NEHEMIAH CHAPTER 1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This passage touched me profoundly this morning. At the start of last year God laid it on my heart to pray for the Church and as I read this portion of scripture which I have read many times before, I could see parallels between the Israelite situation and today’s church.

There must be so many Christians living in ‘exile’, no longer being part of church fellowships because the churches are letting people down. The enemy has done so much damage to its ‘walls’ and it has been ‘invaded’ by the world, and worldly views have diminished the power of God’s word.

Much of today's church is held in 'captivity' to world views, man-made traditions, religion, legalism and falling moral standards even within the Church. It needs modern day Joshuas to lead it into the 'Promised Land' and modern day 'Nehemiahs' to rebuild its 'walls'.

I pray for modern day ‘Nehemiahs’ and 'Joshuas' to be raised up to rebuild the Church and to stand against those who seek to destroy it. To stand against those who mock and ridicule so that the power of God may once again move within His Church.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This passage touched me profoundly this morning. At the start of last year God laid it on my heart to pray for the Church and as I read this portion of scripture which I have read many times before, I could see parallels between the Israelite situation and today’s church.

There must be so many Christians living in ‘exile’, no longer being part of church fellowships because the churches are letting people down. The enemy has done so much damage to its ‘walls’ and it has been ‘invaded’ by the world, and worldly views have diminished the power of God’s word.

Much of today's church is held in 'captivity' to world views, man-made traditions, religion, legalism and falling moral standards even within the Church. It needs modern day Joshuas to lead it into the 'Promised Land' and modern day 'Nehemiahs' to rebuild its 'walls'.

I pray for modern day ‘Nehemiahs’ and 'Joshuas' to be raised up to rebuild the Church and to stand against those who seek to destroy it. To stand against those who mock and ridicule so that the power of God may once again move within His Church.
Nehemiah and Ezra both, what amazing men! I feel like I must have only a fraction of their heart!

Much love!

Reactions: Pearl and Rita

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Absolutely wonderful post.
You have said what my heart has been feeling for awhile now "EXILED".
I just couldn't put my finger on the problem. It causes loneliness, doubt and insecurities if you are weak in the faith.

May God make us so strong that standing alone we may make up a STRONG hedge and wall in spiritual, Spirit unity.

I love my true family I have found here, just wish there was a closer way to fellowship, pray together and love God in group.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely wonderful post.
You have said what my heart has been feeling for awhile now "EXILED".
I just couldn't put my finger on the problem. It causes loneliness, doubt and insecurities if you are weak in the faith.

May God make us so strong that standing alone we may make up a STRONG hedge and wall in spiritual, Spirit unity.

I love my true family I have found here, just wish there was a closer way to fellowship, pray together and love God in group.
The lambs will stand and contend for the one true gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ and all that HE did teach .
Be encouraged in the LORD .