New Years Resolutions 2014?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Some of my work colleagues were talking about their new years resolutions last night, just before midnight. The older folks did not really have anything new to add to this year, that they are not doing already whereas the younger ones had resolved to be in a better position financially, to find lifelong partners and to settle down. Do you have any thoughts or direction for this year? :huh:

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
my wife and I started out yesterday for the long drive to new years eve service. As the church service is about a hundred miles from where we live.. it was a bit of concern . as our area of the country we don't see to many cars. but a bar in the area was doing a bunch of advertising
and the cars were on the road going to that one or some other one . we must have met twenty or thirty cars on the road last night before service and I sure am not use to the head lights in my eyes and it was dark. when we arrived at church we were surprised at all the people there.
we had a super nice service with all the people singing the old hymns
.Pastor and his wife sang the psalm .we even had some new people .any way after service the hundred miles back went a lot better.
we only met two or 3 cars on the road and got back way before people left the bars..

any way were going to give up worrying so much and do more praying instead .as Luther said if you pray why worry..

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just don't follow through with resolutions...so my wife and I are sitting down tonight after the little one goes to bed to come up with some goals. I sat down with my Pastor yesterday and we worked out some goals for our church to present to everyone.

Goals versus resolutions may be a semantical issue, but I need to come up with quantifiable targets. They tend to work better because I can measure them. It's the difference of saying "I'll read my Bible more" versus "I'll read the Bible everyday and not miss a day."

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My new year's resolution for 2014 is to move out of Ephesus. I mean this in a spiritual rather than a geographic sense. Here is the last message of Jesus to the Ephesians:

"I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil, but have tested those who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false. I know you are enduring patiently and bearing up for my name's sake, and you have not grown weary. But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent."
(Revelation 2:2-5 ESV)

I am guilty of the same fault the Ephesians had. I put a lot of effort into trying to carry out God's work but I don't spend enough time trying to actually know him better. I plan to try to correct this failure.

I suspect that if I succeed I will end up actually doing more for him than I do now.