New

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TakenBack

Jun 17, 2007
Greetings everyone! My name is Kaitlin. I'm never sure how to start these, so I suppose I'll give a little bit about myself and my personal testimony.
smile.gif
I am twenty years old, will be twenty-one in August. I was agnostic for most of my life, until around the time I turned 19 in 2005. When I graduated, I went through quite a bit of hardship with my mother. During that time I got very close to finding out what real poverty is like, having lived in various motels, driving from town to town and struggling to make ends meet. When we got back to Texas from Georgia after an unsuccessful move, we ultimately ended up losing the house we got after about a year and lived once more in a motel for about a month before finding the apartments we're in now. Throughout this series of unfortunate events, I happened across the books of Narnia. Up to that point I had avoided them like the plague, because at that time I had only bitterness for God and for my life. But I was out of books to read, and something about that rainy afternoon had me softened (I've always loved rain best) and so I took one or two back with me. Within about three months I ate up the rest of them, and felt for the first time God's love on my heart. I was moved by the Narnia books so powerfully as to be overwhelmed, a feeling that's brought me more than once to my knees in wonder since then. I bought my own first bible in November of 2005, read it within five months or so, and from then on have been studying here and there as I have found the time. Being new to Christ and not having a church to call my home, and through the difficulties I was going through, I did not spend much time around other Christians as I first started my faithwalk. It's only recently, now that my life has stabilized, that I've started to develop confidence enough to seek out other Christians, both to learn and to discuss, to rejoice. More and more the old things that kept me no longer hold fascination...the bible is my book of choice, and Christian music is beginning to be all that I listen to. I have the fever, so to speak, and I'm desperately hungry for more. So here I am! Still a babe in Christ, getting ready to start searching for the church that's right for me, and seeking friendship and fellowship.
smile.gif
Questions are welcome! Kaitlin

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to CB Kaitlin!CS Lewis is one very good writer - I say that as an English major. It's not often that I recommend anything outside of the Bible for people to read in terms of Christian literature, but I feel that Lewis really makes you think on some things that will ultimately send you back to the Word in one way or another.I was a big fan of Narnia in my younger days and I've begun to read through his more mature material such as The Screwtape Letters and Mere Christianity.We're not quite the normal Christian forum, but we're happy with that distinction. You'll find a lot of good people here with a passion for the Word. The zeal that you acquire really will eat up your life and thoughts - and that's a good thing.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Welcome to Christianity Board Kaitlin. Hope you enjoyed thy stay here and learn the Word of God. I'm not really a fan of Narnia...if we really think about it...There is some stuff that is Satanic (like witchcraft) and there is some almost biblical like a lion is a figure of Christ...(in the movie)(however it's not in reality) but I will say unto thee...we MUST be careful on what we think on things because some people likes to believe in false things that is against His Will...(which means believing what mankind says)Lovest thou in Christ Jesus (Yahshua) our Lord and Saviour.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Kaitlin!Glad to have you join us here at CB isnt it amazing how God finds us a our low points and picks us up. If you need any help or have any questions please contact me. You can send a Private message by clicking on my name. God Blesskriss

inhislove76

Jun 15, 2007
Welcome Kaitlin!!! What an awesome testimony. It is amazing how God, will allow us to get to rock bottom before he pulls us up. You have been specially picked for His Kingdom....it is awesome to have you!!!