No Formula Needed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tuesday 3-15-22 3rd. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, 11th. day Of Adar II, 5782 85th Winter Day

We are grateful for being back on line and with you all again, especially thankful for
Mayflower and Angelina in communication.

No Formula Needed
odb20220315.jpg

Read: Matthew 5:13–16 | Bible in a Year: Deuteronomy 26–27; Mark 14:27–53
Download MP3
Subscribe to iTunes

Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16

When Jen was young, her well-intentioned Sunday school teacher instructed the class in evangelism training, which included memorizing a series of verses and a formula for sharing the gospel. She and a friend nervously tried this out on another friend, fearful they’d forget an important verse or step. Jen doesn’t “remember if the evening ended in conversion [but guesses] it did not.” The approach seemed to be more about the formula than the person.

Now, years later, Jen and her husband are modeling for their own children a love for God and sharing their faith in a more inviting way. They understand the importance of teaching their children about God, the Bible, and a personal relationship with Jesus, but they’re doing so through a living, daily example of a love for God and the Scriptures.

They’re demonstrating what it means to be the “light of the world” (Matthew 5:14) and to reach out to others through kindness and hospitable words. Jen says, “We cannot impart words of life to others if we don’t possess them ourselves.” As she and her husband show kindness in their own lifestyle, they’re preparing their children “to invite others into their faith.”

We don’t need a formula to lead others to Jesus—what matters most is that a love for God compels and shines through us. As we live in and share His love, God draws others to know Him too.

How have you shared the good news with another? What was the result? What are some other ways you could share about Jesus?

Dear God, I want others to experience the loving relationship I have with You. Help me in my walk and talk to draw others to You.

INSIGHT
In the ancient world, with no refrigeration, salt’s most common use was to preserve food and keep it from spoiling. When Jesus said His followers were “the salt of the earth” (Matthew 5:13), He was calling them to stand as obstacles to the inevitable corruption in society.

Salt in Jesus’ day was often impure—coming from salt marshes where many impurities corrupted the important mineral. When those impurities dominated the salt used in preservation, the salt failed to do its job and the meat would spoil. Jesus’ challenge to His listeners was to avoid the very impurities they were tasked with preventing in the world around them.

Christ’s description of His faithful followers in the Sermon on the Mount challenges even believers today to live counter–culturally, staving off corruption in the world and living a life of purity and faith.

By Alyson Kieda|March 15th, 2022

Love, Walter and Debbie

Reactions: Lambano and amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Tuesday 3-15-22 3rd. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, 11th. day Of Adar II, 5782 85th Winter Day

We are grateful for being back on line and with you all again, especially thankful for

No Formula Needed
odb20220315.jpg

Download MP3
Subscribe to iTunes

Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16

When Jen was young, her well-intentioned Sunday school teacher instructed the class in evangelism training, which included memorizing a series of verses and a formula for sharing the gospel. She and a friend nervously tried this out on another friend, fearful they’d forget an important verse or step. Jen doesn’t “remember if the evening ended in conversion [but guesses] it did not.” The approach seemed to be more about the formula than the person.

Now, years later, Jen and her husband are modeling for their own children a love for God and sharing their faith in a more inviting way. They understand the importance of teaching their children about God, the Bible, and a personal relationship with Jesus, but they’re doing so through a living, daily example of a love for God and the Scriptures.

They’re demonstrating what it means to be the “light of the world” (Matthew 5:14) and to reach out to others through kindness and hospitable words. Jen says, “We cannot impart words of life to others if we don’t possess them ourselves.” As she and her husband show kindness in their own lifestyle, they’re preparing their children “to invite others into their faith.”

We don’t need a formula to lead others to Jesus—what matters most is that a love for God compels and shines through us. As we live in and share His love, God draws others to know Him too.

How have you shared the good news with another? What was the result? What are some other ways you could share about Jesus?

Dear God, I want others to experience the loving relationship I have with You. Help me in my walk and talk to draw others to You.

INSIGHT
In the ancient world, with no refrigeration, salt’s most common use was to preserve food and keep it from spoiling. When Jesus said His followers were “the salt of the earth” (Matthew 5:13), He was calling them to stand as obstacles to the inevitable corruption in society.

Salt in Jesus’ day was often impure—coming from salt marshes where many impurities corrupted the important mineral. When those impurities dominated the salt used in preservation, the salt failed to do its job and the meat would spoil. Jesus’ challenge to His listeners was to avoid the very impurities they were tasked with preventing in the world around them.

Christ’s description of His faithful followers in the Sermon on the Mount challenges even believers today to live counter–culturally, staving off corruption in the world and living a life of purity and faith.

Love, Walter and Debbie
Good indeed to wait upon the essential work of the Holy Spirit in bringing light and understanding and conversion! Romans 8 is full of Father, Son and Holy Spirit working together.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No Formula Needed
odb20220315.jpg

Download MP3
Subscribe to iTunes

INSIGHT

Love, Walter and Debbie
Hello Amadeus, I'm glad that you liked the post, and how are you all?

Love, Walter

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Amadeus, I'm glad that you liked the post, and how are you all?

Love, Walter
I read comparatively few posts on this forum anymore, but when I do read yours, I usually like them.

With our family's help we are preparing to move closer to them on April 1st so I've been busy packing things up. We have collected a few things over the years.

Stay close to God!

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read comparatively few posts on this forum anymore, but when I do read yours, I usually like them.

With our family's help we are preparing to move closer to them on April 1st so I've been busy packing things up. We have collected a few things over the years.

Stay close to God!
Thank you, We will keep you all in prayer.

Love, Walter

Reactions: amadeus