New Here

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Incidental Light

Jun 30, 2010
Canada
Hey Everyone,

My name is Daniel
Im a Christian. Im 21. Im From Canada. I play Hockey. I love Taking pictures. I have Aspergers Syndrome. If you dont know what that is it's a form of Autism that affects social behaviour so It makes it hard for me to talk to people and to keep and make friends. But I get through it with the help of God.
Next Fall I will be starting my Junior Year in College in Prince Edward Island Canada.I am Majoring in Sociology and have a Minor in History. I love taking pictures and I love to travel. Last Summer I got the chance to do Study Abroad. I went to France,Germany,Italy,Prague, Poland,England. It was amazing.

I have Acute lymphocytic leukemia. My brother had this same cancer when he was 11 he is 17 now And Cancer Free. One of the risk factors of this cancer is if a sibling gets it there is a more that likely chance that another sibling gets it. So my brother had it and now I have it. This summer is going to be hard and im not really sure what is in store for me. I am currently on Chemo Treatment.Lately I have been falling away from God perhaps this is his way of testing me.So please pray for me and my family. I am really shy and might not speak up so talk me and let me know you care or just talk to me in general. It would really help me.

Thanks a Bunch

Anyway Sorry that was so long. I hope to meet some new Christian Friends

-Daniel

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Everyone,

My name is Daniel
Im a Christian. Im 21. Im From Canada. I play Hockey. I love Taking pictures. I have Aspergers Syndrome. If you dont know what that is it's a form of Autism that affects social behaviour so It makes it hard for me to talk to people and to keep and make friends. But I get through it with the help of God.
Next Fall I will be starting my Junior Year in College in Prince Edward Island Canada.I am Majoring in Sociology and have a Minor in History. I love taking pictures and I love to travel. Last Summer I got the chance to do Study Abroad. I went to France,Germany,Italy,Prague, Poland,England. It was amazing.

I have Acute lymphocytic leukemia. My brother had this same cancer when he was 11 he is 17 now And Cancer Free. One of the risk factors of this cancer is if a sibling gets it there is a more that likely chance that another sibling gets it. So my brother had it and now I have it. This summer is going to be hard and im not really sure what is in store for me. I am currently on Chemo Treatment.Lately I have been falling away from God perhaps this is his way of testing me.So please pray for me and my family. I am really shy and might not speak up so talk me and let me know you care or just talk to me in general. It would really help me.

Thanks a Bunch

-Daniel

Hello Daniel, and welcome to CB! Bless your heart, you're really having a time of it, aren't you? I have had illness and cancer in my family and I know how hard this is to deal with. But this has drawn me closer to God. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Incidental Light

Jun 30, 2010
Canada
Hello Daniel, and welcome to CB! Bless your heart, you're really having a time of it, aren't you? I have had illness and cancer in my family and I know how hard this is to deal with. But this has drawn me closer to God. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Thank you :)

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
Hello Incidental Light,

Our family of three (two "girls" and me) have always cherished the Anne of Green Gables stories on screen. Anne, Gilbert, Marilla Cuthbert and the whole series cast was emotional and satisfying to see. It all took place on Prince Edward Island. It would be a vacation spot for certain, should we ever come into vast wealth and means. I envy your position, being able to go there. And live there too for that matter, my only concern would be the slightly cool weather. I wear extra clothing if the breeze is a little stiff in summer here in Wi. "Freezycat" to the max.

School has been on your brain for years now. My 14-year old couldn't wait for summer break, How's she gonna spend it? reading books and Facebooking. She is definitely a girl in every way. She is outstanding academically and personally. This is God. Her father,(me) was not what I wanted her to be like, and I got my wish. Instead she's like her mother. Not really, she's her own person all the way.

I do not know if you are in any chronic pain, though I would imagine it accompanies such trials as yours. I have been in chronic pain for thirty some years with no remedies other than grace and hope. Good days are really great days, and bad days are depresso-city. At times, I am useless to myself and others because I cannot mentally cope with anyone else. It stinks. That's only occaisional though, and medication does alot to help with the pain.

