Now kill all the boys

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Israelites took vengeance on the Midianites in Num 31:

15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.
Killing women and boys offends our modern moral sensibilities. Back in the time of Moses, it was not an uncommon practice. When the boys grew up, they might want to seek revenge against the Israelites for killing their fathers. Killing them would eliminate this potential threat.

The Midian women were idol worshippers. They led some Israelite men to worship idols. Killing them would eliminate this possibility.

Moses was responsible for ensuring the nation's spiritual purity and integrity.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it would of been more beneficial to convert them.
Jesus says he didn't come to condemn but to save.
Why is the God in the OT depicted more unforgiving and unmerciful than the one we see in the NT?
Is it because we are looking through the eyes of Moses?

Just thinking..
hugs

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Israelites took vengeance on the Midianites in Num 31:

Killing women and boys offends our modern moral sensibilities. Back in the time of Moses, it was not an uncommon practice. When the boys grew up, they might want to seek revenge against the Israelites for killing their fathers. Killing them would eliminate this potential threat.

The Midian women were idol worshippers. They led some Israelite men to worship idols. Killing them would eliminate this possibility.

Moses was responsible for ensuring the nation's spiritual purity and integrity.

There are two sides to that Mosaic Law and the command to kill all that breaths is one of the Mosaic Laws.

If you do not kill all that breaths you are in violation of that Mosaic Law and Yahweh said. If you do not do what I told you to do, I will do to you what I planned to do to them.

Deuteronomy 20:13-16
13 When the Lord your God gives it into your hand, you shall strike all the
men in it with the edge of the sword. 14 Only the women and the children and the animals and all that is in the city, all its spoil, you shall take as booty for yourself; and you shall use the spoil of your enemies which the Lord your God has given you. 15 Thus you shall do to all the cities that are very far from you, which are not of the cities of these nations nearby. 16 Only in the cities of these peoples that the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, you shall not leave alive anything that breathes.

Number 33:55-56
55 “‘But if you do not drive out the inhabitants of the land, those you allow to remain will become barbs in your eyes and thorns in your sides. They will give you trouble in the land where you will live. 56 And then I will do to you what I plan to do to them.’”

Today Israel is violating that Law and it is the only thing that Muslims will understand….They will continue terrorism and we will continue our weak response for eternity. Need to kill every living thing in Iran….Iran has had enough chances….And give all the other Muslims countries ultimatums or they are next.
Give evil no tolerance, no mercy, and no quarter.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Iran at one time was a democratic country I believe.
It wasn't until the US and UN and UK decided we wanted a new leader to run it, when it became authoritarian.

Jesus said if you go into a city and they don't recieve you, kill them all.
Nope, he said brush the sand off your feet and keep moving.

So in the verses above I see coveting your neighbors land and whatever goods they have. I see Stealing. I see killing.
I see vengence is mine saith man, I will be justified in whatever I do.

It doesn't make sense to me.

If you read the book of Jasher, you will find that Moses was a military man of war. He also was a murderer who tried to bury his sin in the sand.
I believe the Bible shows us two different perspectives of Night and Day. The OT being the night and the NT as being the day.
I'm not sure if Israel wasn't following their own wants and desires and saying God said.
Ye have heard it said of old time.... but I say...

Maybe Moses didn't understand the message.

Hugs

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Iran at one time was a democratic country I believe.
It wasn't until the US and UN and UK decided we wanted a new leader to run it, when it became authoritarian.

Jesus said if you go into a city and they don't recieve you, kill them all.
Nope, he said brush the sand off your feet and keep moving.

So in the verses above I see coveting your neighbors land and whatever goods they have. I see Stealing. I see killing.
I see vengence is mine saith man, I will be justified in whatever I do.

It doesn't make sense to me.

If you read the book of Jasher, you will find that Moses was a military man of war. He also was a murderer who tried to bury his sin in the sand.
I believe the Bible shows us two different perspectives of Night and Day. The OT being the night and the NT as being the day.
I'm not sure if Israel wasn't following their own wants and desires and saying God said.
Ye have heard it said of old time.... but I say...

Maybe Moses didn't understand the message.

Hugs

LOL
There is a big difference between the Mosaic Law and Christ’s teachings…..if they nuked us we would turn the other cheek. AHHH!

If they killed one of your loved ones, you would offer them another.

