Near death experiences of Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope this is ok to post here. I find them inspiring.
There are Q and A's below from Michael L. :

"An interesting account of a Near Death Experience with a Christian intrepretation:

Michael L NDE

EXPERIENCE DESCRIPTION:

BEFORE THE SURGERY I WAS TAKEN TO THE OPERATING ROOM WHERE MY GOWN WAS REMOVED AND MY ARMS WERE STRETCHED OUT AS THE IVs WERE INSERTED. I REMEMBER SAYING TO MYSELF: "JESUS THIS IS WHAT THEY DID TO YOU" THEN I WAS PUT TO SLEEP.

NEXT I WAS OUT OF MY BODY LOOKING DOWN AT WHAT WAS BEING DONE TO ME AND TO MY RIGHT WAS ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL WHOSE FACE I NEVER SAW.
I SAW MY HEART BEING REMOVED AS THE DOCTORS NEEDED TO REACH ARTERIES. THEN SAW MY HEART REPLACED AND WATCHED AS THE SURGEONS TRIED TO UNSUCCESSFULLY RESTART MY HEART WITH SMALL PADDLES.
AT THIS POINT I STARTED TO LAUGH AND THE PERSON STANDING NEXT TO ME ASKED WHY I WAS LAUGHING.
I RESPONDING SAYING: "LOOK THEY'RE ALL IN A PANIC, HOW FUNNY".
EVENTUALLY MY HEART WAS RESTARTED AND THE INDIVIDUAL WITH ME SAID: "COME WE HAVE TO GO".

I WAS TAKEN TO A VERY NARROW DOOR AND THE PERSON WITH ME TOLD ME TO OPEN THE DOOR AND GO IN. THAT WAS THE LAST I SAW OR HEARD THIS INDIVIDUAL.
I ENTERED THRU THE DOOR AND IMMEDIATELY FELT AN INTENSE FEELING OF LOVE AND WARMTH. AS I WALKED I SAW A BEAUTIFUL FIELD WITH AN INTENSE BLUE SKY.
THE BLUE COLOR WAS UNLIKE I HAD EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. I THEN BECAME AWARE OF BEAUTIFUL MUSIC COMING FROM EVERYWHERE. ROCKS, TREES, GRASS, ETC WERE ALL PRAISING GOD.
I SAW NO ONE BUT AS I TURNED I SAW A THRONE OR ALTER, DON'T KNOW WHICH, WITH MULTICOLORED STREAMING FROM IT.

IN THE CENTER WAS AN INTENSE WHITE LIGHT WHICH DIDN'T HURT MY EYES BUT THE FEELING OF LOVE GOT STRONGER. 24 HOURS LATER IN THE RECOVERY I WAS AWAKENED IN AGONY.

THOUGH I COULDN'T TALK I SCREAMED INSIDE: "JESUS DON'T LEAVE ME HERE, TAKE ME BACK", NO RESPONSE TO MY PLEA. 2 DAYS LATER MY HEART WENT INTO DEFIBRILLATION FOR 5 HOURS WHICH THE DOCTORS COULDN'T STOP. DURING THAT TIME I KEPT PRAYING FOR HELP. AS MY CONDITION WORSENED I SAID: "GOD WHY, WHY DID YOU SHOW ME WHAT YOU DID AND NOW YOU WON'T HELP". IMMEDIATELY I FELT A HAND ON MY CHEST AND A VOICE SAID: "MICHAEL, I HEARD YOU BUT REMEMBER I ANSWER IN MY TIME NOT YOURS".
AT THAT TIME THE NURSES AND DOCTORS CAME RUNNING INTO MY ROOM TO TELL ME MY HEART WAS NOW WORKING NORMALLY.

SEVERAL WEEKS LATER, AT HOME, I WAS ASLEEP ON THE COUCH WHEN I SUDDENLY FELT MYSELF GOING THRU A MULTICOLORED TUNNEL AT ENORMOUS SPEED THEN SUDDENLY I WAS GOING BACKWARDS THRU THIS TUNNEL, AT WHICH TIME I AWOKE. MY WIFE WAS STANDING OVER ME AND SAID I HAD STOPPED BREATHING.

