Never Meant To Be Alone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
“Never Meant To Be Alone”
Genesis 2:18 NLT
Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.”

This past month at church, the sermons have been about building community together. What I found to be fascinating and had never really considered is how our pastor connected this passage to community. Adam was alone, but God made a helper suitable and just right for him. God didn’t want Adam to be alone, so He made Eve. It wasn’t good for Adam to just be solo. He was meant for community. When our pastor shared this, it really made sense.

I get that some people are not people-oriented and they would rather fly solo in anything they do. For whatever reason, some people just don’t vibe very well with others and prefer to be alone all they can be. However, this is not healthy and God has created us to be in community with each other. It is so important for us all to be around others and build relationships so that we can encourage and build one another up.

Sometimes, it’s just easier to get into our own world and forget that other people need us. Others need our encouragement and our presence. Sometimes, you don’t even need to say anything to be in community with others. Sometimes, your very presence speaks volumes just because you took the time out of your day and showed up. That means a lot to so many people!

I remember when I was a pastor and I went on some visits to various places. Some situations were easier than others. I remember some times when I didn’t have the words to share or know what to say. However, God often reminded me that I just needed to be present. Sometimes, I would actually hear someone say, “Thank you for coming. Just you being here meant the world to us!” I was like, “I didn’t do or say anything”. But it wasn’t anything I did or said. It was just the fact that I made a presence.

Friends, we were all made for community. We need to be there for one another and lift each other up as God leads us to do. It is so important that we strive to build community with other people, even those we don’t necessarily jive with. Just be there for others and show them you care. God wants us to be in community with each other and share His love in whatever ways we possibly can.

We were never meant to be alone. Since the very beginning, God made it a point to create community. I just pray that this devotional reminds you and encourages you that being in community with other people is vital to us living a healthy life. We need others and God created us to be with others. People need us and we need people. Be thankful for the people God has brought into your life as you experience community.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.”

This past month at church, the sermons have been about building community together. What I found to be fascinating and had never really considered is how our pastor connected this passage to community. Adam was alone, but God made a helper suitable and just right for him. God didn’t want Adam to be alone, so He made Eve. It wasn’t good for Adam to just be solo. He was meant for community. When our pastor shared this, it really made sense.

I get that some people are not people-oriented and they would rather fly solo in anything they do. For whatever reason, some people just don’t vibe very well with others and prefer to be alone all they can be. However, this is not healthy and God has created us to be in community with each other. It is so important for us all to be around others and build relationships so that we can encourage and build one another up.

Sometimes, it’s just easier to get into our own world and forget that other people need us. Others need our encouragement and our presence. Sometimes, you don’t even need to say anything to be in community with others. Sometimes, your very presence speaks volumes just because you took the time out of your day and showed up. That means a lot to so many people!

I remember when I was a pastor and I went on some visits to various places. Some situations were easier than others. I remember some times when I didn’t have the words to share or know what to say. However, God often reminded me that I just needed to be present. Sometimes, I would actually hear someone say, “Thank you for coming. Just you being here meant the world to us!” I was like, “I didn’t do or say anything”. But it wasn’t anything I did or said. It was just the fact that I made a presence.

Friends, we were all made for community. We need to be there for one another and lift each other up as God leads us to do. It is so important that we strive to build community with other people, even those we don’t necessarily jive with. Just be there for others and show them you care. God wants us to be in community with each other and share His love in whatever ways we possibly can.

We were never meant to be alone. Since the very beginning, God made it a point to create community. I just pray that this devotional reminds you and encourages you that being in community with other people is vital to us living a healthy life. We need others and God created us to be with others. People need us and we need people. Be thankful for the people God has brought into your life as you experience community.

Best post I've read in a while!
Apart from our brothers and sisters, we burn out slowly until we have fallen away, or become very lukewarm, moving further from Him rather than closer. We isolate, depression sets in, or gets worse...You are right Dude, "is vital to us living a healthy life." If we can grow as a group, a family, then we ALL draw nearer to Him.

I just joined a local body near me and so far I am liking it allot. They don't delve too deeply into the scriptures during Sunday service but have much deeper studies during Sunday school after services. And the bible studies during the week are great. Also a food/paper pantry with many products.

No band or lights and smoke, they are hymnal and that, I REALLY love.
I'm blessed and hope and pray that this truly IS the local body I have been praying for for over two years now...praise report :)

I've not felt the actual emotion of happiness in a really long time. This, is a praise report for answered prayer in my personal life and, He has also come through for me over a recent issue...right when I was ready to totally give up hope, bam...our God is tremendously perfect and worthy to be praised, and to be thanked for ALL things at all times, amen!
Again, great subject brother.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's a pleasant thought and human beings are social creatures, though not as good at it as ants or honey bees.
I'm pretty sure that the relationship between Adam and Eve has it's ultimate fulfillment in our relationship to God.

Having received His Spirit it isn't really possible to be alone and the intimacy of that relationship with God is greater than any other, including the marital relationship, though marriage is meant to reflect it.

The community of the body of Christ should be about loving relationships, but that does require some degree of humility.

I spent some time worshipping with, in Bible study with, and even joining in a guitar workshop fellowship with a relatively young church. I wanted to get to know people so participated in fellowship the ways I'd learnt in other churches.

I have a tendency to pick a spot to sit for worship service and return to the same area every Sunday, unless I prefer not to be noticed (which is difficult when I'm feeling the worship and lifting my voice. )

I found that I was usually sitting close to or even behind one particular man pretty regularly who was always alone, so I introduced myself to him. It turned out that he was a retired sergeant (the church was close to fort Monmouth and a number of military retirees stayed on in the area even after the base closed.)

My wife and I stayed for a fellowship lunch held one Sunday as did this old soldier. He was sitting at a table all by himself quietly eating a meal so I asked if he'd mind some company and we sat down, exchanged a few pleasantries and ate our lunch.

Around us other congregants were chatting and laughing, clearly enjoying themselves, but not one soul, not even the pastor, stopped by to say hello.

I knew some of the men from men's prayer meetings and Bible studies on Saturday morning. I was received well when I contributed to the studies. I had fun playing contemporary worship and praise music with some of the musically inclined and only had a bad response from one young man who seemed to think very highly of himself and his talent, but at this lunch fellowship as I looked around the room, no one returned my gaze and waved or smiled, no one even looked in our direction. It was a bit like being invisible.

I don't know if it was us or this black man we sat down with, or just a lot of self absorption, but sometimes community fellowship is just another opportunity to sin in ignorance.

I look back at that church and see a congregation lead by people who claim not to stress doctrine because it's divisive, yet with a pastor who proclaimed from the pulpit "we believe in a pretrbulation rapture here" glancing at me because I don't, pretty much suggesting that I didn't belong there because of an eschatology that differs from Chuck Smith's.

I guess that's why I see such congregations as "almost a church". You can have community in cliques and country clubs, but love is a defining point for churches and fellowship is more than just community.