Nobody Wants To Talk About THIS!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Radio Waves

Oct 1, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, guess what? Me, you, all your friends and everyone you know and don't know are on their way to their LAST HEARTBEAT. What advance planning have you done? I don't mean financial, I'm writing about some of the aspects of YOUR funeral which are over looked and most of which are done the same old way. Have you ever written out your testimony of how you became a Christian? Why not do it and make sure your pastor gets it to help him during the service, if you have one. Here's a biggie...do you ever read obituaries? Did you ever notice how they are just about all the same except for the names? Why not write out YOUR OWN obituary in advance? No, this is not meant as a joke! You can add any special descriptors of special friends, your pastor, your church, your accomplishments. You can skip the old worn out phraseology such as "died peacefully surrounded by family and friends". Who doesn't die peacefully? Somehow I doubt death occurs only when the room is crowded! "Loved life"? Who doesn't? Here's one for the ages, "died unexpectedly at the age of 95". There has been a trend in recent years to have a slide show running at the visitation. Why not put that together in-advance so you can include the pictures YOU WANT and so that nobody needs to scramble to put one together? How about this: Your pastor will conduct a service. Why not pre-record a video of yourself giving your testimony and any words of wisdom, affirmation and encouragement? Your pastor can include that tastefully in the service. Well, I can just hear the objections now. "You're morbid". "This is ridiculous". "What a bunch of -----". I can tell you from much experience, there are many seeds planted at funeral services and viewings. Your friends, family, co-workers are fertile ground for those seeds. They may not suddenly became a Christian on the spot, but I'll guarantee you, hearing you and seeing you via video BEFORE your last heartbeat will make one huge impression for years to come and at just the right time, those seeds you implanted will spout!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mother-in-law had written out all the things she wanted in her funeral, it was a true blessing to know what she wanted! Songs, Scriptures, yes, I think this is a great idea!

Much love!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps planning for our future makes more sense. If my future is assured, then my witness will have more meaning to those who come to ensure that I am really physically dead. In death they will see the peace that I had obtained in my life and maybe they will want a slice of that same peace.

Reactions: Wynona

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Here in Britain standard funeral costs are sky-high, so I've told my relatives I want a simple cheap cremation that some funeral services are offering, they simply collect the body and run it to the crematorium then scatter the ashes in the crematorium glade.
The relatives don't have to do a thing, they just stay home throughout the whole process.
However my relatives are dead (pun intended) against it and want to give me a "proper" oldfashioned funeral and cremation with a vicar reading the service despite what it'll cost.

PS- if they ask me beforehand what song I'd like played at my funeral I think it'd be this one which reflects my stubborn character..:)-

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why worry over the morrow , just preach JESUS TODAY while there still be time to do so .
They are not mutually exclusive. When someone dies there are certain practices and procedures that must occur. It is reasonable and considerate to make preparations before you die and not burden others, particularly loved ones, with a) guessing what you would want and b) having to make those preparations and decisions while grieving.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are not mutually exclusive. When someone dies there are certain practices and procedures that must occur. It is reasonable and considerate to make preparations before you die and not burden others, particularly loved ones, with a) guessing what you would want and b) having to make those preparations and decisions while grieving.
Well , if i die before the Coming of CHRIST , you can bury me in my backyard for all i care . Just KNOW
that i am in a far better place . AND tell that to the souls that MIGHT show up to my funeral .
Make sure THEY hear about JESUS . That would be my last wish . JUST make sure someone
talks about JESUS at my funeral and let them know HE ALONE is the only NAME whereby they may be saved .
Ps dont spend no money on funeral , just bury me in the backyard , or perhaps throw me in a bag into the ocean .
Save the money and give it to the poor and remember , POINT TO JESUS .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also if i do go before the COMING of CHRIST , please let the peoples take care of my dear sister in the UK would also be my wish .
Our bibles reads have always been joyous and a comfort to my heart . But this i would also like to add ,
THE COMING OF THE GLORIOUS KING draws ever nigh . What a day of rejoicing for the lambs that will truly be .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the song I've asked my wife to play should I precede her,

Much love!
Would you like to hear a nice reminder . HE who believes in ME shall never die . WE GO HOME MY FRIEND . WE GO HOME .
to a HOME we never earned nor deserved , BUT PRAISE GOD for the mercy of HIS grace given us in JESUS CHRIST .
OH here is another nice reminder , THE COMING OF THE KING DRAWS EVER NIGH . Let all praise the LORD .

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For saved Christians there is no fear in an eternal death. But there does need to be an understanding we shall all come before the judgement seat of Christ.

1 John 2:28

The Children of God​

And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.
29 If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.

Jesus told the disciples, He goes to prepare a place for us. that where He is we may be also.

2 Corinthians 5​

New King James Version​

Assurance of the Resurrection​

1 For we know that if our earthly [a]house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our [b]habitation which is from heaven, 3 if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked. 4 For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life. 5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as [c]a guarantee.
6 So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. 7 For we walk by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

The Judgment Seat of Christ​

9 Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For saved Christians there is no fear in an eternal death. But there does need to be an understanding we shall all come before the judgement seat of Christ.

1 John 2:28

The Children of God​

And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.
29 If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.

Jesus told the disciples, He goes to prepare a place for us. that where He is we may be also.

2 Corinthians 5​

New King James Version​

Assurance of the Resurrection​

1 For we know that if our earthly [a]house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our [b]habitation which is from heaven, 3 if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked. 4 For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life. 5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as [c]a guarantee.
6 So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. 7 For we walk by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

The Judgment Seat of Christ​

9 Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.
The lambs have Christ JESUS . HE is our hope and our salvation . Now let all that has breath praise the glorious Lord .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No funeral for me. Cast my ashes on the wind before my woods and at the beach toward the ocean.
That's it.