At the time of your experience was there an associated life-threatening event? Yes DOCTORS COULDN'T RESTART MY HEART AFTER THE PROCEDURE

How did your highest level of consciousness and alertness during the experience compare to your normal everyday consciousness and alertness? More consciousness and alertness than normal THE FEELING OF LOVE IS MORE THAN I CAN EXPLAIN.

Please compare your vision during the experience to your everyday vision that you had immediately prior to the time of the experience. THERE WAS NO FEAR, I FELT COMFORTED.

Please compare your hearing during the experience to your everyday hearing that you had immediately prior to the time of the experience. THE MUSIC I HEARD WAS BEAUTIFUL AND INTENSE

What emotions did you feel during the experience? INTENSE PEASE AND LOVE

Did you see an unearthly light? Yes I CAN'T, THERE ARE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE IT

Did you encounter or become aware of any beings who previously lived on earth who are described by name in religions (for example: Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha, etc.)? Uncertain I ENCOUNTERED SOMEONE WHO I BELIEVE WAS JESUS

Did you seem to enter some other, unearthly world? A clearly mystical or unearthly realm
AGAIN, I CAN'T FIND THE WORDS OTHER THAN AWESOME

Did time seem to speed up or slow down? Everything seemed to be happening at once; or time stopped or lost all meaning
I WAS UNCONSCIOUS FOR 24 HOURS YET MY EXPERIENCE SEEMED TO HAVE NO TIME

Did you suddenly seem to understand everything?
WHENEVER I ASK GOD A QUESTION, HE IMMEDIATELY ANSWERS ME. MOST OF THE TIME

During your experience, did you encounter any specific information / awareness that God or a supreme being either does (or does not) exist? Yes THE INCREDIBLE LOVE I FELT AND THE MUSIC PRAISING GOD

During your experience, did you encounter any specific information / awareness that you either did (or did not) exist prior to this lifetime? Yes GOD HAS TOLD ME I HAVE EXISTED SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME

During your experience, did you encounter any specific information / awareness regarding love?
Yes WE ON EARTH HAVE NO CONCEPT OF TRUE LOVE

During your experience, did you encounter any other specific information / awareness that you have not shared in other questions that is relevant to living our earthly lives? Yes WE MUST SUBMIT OURSELVES TO GOD AND MAKE HIM THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN OUR LIVES :)

Did you have a sense of knowing special knowledge or purpose? Yes WE MUST STOP OFFENDING OUR HEAVENLY FATHER

How accurately do you remember the experience in comparison to other life events that occurred around the time of the experience? I remember the experience more accurately than other life events that occurred around the time of the experience

My experience directly resulted in: Large changes in my life

Did you have any changes in your values or beliefs after the experience that occurred as a result of the experience? Yes FOR 3 YEARS AFTER MY EXPERIENCE I WAS ANGRY WITH GOD FOR NOT TAKING ME "HOME"

Are there one or several parts of your experience that are especially meaningful or significant to you? THE INTENSE LOVE I FELT WHEN I WENT THRU THAT DOOR

Are there one or several parts of your experience that are especially meaningful or significant to you? THE INTENSE LOVE I FELT WHEN I WENT THRU THAT DOOR

Have you ever shared this experience with others? Yes I SHARED WHAT I EXPERIENCED ALMOST IMMEDIATELY BUT PEOPLE SEEM TO DOUBT ME, EXCEPT THOSE WHO HAVE HAD SIMILAR EXPERIENCES

Did you have any knowledge of near death experience (NDE) prior to your experience? NO

What did you believe about the reality of your experience shortly (days to weeks) after it happened: Experience was definitely real I CAN'T THINK OF ANY SCIENTIFIC PROOF TO BELIEVE OTHERWISE

What do you believe about the reality of your experience at the current time:
Experience was definitely real GOD CALLS ME EVERY NIGHT AND WE CONVERSE LIKE FATHER AND SON

Have your relationships changed specifically as a result of your experience? Yes I WANT TO HELP PEOPLE ANYWAY I CAN, HELP THEM BELIEVE, ADORE, TRUST AND LOVE GOD