Take every ones' opinion here with a grain of gracing salt. There are so many differing views that it's more like reading a newspaper than a Board. But that's good. Input from left field is just as much needed as right field. So don't be bashful and jump right in when you have time.

fivesense

Incidental Light

Jun 30, 2010
Canada
Hello Incidental Light,

Our family of three (two "girls" and me) have always cherished the Anne of Green Gables stories on screen. Anne, Gilbert, Marilla Cuthbert and the whole series cast was emotional and satisfying to see. It all took place on Prince Edward Island. It would be a vacation spot for certain, should we ever come into vast wealth and means. I envy your position, being able to go there. And live there too for that matter, my only concern would be the slightly cool weather. I wear extra clothing if the breeze is a little stiff in summer here in Wi. "Freezycat" to the max.

School has been on your brain for years now. My 14-year old couldn't wait for summer break, How's she gonna spend it? reading books and Facebooking. She is definitely a girl in every way. She is outstanding academically and personally. This is God. Her father,(me) was not what I wanted her to be like, and I got my wish. Instead she's like her mother. Not really, she's her own person all the way.

I do not know if you are in any chronic pain, though I would imagine it accompanies such trials as yours. I have been in chronic pain for thirty some years with no remedies other than grace and hope. Good days are really great days, and bad days are depresso-city. At times, I am useless to myself and others because I cannot mentally cope with anyone else. It stinks. That's only occaisional though, and medication does alot to help with the pain.

Take every ones' opinion here with a grain of gracing salt. There are so many differing views that it's more like reading a newspaper than a Board. But that's good. Input from left field is just as much needed as right field. So don't be bashful and jump right in when you have time.

fivesense

Im quite familiar with the Anne of Greene Gables movies I have seen all 3. Prince Edward Island is a great place to live and I love my school there. It does get chilly but I get used to it.

skywalker

Jun 13, 2010
welcome to the forums. I'm fairly new here myself.

I saw you had been to Poland...How'd you like it? Where in Poland did you visit?
Reason I ask, I am Polish, was born there and moved here to Canada when I was seven years old.

Enjoy your stay! God Bless!

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
Hey Everyone,

My name is Daniel

Thanks a Bunch

-Daniel

Welcome Brother Daniel to CB and I know all of your family in God here at CB joins me in prayer for you. Look forward to your participation here at CB. ove You in Jesus Name.

Incidental Light

Jun 30, 2010
Canada
welcome to the forums. I'm fairly new here myself.

I saw you had been to Poland...How'd you like it? Where in Poland did you visit?
Reason I ask, I am Polish, was born there and moved here to Canada when I was seven years old.

Enjoy your stay! God Bless!

I went to the Auschwitz Area and visited the concentration camp

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Hey Everyone,

Hello Daniel, I am new here too. I know a man with Aspergers Syndrome who is highly intelligent and extremely logical. These qualities seem to be part of the "symptoms" of Aspergers and seems to be why these people find it hard to get along with the general population and make friends. The reason is they find most other people boring, unintelligent and totally illogical. Is that the case with you ?
What are your favorite things to do in life? What do you think about the most and love doing the most?
How do you get along with your team members in your hockey team?
Do you have a favorite Photography subject?
Why did you decide to study Sociology?
What do you like the most about travelling?

When you say you have been falling away from God, what do you mean? Logically you can't fall away from God since God is everywhere all the time. To reject God is quite a different thing but it doesn't sound to me like you are planning on rejecting God.
I understand about being a shy person because I am also very shy in reality but I am very good at communicating via the written word. Possibly too good at it because most people don't like what I write. I tend to get far too personal for people who prefer to just be superficial.

Hang in there through all your chemo treatment.. Doctors today can do "miracles" Trials and tests come to all people in life in one way or another. Even Jesus went through trials and tests and felt like His own Father had forsaken Him on the cross, but feelings can be deceiving so always remember the Lord did promise to never leave you or forsake you. Life is what you make it. If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

sincerely Angel.

Bugeah

Jul 28, 2010
Welcome, Daniel! I am new here too. I am praying for you. I can only imagine what you must be going through. I hope that the Lord can restore you and heal you. I'm sure you will have the opportunity to make lots of friends here. I hope to make lots of friends here as well. I hope to see you around on the boards.