My New Podcast: Spiritual Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The next step after being born of the Spirit, is our own to make. If we draw near to God, He will draw near to us.

"Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double minded." James 4:8

The Christian walk is on a whole other level...but the same exhortations to a pure life remain valid for us...especially that of seeking His face for the full measure of grace.

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I truly believe God has a lot to say through you, Episkopos, for those of us who are seeking to walk spiritually. Your first podcast had a lot to meditate on. Thank you for making it. For sure it will be a blessing to many. How often are you planning to release new episodes?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I truly believe God has a lot to say through you, Episkopos, for those of us who are seeking to walk spiritually. Your first podcast had a lot to meditate on. Thank you for making it. For sure it will be a blessing to many. How often are you planning to release new episodes?

The second podcast is already recorded but my technical guy is very busy. Maybe in a few weeks? I think the podcasts will get better as we are still learning how to do them. ;)

My aim is one a month once we get going...hopefully 5 or 6 by Christmas.

In the distant future I'm hoping to do one a week. But that means liberating more time for some of us that are very busy.

The first series of between 5-7 podcasts is the basic outline of what spiritual Christianity is. Then we want to tackle what's being presented out there. :) Not to attack anyone...just compare what is being taught to what brings life in the Spirit. :)

Blessings in our Lord! <><

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The second podcast is already recorded but my technical guy is very busy. Maybe in a few weeks? I think the podcasts will get better as we are still learning how to do them. ;)

In the distant future I'm hoping to do one a week. But that means liberating more time for some of us that are very busy.

The first series of between 5-7 podcasts is the basic outline of what spiritual Christianity is. Then we want to tackle what's being presented out there. :) Not to attack anyone...just compare what is being taught to what brings life in the Spirit. :)

Doesn't seem to be much if anything needing tweaking, your first one was done very well!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How do you like the idea of putting music behind the verses readings? Is it distracting or helpful?

Reactions: Nancy

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you like the idea of putting music behind the verses readings? Is it distracting or helpful?
If it's your music it would be delightfully distracting and helpful! After hearing the refrain 'Way way up' on the podcast, I was compelled to pull out my favorite Focus Dei:L'Habitation [Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near], [In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit], [Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need], [I am the living bread which came down from heaven], [Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship].

With deeper gratitude and glory to God...Shabbat Shalom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr E and Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If it's your music it would be delightfully distracting and helpful! After hearing the refrain 'Way way up' on the podcast, I was compelled to pull out my favorite Focus Dei:L'Habitation [Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near], on Sur la terre comme au ciel].

With deeper gratitude and glory to God...Shabbat Shalom.

OK I'm going to try fitting that song in the 3rd podcast! :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Awesome Epi, God is using you for sure. Also read part of your book yesterday and I can actually understand it, not too many big words, lol.
You go bro!
@Nancy Sometimes there is indeed the danger of using words that ppl can't understand or spell............

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Nancy Sometimes there is indeed the danger of using words that ppl can't understand or spell............

True...but then again, it is sometimes beneficial to expand our vocabulary where more precise meanings are concerned. :)

Take for instance the word "imputation"...now that is a word that people should have looked up before settling on a meaning that is opposite to it. The prevalence in misunderstanding imputation is so great that modern dictionaries have now included a "religious" version of the word.

The real meaning is to attribute something to something based on reality...not religious imagination. :rolleyes:o_O

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I have no idea what's involved, but wouldn't worry too much about getting everything technically perfect....as long as the message is getting out there, it's best to remain in the simplicity of Christ and keep things simple. Thanks so much for doing this, I find it encouraging and affirming. Sending it to my son to watch too, God has been showing him some wonderful things...he's in his early forties and has been away from the Lord most of his life and has been through a lot...but it's as though the Lord is catching him up real fast, and in this way restoring what the locusts have eaten.

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
True...but then again, it is sometimes beneficial to expand our vocabulary where more precise meanings are concerned. :)

Take for instance the word "imputation"...now that is a word that people should have looked up before settling on a meaning that is opposite to it. The prevalence in misunderstanding imputation is so great that modern dictionaries have now included a "religious" version of the word.

The real meaning is to attribute something to something based on reality...not religious imagination. :rolleyes:o_O
Could it be a bit of both in a way...that we need to strive to apprehend - bring down to our "earth" - what has been imputed and laid up for us in heaven?