Have your religious beliefs/spiritual practices changed specifically as a result of your experience? Yes DEFINITELY MORE RELIGIOUS

At any time in your life, has anything ever reproduced any part of the experience? No

Is there anything else that you would like to add about your experience? ONLY THAT I AM AND ALWAYS BE GRATEFUL"

http://www.nderf.org/michael_l_nde.htm

Shorter:
"Standing in front of me was the most awesome sight - I could see a man standing in front of me,
but he was not like anyone I'd ever seen before in my life.
His garments were shimmering white in
color - garments of light - I could see His bare feet and His hands were outstretched towards me
as if to welcome me.
I knew I was looking upon God … as I looked toward His face the intensity of
the light seemed to increase 7-fold - you couldn't make out the form of his face as the light was so
bright - such purity, such holiness, such beauty. I asked God if I could step closer.
I felt I could, I wanted to see His face.
Moving closer waves of more Love began to flow towards me, and I felt very safe."

Ian McCormick's NDE - except:

God-
Suddenly it opened up in the centre and standing in front of me was the most awesome sight - I could see a man standing in front of me, but he was not like anyone I'd ever seen before in my life. His garments were shimmering white in color - garments of light - I could see His bare feet and His hands were outstretched towards me as if to welcome me. I knew I was looking upon God … as I looked toward His face the intensity of the light seemed to increase 7-fold - you couldn't make out the form of his face as the light was so bright - such purity, such holiness, such beauty. I asked God if I could step closer. I felt I could, I wanted to see His face. Moving closer waves of more Love began to flow towards me, and I felt very safe. Standing, now feet away, from the Lord I tried to see His face - but I didn't know that no man can see the face of God and live. And so, as I moved my face into the radiance that surrounded His face, He moved - and all His Glory moved with Him. Directly behind Him it opened out into a brand new World - green pastures, a crystal clear stream, rolling green hills to my right, mountains in the distance, blue skies above, to my left fields interspersed with trees and flowers. As I looked at the grass in front of me I could see the same light that was on the presence of God was radiating throughout this entire creation - totally untouched by man - perfect creation. And in my heart I knew I belonged here, that God had created me to live here - I knew I was home.

Return?:
I was just about to enter in and explore, when God stepped back in front of me, and asked me this question. "Now that you have seen - do you wish to step in or do you wish to return?" I thought, "I don't want to return. I wish to step in. I have no one to go back for and no one has ever loved me, all they've ever done is manipulate me and try to control me ... I have no one to go back for, I wish to step in." But God didn't move, so I looked back behind me to say "goodbye, cruel world", and standing behind me in a vision in front of the tunnel was my mother. And as soon as I saw her I knew that there was one person in my life that had shown me love, and that was my mother, and that she had prayed for me every day and tried to show me that this was the way. In my mind I thought, "if I am dead and I did choose to step into heaven, what would my mother think? Would she know I made it or would she think I went to Hell - because she knew I had no Faith? … I realized that it could break her heart and that she would have no reason to believe that God had heard my prayer in the ambulance and forgiven my sins. … I thought, "how can I do that to my mum, it would be so selfish" … and decided I wished to return.

God then spoke to me and said, "If I wished to return - I must see things in a new light." I understood that to mean that I must begin to see through his eyes of Love, Peace, Joy, Forgiveness, from His Heavenly perspective, not my temporary earthly perspective. Looking back towards the tunnel again I now could see a vision of all my family, and thousands and thousands of other people. I asked God who all these people were, and He told me that if I didn't return then many of these people would not get a chance to hear about Him….

I told God that I didn't know most of them and I didn't love them, but that I loved my mother and wished to return for her. God spoke to me and told me that He loved those people and wanted them all to come to know Him. I asked God how could I possibly return back down the tunnel and back into my hospital bed. He spoke and said "Son, tilt your head, now feel the liquid drain from your eye. Now open your eye and see." And I was immediately back in my physical body."

***I have made 3 separate posts at different time spacings and they have all
been posted as one long post, I am sorry
if I am doing anything wrong.
I wanted to bold this and change the color so you all would notice it - to no avail.