My poem completley kills coreys poem

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
well actually it doesn'tI stink at poetry but I was in a completley noisy classroom with a headache and this allowed me to zone out. and corey needs competitionI think I'm calling it Rain Why does it rainWhy must I share in this paina pain in which we try to ignorewe put a mask on and smileand act like were happy and so much moreBut I see the pain in your eyes while you have that smile which is so fakebut maybe if we pretend were happythe sadness melts awaycan you see the sadness on my faceit starts to rainIf I could grant you one thing in the world the thing which you live your life for we both know it won't take away this painbecause there is nothing we know of which can take it awayIts raining now, and the rain reveals everythingwill you go out and experience itor would you go inside and hide because right now were all hiding and with our masks on still smilingto every body but ourselfsCould we find happiness outside the mask find meaning outside the mask find ourselfs outside the mask for all the world to seewhat feeling would it bringin the rainwhat would you findI found a crossRyan Fitz

SKYWATCHER

Feb 7, 2008
Where does one go to ease the painwhen life is harsh and strikes again?Into the depths of deep despairwondering if one’s God is there.Darkness enfolds and spirit cries,asks for answers to many ‘whys’.If, together, things work for goodwhy aren’t they working like they should?Did God forsake this struggling child,left to wrestle ‘gainst pain and wildfears and doubts that travel their way?Show me God even cares today.Purpose in it we may not see,this thing is greater than you, me.Reasons just, part of the story,preparing us for His gloryTrials we face are part of the plan,make us more like the Son of Man.With faith and trust we learn to cope,God’s in control, gives us new hope.

stlizzy

Feb 6, 2008
A simple little ditty for the God loves us all!God loved me enoughto wait for meto come to my sensesand now daily He changes my spirit with His!God I love you moreThan any other thing.I'd like for my thoughts to be on you aloneand to run from temptation,To seek shelter under you wings of love.Thank you God.For all my brothers and sisters in Christ.You love Your ChildrenYou know what is bestand I love to be with them and be blessed.LOL! Hooray!

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
That was a great poem,do you normally write L0l,your probably mentioned it but oh well,Hm again the last few lines were great!!!!!!!!

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
A poem from my heartOh LordI want to move mountains for youFor You I want to part the seaFor you I want to do everythingOh Lord you change peoples hearts for meand forgive everything I do ( for none of it is good)Oh lord YOU DIED FOR MEcould I die for youYou see all i do is want and all you do is do.If I could just do one thing worth your time......Oh God I can't even live 5 minutes for you.I am the swine which you throw your pearlsI am the prodigal son who has not returnedI am the weed among your wheatand yet I am your son.your brother in christ Ryan Fitz

stlizzy

Feb 6, 2008
Hey Ryan. I like your poem... I often feel the same way... can't go 5 minutes without messing up again. But God loves His children! He knows what's best.
smile.gif

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
New and improved version Oh LordI want to move mountains for youFor You I want to part the seaFor you I want to do everything Oh Lord you change peoples hearts for meand forgive everything I do ( for none of it is good)Oh lord YOU DIED FOR MEcould I die for you You see, all i do is want and all I do is doIf I could just do one thing worth your time......Oh God I can't even live 5 minutes for you. I am the swine which you throw your pearlsI am the prodigal son who has not returnedI am the weed among your wheatI am one with the pharisphees I am the one who's house is built upon upon sandI am the one who denied that " I never knew him"I am the one who gave the betraying kiss and yet I am your son

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
You got it going on, LGF! I really do like many of your lines in your poem. You reflect a sincerity. I think it shows creativity. I loved the line that says,"I am the swine to which you throw your pearls." That is truth if I have ever heard it. It siered my thoughts like a hot iron.

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
That seems to come from a place of no hope. It is sad and depressing. This world can be like that sometimes. But... we do have a hope in the midst of this craziness! He visited our circus tent! He provided a way out. We don't have to live like the other crazy people do. We can live "above in the heavenlies" where Christ resides. Christ is our only hope; otherwise we are all hopelessly crazily lost.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
The poem as you have seemed to pick up is a critisism of american society and lifestyle. I'll leave the rest up to interpretation. unless you want a more in depth commentary that is. Is the poem any good?? and His by grace I love your line " he visited our circus tent" exactly
smile.gif

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
I think any poem that is thought-provoking could be considered "good"; that is if it gets you to focus on Christ. I guess I'm coming from a place this morning in which I needed encouragement, so I was reminding myself that even though there's a storm brewing on the horizon, I know the Master who still chastens the storm with a word. You are absolutely correct in your interpretation of our society, though. We, His people, are under His authority, His covering! We "tabernacle" with the Almighty! What a thing to shout about. Let us never forget that.