Need a miracle so I can pray

  • Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

    You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dmdar

Well-Known Member
Sep 29, 2025
486
543
93
42
Middletown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, I would greatly appreciate your prayers- I am having a severe problem. I stutter severely when I try to pray to God, I can barely speak to God, this has been going on for a long time now. Some times it is so bad I can't talk to God at all but I have to do it anyway because I must pray, praying is extremely hard but I must do it or something bad will happen. I believe God is showing me that the enemy does not have the power to physically stop a believer from praying, but I have a severe problem with anxiety, it is so severe I stutter when I try to pray. I am so wound up with anxiety I can barely pray. I do not feel anxious so I don't realize what is happening. This problem may all be my illness (schizophrenia), God touched me a few days ago and my problem is better, but I still can barely pray. I am facing another severe problem right now and I need to pray, spend time with God, so it stops but I am barely able to pray right now. I need a miracle that I can talk to God, please pray for a miracle! Thank you!
 

Debp

Mod - Encounter Team
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jul 5, 2020
14,423
17,234
113
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Female
I think I mentioned to you before about you can pray silently to yourself...in your head. Maybe the anxiety is causing the stuttering. Remember the Lord loves you as His child...He knows your situation and is merciful.
 
  • Love
Reactions: LoveYeshua

sondring7

Member
Sep 13, 2026
361
89
28
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Gender
Male
Hi, I would greatly appreciate your prayers- I am having a severe problem. I stutter severely when I try to pray to God, I can barely speak to God, this has been going on for a long time now. Some times it is so bad I can't talk to God at all but I have to do it anyway because I must pray, praying is extremely hard but I must do it or something bad will happen. I believe God is showing me that the enemy does not have the power to physically stop a believer from praying, but I have a severe problem with anxiety, it is so severe I stutter when I try to pray. I am so wound up with anxiety I can barely pray. I do not feel anxious so I don't realize what is happening. This problem may all be my illness (schizophrenia), God touched me a few days ago and my problem is better, but I still can barely pray. I am facing another severe problem right now and I need to pray, spend time with God, so it stops but I am barely able to pray right now. I need a miracle that I can talk to God, please pray for a miracle! Thank you!
Pray in your mind :)
 

pwg_jonathan

New Member
Oct 6, 2026
10
3
3
26
San Leandro
www.pacewithgrace.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Male
dmdar, thank you for being so honest about this. Wanting so much to talk with God and finding the words stuck is painful, and I want to gently encourage you that your Father is not grading how smoothly you speak. He sees your heart reaching for Him, and that is already prayer.

Romans 8:26 says, "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans."

And Matthew 6:8 tells us, "your Father knows what you need before you ask him."

So even when the words will not come, you are heard. Nothing bad is waiting to happen if a prayer comes out slow, short, or silent. He is gentle with you.

I am praying that the Lord would quiet the anxiety, loosen your tongue, and give you a deep sense of rest in His presence. Would you like me to keep you in my prayers this week?
 

dmdar

Well-Known Member
Sep 29, 2025
486
543
93
42
Middletown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
dmdar, thank you for being so honest about this. Wanting so much to talk with God and finding the words stuck is painful, and I want to gently encourage you that your Father is not grading how smoothly you speak. He sees your heart reaching for Him, and that is already prayer.

Romans 8:26 says, "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans."

And Matthew 6:8 tells us, "your Father knows what you need before you ask him."

So even when the words will not come, you are heard. Nothing bad is waiting to happen if a prayer comes out slow, short, or silent. He is gentle with you.

I am praying that the Lord would quiet the anxiety, loosen your tongue, and give you a deep sense of rest in His presence. Would you like me to keep you in my prayers this week?
Yes if you wouldn't mind, for some reason this problem with praying leaves but it just comes right back, this has actually been going on for years, I get prayer and it leaves but then within a day or so it just comes right back. I need God's intervention that this stops. Thank you!
 

shepherdsword

Encounter Team - Eagle
Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 12, 2009
2,383
2,126
113
Millington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Male
Hi, I would greatly appreciate your prayers- I am having a severe problem. I stutter severely when I try to pray to God, I can barely speak to God, this has been going on for a long time now. Some times it is so bad I can't talk to God at all but I have to do it anyway because I must pray, praying is extremely hard but I must do it or something bad will happen. I believe God is showing me that the enemy does not have the power to physically stop a believer from praying, but I have a severe problem with anxiety, it is so severe I stutter when I try to pray. I am so wound up with anxiety I can barely pray. I do not feel anxious so I don't realize what is happening. This problem may all be my illness (schizophrenia), God touched me a few days ago and my problem is better, but I still can barely pray. I am facing another severe problem right now and I need to pray, spend time with God, so it stops but I am barely able to pray right now. I need a miracle that I can talk to God, please pray for a miracle! Thank you!
I am praying for you, brother,:praying: