My story begins...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grew up going to a Methodist church. Changed to a Baptist church at about
the age of 14. Soon got saved, but was
difficult to convince me as I already loved Jesus Christ and had even been
standing up against the lie of evolution
taught in class at school.
Before switching churches, I'd been told
by others that people like to hear me sing. Ever since around when I was 10...or so, and even when visiting other churches as an adult, people have just
turned around right during singing times
in the congregation and told my parents
as to she can really sing beautifully or
said it to me and whomever I was with
at the service.
Soon after changing to attending that
Baptist church, my mom was asked by
a missionary guy there if I would help with his work of doing puppets. It was all new to me and great fun! You had to
memorize lines and we even did performances at hospitals for groups
of kids!
Had been taking private guitar lessons since
a young age. What started me wanting to learn to play that originated from being a Girl Scout. We were around the
campfire singing, and I mentioned as to
we should have a guitar player. No one
else seemed interested, so that then led to "I will do it!" Went home and told
my parents about what happened. They
soon took me to the music store (already had a flute/band) and I chose mine, even though an employee kept
showing me others. This guitar would later go on a mission trip with me! I was
fifteen, met teens from elsewhere and when we arrived at the church we were going to help work at, they started telling that I can sing. My guitar and I were very quickly leading in song after
song in the pulpit area of that church!
First, a few of their people listened to me sing up by their piano, and they enjoyed it, so had me lead the singing!
This trip was great! Met a guy...age 16...
and I stayed with the family that owned the malt shop! Lived a dream! All meals
were free if I ate there! Rule of my parents was..no dating till I'm sixteen. What was I to do? Thought about it, then had the time of my life for then! I stayed with a few other girls in a camper in the
driveway. We went on to date each other for about a year, even though he lived about an hour from my parents.
My guitar has been many places, different states, even played outside at
work on the picket line! I convinced others to bring their instruments and we
had quite a band going!
At this same age, around 16...got my
love for flying! Had a guy friend (a son
of a bank executive) that was taking flying lessons on Pipers, and he bought
me the lesson material as a gift! I learned how to check the planes before flights, and sat inside them pretending I was the pilot!

Last edited:

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope you've enjoyed that part above, and thanks for reading it!

Not sure yet how to continue my story, so
please check this thread in the future!

Oh, I did play that guitar as we sat around
campfires in Girl Scouts! Also, then, got my nickname of "Strings" by the girls!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope you've enjoyed that part above, and thanks for reading it!

Not sure yet how to continue my story, so
please check this thread in the future!

Oh, I did play that guitar as we sat around
campfires in Girl Scouts! Also, then, got my nickname of "Strings" by the girls!
Hello, nice to meet you. I'd really love to hear what brought you to Christ, and more about your salvation experience. :)

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, nice to meet you. I'd really love to hear what brought you to Christ, and more about your salvation experience. :)
Greetings,

We moved to a new town when I was about four years old, to my third house. Our family attended a
Methodist church there for about ten years. Lots of my relatives would mention Jesus Christ, as they
also went to a church. My mom began to go to a Baptist church on the same highway as the Methodist
one, located a bit before it. She got saved, then began witnessing to the others in our family. I was the
one that was strongly refusing! As I saw it, that would make all of my previous prayers seem like a farce.
I told her as to that I already love Jesus! I went on saying that to her over and over again! But, I had seen
my mom gain a new type of joy in her life, and I wanted that for me! I wanted that extra spark of happiness!
One evening, I went into my room, got down on my knees and repented of my sins-becoming a Christian!
Then, I went and told Mom! We were very thrilled and my life began to change immediately!

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How my life changed...

I started thinking about a list that I had previously made of what I want to accomplish during
my life. I got it out and began editing the greedy selfish type of thoughts from it! I kept that
list, even into my adult years-crossing items off as I got to do them!

I started to help my mom witness to her parents about how to get saved!
Soon led neighbor friends to Jesus!

I mentioned in my first post under this thread that I had stood against the evolution lie being taught
at my public school. I had to tell that teacher now about getting born-again, so I did!

I won a contest at my high school to play my guitar for performances of younger kids that would travel
various places! I now went with them as a Christian! Many of us had gone before the judges, had
to play what they told us to, and answer questions. Another thrilling time began to unfold!

Last edited:

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The error of teaching the evolution lies in class was my first realization that I must
be prepared to stand alone no matter the cost! Others, even from my church, would
not join me. Only in the hallways, did they let me know that they agreed with me. I witnessed
for the Almighty God then as our Creator, but not yet going to the Baptist church--didn't understand
Him as my Redeemer!
I would not budge as to taking a quiz or a test and writing down those lies as my answers. Since I was
refusing, and she didn't want me to fail the class, the teacher told me that if I would put down the answers
from the book, or taught in class, then I could follow that by saying something as to those words are lies. I requested to be
able to write Bible verses on the papers, and she agreed.
This time stayed in the memory of other students for years, they remarked about it and made sure that
I always had her house assigned to me if we were selling items for the drill team, or Scouts, etc!

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would not budge as to taking a quiz or a test and writing down those lies as my answers. Since I was
refusing, and she didn't want me to fail the class, the teacher told me that if I would put down the answers
from the book, or taught in class, then I could follow that by saying something as to those words are lies. I requested to be
able to write Bible verses on the papers, and she agreed.
Interestingly, I had a similar experience. I came to Christ at age 13, and my science teacher was an atheist. I was a straight-A student, rarely got below 98% on a test. But rather than put down the answers she wanted, I worded it so they she knew I didn't agree with evolution, but I knew what the textbook said... "The textbook says ....such and such...." Other times, I simply refused to give the answers she wanted and took points off for it.

Reactions: goforit/leap

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interestingly, I had a similar experience. I came to Christ at age 13, and my science teacher was an atheist. I was a straight-A student, rarely got below 98% on a test. But rather than put down the answers she wanted, I worded it so they she knew I didn't agree with evolution, but I knew what the textbook said... "The textbook says ....such and such...." Other times, I simply refused to give the answers she wanted and took points off for it.
Great to hear that you cared by noting the answers with added words, even not replying at times to the questions! It takes
an unwavering individual to do that! You were still quite young and a new believer in Christ Jesus to have taken a stand
so soon! Way to go!