My Testimony

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chong Shipei

Sep 15, 2022
Singapore
singaporechristianfiction.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Singapore
I was not born into a Christian family. Instead, I was born into a Taoist family. Yet from a young age, I had been searching for God. Not knowing where He came from, I often prayed to what I called, the unknown God.

At the age of 11, my aunt invited me to church. The skit was on the birth of Jesus, and somehow, that skit resonated with my heart and gave me a warm feeling although I had no idea who Jesus is.

During my secondary school days, I was extremely rebellious. I disobeyed my parents and prayed to Satan, although I still somehow believe in my unknown God. When I was caught for stealing a CD from a music store, I prayed to God for protection and because He did protect me, I stopped praying to Satan, It was around this time that my aunt gave me a children's bible and somehow, the God in that bible matched my perception of who my unknown God is, and my search for Him was narrowed down to three religions-- Christianity, Judaism and Islam. I prayed to God to reveal to me which of these three religions He came from.

By the time I reached my Junior College years, I was 99.99% sure that God came from the Christian religion. Still, I did not want to accept Jesus while the rest of my family are going to hell. God has His own plans for me, however. On the second year of my Junior College, one of my friends was considering becoming a Christian. Knowing me to be a non-Christian and therefore could offer her an unbias opinion, she sought my advise. I told her to go ahead to be a Christian because I was 99.99% sure that the Christian God is the real one. She took my advise and became a Christian. Not only that, she actually brought the one who converted her to be a Christian to me. That gal who converted my friend to be a Christian convinced me to be a Christian by telling me how my family might actually one day go to heaven and not ended up in hell if I prayed to Jesus. I accepted Jesus into my life and never regretted my choice.

Although my family are still not Christians as of this writing, I had grown to love God and Jesus and Holy Spirit so much that even if they never become Christians and ended up in hell, I will still follow Jesus. This is my testimony, and I dedicate this testimony and this blog to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. May everything in my life be for His glory.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was not born into a Christian family. Instead, I was born into a Taoist family. Yet from a young age, I had been searching for God. Not knowing where He came from, I often prayed to what I called, the unknown God.

At the age of 11, my aunt invited me to church. The skit was on the birth of Jesus, and somehow, that skit resonated with my heart and gave me a warm feeling although I had no idea who Jesus is.

During my secondary school days, I was extremely rebellious. I disobeyed my parents and prayed to Satan, although I still somehow believe in my unknown God. When I was caught for stealing a CD from a music store, I prayed to God for protection and because He did protect me, I stopped praying to Satan, It was around this time that my aunt gave me a children's bible and somehow, the God in that bible matched my perception of who my unknown God is, and my search for Him was narrowed down to three religions-- Christianity, Judaism and Islam. I prayed to God to reveal to me which of these three religions He came from.

By the time I reached my Junior College years, I was 99.99% sure that God came from the Christian religion. Still, I did not want to accept Jesus while the rest of my family are going to hell. God has His own plans for me, however. On the second year of my Junior College, one of my friends was considering becoming a Christian. Knowing me to be a non-Christian and therefore could offer her an unbias opinion, she sought my advise. I told her to go ahead to be a Christian because I was 99.99% sure that the Christian God is the real one. She took my advise and became a Christian. Not only that, she actually brought the one who converted her to be a Christian to me. That gal who converted my friend to be a Christian convinced me to be a Christian by telling me how my family might actually one day go to heaven and not ended up in hell if I prayed to Jesus. I accepted Jesus into my life and never regretted my choice.

Although my family are still not Christians as of this writing, I had grown to love God and Jesus and Holy Spirit so much that even if they never become Christians and ended up in hell, I will still follow Jesus. This is my testimony, and I dedicate this testimony and this blog to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. May everything in my life be for His glory.
Welcome! God's Blessings! And my prayers for Singapore and the Chinese people!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Beautiful testimony sister. Before my mother passed, she told one of my brothers that God showed her that all 7 of her children would be saved. She only lived long enough to see one but, we all follow Jesus now and she was not alive to see it but, I believe she was shown the answer to her prayer. She so loved the Lord and eventually brought my father into Gods Kingdom as well.

Nov 13, 2022
Honolulu
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Chong Shipei and Thank You for Sharing Your Testimony! :tiphat:

When I became a Christian back in 1997 my family and friends didn't want anything to do with God too, so now what do we do, right? We PRAY! :pray::Thumbsup: We pray that God ushers in Godly Christians into their lives, who will lead them and help them to grow in Christ Jesus...Just as our Lord Jesus Christ intercedes for us in prayer, we too can do the same thing for others...

Keep Up the GOOD Work in Christ Jesus! :goodj:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Hello Chong Shipei, you might be interested in reading this book? .....an incredible story!
The Heavenly Man: The Remarkable True Story of Chinese Christian Brother Yun Download ( 256 Pages | Free )

Reactions: NagaMorningstar

NagaMorningstar

Dec 13, 2022
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beautiful testimony sister. Before my mother passed, she told one of my brothers that God showed her that all 7 of her children would be saved. She only lived long enough to see one but, we all follow Jesus now and she was not alive to see it but, I believe she was shown the answer to her prayer. She so loved the Lord and eventually brought my father into Gods Kingdom as well.
Maybe your family would be interested in this video

He says that Chinese astrologers recorded an eclipse at time of Jesus’ crucifixion and noted that it meant the sin of the world was on one man.

NagaMorningstar

Dec 13, 2022
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so how did you know you were praying to a specific existing entity :coff
Satan is considered to be samael the destroying goat archangel which is why satanic churches have his goat pentagram for their symbol and he is said to be the guardian of western civilization (edom) which is why we have “Uncle Sam” and why he looks like baphomet.

• Wow
Reactions: ThePuffyBlob