been bought and paid for and for you it is a gift.

I know that may differ from your understanding as expressed in that first podcast, but it remains. It cost him a lot-- you nothing? You can "buy" without silver or gold. You pay not with a coin that has an image of a person stamped on it, rather the price is that which was made in HIS image. Life for LIFE, as Jesus did.

We pay the price to get what He paid for. That price is everything WE have to get everything HE has. The cross is not just about Jesus. Paul said "I glory in the cross". Did Paul glory in the death of Jesus? Of course not! He gloried in the power of the cross on himself that liberates his inner man to walk in fellowship with the living God.

Notice the difference in Paul's words that few seem to be able to understand...

"But as for me, may I never boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." Gal. 6:14

The cost of being spiritual IN Christ is to be crucified in the outer man. So then we glory in the cross and the power it has over our flesh and our proclivity towards sin. In Him is NO sin. Very few have any understanding of this let alone an experience of the higher walk IN Christ.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We pay the price to get what He paid for. That price is everything WE have to get everything HE has. The cross is not just about Jesus. Paul said "I glory in the cross". Did Paul glory in the death of Jesus? Of course not! He gloried in the power of the cross on himself that liberates his inner man to walk in fellowship with the living God.

Notice the difference in Paul's words that few seem to be able to understand...

"But as for me, may I never boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." Gal. 6:14

The cost of being spiritual IN Christ is to be crucified in the outer man. So then we glory in the cross and the power it has over our flesh and our proclivity towards sin. In Him is NO sin. Very few have any understanding of this let alone an experience of the higher walk IN Christ.

Indeed there is the natural man and the spiritual man, the natural physical lower flesh understanding and the spiritual higher heavenly (divine) understanding— on this we can agree. The price we pay is the price he paid. He traded this (physical) life for that- (spiritual life) sacrificing the temporal one for the hope of the other which is eternal.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mat 10:38-39

Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

Mat 16:24-25

Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.

For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.

Jhn 12:24-25

Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.

Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.