No Sabbath Commandment nor name of Jehovah after the cross.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two false teachings that are not even mentioned in Scripture, much less by the apostles in the doctrine of Christ: Sabbath commandment and christ-creating jehovah.

When challenged to find even the name of jehovah mentioned in Scripture after Jesus comes into the world, it is not found once.

The best the created christers can come up with, is their jehovah hidden in the word halleluiah, like some sort of deciphered code of Davinci.

When the sabbath commanders are likewise challenged to show one apostle commanding to keep a sabbath, the best they can come up with is some sort of duty to keep a sabbath day from Hebrews 4, where there remains a rest for the people of God.

The name Jehovah is written many times in Scripture of old, including hundreds of times as the LORD, but he only peeps out from halleluiah in Scripture of the apostles.

Likewise the Sabbath of the Lord is commanded a hundred times in Scriptures of the prophets, including reproofs for profaning the sabbath before the cross, but after the cross only squeaks out of having our rest in Christ.

God doesn't cease writing about His name and law plainly in Scripture, because He thinks we've heard enough about it, but only when it is changed by Him from one to another: Jehovah of old is Jesus the man and resurrected Savior, and sabbaths of old are no more commanded at all, nor reproved for not keeping them.

Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never heard that about the name "Jehovah", that interesting.

Personally though I believe a Sunday Sabbath is supported in the Bible looking at Matthew 28:1 in the Greek which is best translated as shown in many Interlinear Bibles and Young's Literal Translation Bible: "And on the eve of the sabbaths, at the dawn, toward the first of the sabbaths, came Mary the Magdalene, and the other Mary, to see the sepulchre" - Both Sabbaths are the same Greek word σαββάτων which is plural and should not be translated a singular "week" ( for example "week" in Luke 18:12 is the singular Greek word Sabbath, not plural).

Romans 14 teaches us not to judge others on whether someone esteems one day above another or every day alike but to follow what you are fully persuaded of in your own mind, and that "He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it". John in Revelation 1:10 stated he "was in the Spirit on the Lord's day" so he apparently regarded a day to the Lord, and personally I think it is probably better to regard a day unto the Lord than to not regard a day to the Lord.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two false teachings that are not even mentioned in Scripture, much less by the apostles in the doctrine of Christ: Sabbath commandment and christ-creating jehovah.

When challenged to find even the name of jehovah mentioned in Scripture after Jesus comes into the world, it is not found once.

The best the created christers can come up with, is their jehovah hidden in the word halleluiah, like some sort of deciphered code of Davinci.

When the sabbath commanders are likewise challenged to show one apostle commanding to keep a sabbath, the best they can come up with is some sort of duty to keep a sabbath day from Hebrews 4, where there remains a rest for the people of God.

The name Jehovah is written many times in Scripture of old, including hundreds of times as the LORD, but he only peeps out from halleluiah in Scripture of the apostles.

Likewise the Sabbath of the Lord is commanded a hundred times in Scriptures of the prophets, including reproofs for profaning the sabbath before the cross, but after the cross only squeaks out of having our rest in Christ.

God doesn't cease writing about His name and law plainly in Scripture, because He thinks we've heard enough about it, but only when it is changed by Him from one to another: Jehovah of old is Jesus the man and resurrected Savior, and sabbaths of old are no more commanded at all, nor reproved for not keeping them.

The removal of God's name by babylonian translators is one of the greatest deceptions satan has been able to pull off sir. But fact is Jesus made God's name known Jn 17:26; He still has a people for His name Acts 15:14; and calling on His name is still a requirement for salvation Rom 10:13. But thankfully He has witnesses, disciples of Jesus Christ that make His name known to the ends of the earth sir v14,15; Mat 28:20. No one has a close friend that does not know their name, and those who do not know God will be destroyed at the return of Jesus 2 Thes 1:8,9

Jehovah personally selected His name and stated quite frankly that would be His name forever Ex 3:15 Believe it or not. Best follow Jesus admonition found at Mat 4:10 sir which reads:
(Matthew 4:10) . . .Jesus said . . . it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The Sabbath is referred to throughout the New Testament by what it doesn't say about it. The New Testament believers did not need instruction about the sabbath because they were Jews and knew all about the sabbath. They did not stop being Jews when they were born again which the scriptures make very clear. Although they met from house to house for fellowship, teaching prayer, and meals they still attended the synagogue as Jews. We know of their adherence to their Jewish origins because the Jerusalem church insisted on the Gentile church being circumcised.

As there was no teaching of any kind that they had to stop meeting on the sabbath it would not be logical for them to start meeting on Sunday, particularly as everyone worked on Sunday.

Last edited:

Angel Faith

Nov 17, 2022
Left Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God created the Sabbath for us. Not us for the Sabbath. We don't need be commanded to rest on his gift of Christ's Gospel.

Jehovah is all throughout the New Testament. He's there as Jesus the Christ.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

HalleluJah is a Hebrew word Robert. In English it is rendered Praise Jah. Jah is the shortened name of God similar to you being called Rob. Ps 68:4 Interestingly all translations that tried to exclude Gods' name from their versions have been unable to do that, do you find that interesting as well sir? I believe there isn't a version that has been able to remove it completely, are you aware of any Robert?

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HalleluJah is a Hebrew word Robert. In English it is rendered Praise Jah. Jah is the shortened name of God similar to you being called Rob. Ps 68:4 Interestingly all translations that tried to exclude Gods' name from their versions have been unable to do that, do you find that interesting as well sir? I believe there isn't a version that has been able to remove it completely, are you aware of any Robert?
Are YOU aware of that as well? I gather not. When Jesus began His ministry we read in John 1:33-34:
33) And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
34) And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.
And,
Matthew 17:5:
"While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him."
(Underlined words are for emphasis.)

Note the command issued by Jehovah is to listen to His Son. Why then should we not obey this command? Rightly so the name Jehovah is omitted in the New Testament and in replacement, the word "Father." Jehovah was never out of the picture in the New Testament.

To God Be The Glory

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are YOU aware of that as well? I gather not. When Jesus began His ministry we read in John 1:33-34:
33) And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
34) And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.
And,
Matthew 17:5:
"While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him."
(Underlined words are for emphasis.)

Note the command issued by Jehovah is to listen to His Son. Why then should we not obey this command? Rightly so the name Jehovah is omitted in the New Testament and in replacement, the word "Father." Jehovah was never out of the picture in the New Testament.

To God Be The Glory
Obviously Jehovah's name was not omitted in the Greek passages Jun. That is merely an opinion. How does one explain Rom 10:13-15? I agree we should not only listen to Jesus but obey him as well. Can you relate to me what he said at Mat 4:10, and do you obey that sir?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A call to praise, is not naming the Lord returning to earth with judgment.

Thousands of times in the OT, the LORD calls Himself Yehovah. Not once in the NT.

Your jehovah is a false god, and your created god-christ is equally false.

You're a modern day pagan under the guise of Christianity.

I'm sure you're a fine neighbor just as are many pagans, wickens, new agers, etc...
I guess you weren't aware of any either sir. I would be interested if any was able to omit it completely if anyone knows of any that does not contain God's name at all.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Actually Jerome who translated the originals to Latin told the Pope Gods name belonged in the NT. I dont know if it was allowed in the Vulgate or not. But nearly 200 spots the OT is quoted in the NT where the name is in the OT, those are the spots Jerome was speaking about. So it does belong in the NT. The NWT is correct putting Gods name in those spots.
Does one actually think that since God himself inspired his name in nearly 7000 places, he wanted men to remove it= No not ever. Only the wicked fear using the name in vain. Only the wicked keep it out where it belongs out of that fear.