Not I!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I understand it, in the OT, a lot of nations occupied the land of Caanan. And God promised Israel they could have the land not because of their righteousness but because of the wickedness of those nations.
Like the change from Judaism to Christianity. One kingdom declines while another rises. And when the one rising doesn't give God the glory, like Babylon and Nebuchadnezzar, if they don't repent they eventually lose it to another.

Like waves on the ocean. One tide comes in and another goes out.
So who is more evil today?
What country or nation gives God the glory?
Aren't we all guilty?

I believe the whole world system has to fall. Every nation, every kingdom because none are worthy.
And today we seek a spiritual kingdom and not a carnal one that will eventually dissolve with the elements. Be it a cosmic ray of the sun, and asteroid, or an earthquake that splits the earth wide open. Eventually the carnal material world will die and need to be reborn.
So we're witnessing the final hours of this world dying.
And we're all going to die. It's how you go on your way out that matters.
If everyone exacts retribution for every wrong that every one does, then no flesh will survive anyways.
We will just end up killing ourselves. It's inevitable.
The only change that has any chance of winning is that change of heart.
Love your neighbor. But we see that's not happening so....

Maybe God sending a flood in the days of Noah was actually an act of mercy in the long run.
Less torturous and quick death.
Kind of like President Xi and his policy for drug dealers. Quick trial, quick death.

These last 4 months my dad's been in and out of the hospital and rehab. And it seems everywhere I went I had to FIGHT with the nurses and doctors to actually do their jobs. My patience was thin. And every day I ask the Lord, give me patience, and each day it got shorter and shorter. I threatened to sue the doctor for negligence and malpractice because they wasn't hydrating dad enough. They wasn't tending his wounds, they were getting worse. He had bed sores from neglect of turning and treatment. I was IRRITATED to say the least.

Dad came home Monday. I took him out of rehab and I'm mending him myself in the comfort of his own home.
The Lord is working with me, sending me people to help me take care of dad through a home hospice service.
If I had chosen retribution rather than "turning the other cheek" , I may be in prison now and dad put in some nursing home somewhere at the mercy of the system.

I hear what your saying, but sometimes you have to be "patient" and let the Lord work it out.

It's his plan. He knows what he's doing.
All we need to do is trust him.

Hugs

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it would of been more beneficial to convert them.

There was no conversion going on back then. God made it a point to make a distinction between His people and the surrounding pagan nations. An Isrelite living back then would never try to convert a gentile because Yahweh was for Israel alone.

It was always the surrounding nations that were leading Israel astray, which is why God told Israel to destroy them. He was trying to protect them because if they didn't, God would turn against them, which is what eventually happened. Israel never completely destroyed the surrounding nations, and they were a constant thorn in their side. That is what the Book of Judges is all about. The surrounding nations would oppress Israel, and God had to keep sending them judges, really military leaders, to deliver them.

Why is the God in the OT depicted more unforgiving and unmerciful than the one we see in the NT?

Because that was before the cross. After the cross, Jesus became a mediator between us and God, advocating on our behalf. We now live in an age of grace.

Reactions: marks

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I understand it, in the OT, a lot of nations occupied the land of Caanan. And God promised Israel they could have the land not because of their righteousness but because of the wickedness of those nations.
Like the change from Judaism to Christianity. One kingdom declines while another rises. And when the one rising doesn't give God the glory, like Babylon and Nebuchadnezzar, if they don't repent they eventually lose it to another.

Like waves on the ocean. One tide comes in and another goes out.
So who is more evil today?
What country or nation gives God the glory?
Aren't we all guilty?

I believe the whole world system has to fall. Every nation, every kingdom because none are worthy.
And today we seek a spiritual kingdom and not a carnal one that will eventually dissolve with the elements. Be it a cosmic ray of the sun, and asteroid, or an earthquake that splits the earth wide open. Eventually the carnal material world will die and need to be reborn.
So we're witnessing the final hours of this world dying.
And we're all going to die. It's how you go on your way out that matters.
If everyone exacts retribution for every wrong that every one does, then no flesh will survive anyways.
We will just end up killing ourselves. It's inevitable.
The only change that has any chance of winning is that change of heart.
Love your neighbor. But we see that's not happening so....

Maybe God sending a flood in the days of Noah was actually an act of mercy in the long run.
Less torturous and quick death.
Kind of like President Xi and his policy for drug dealers. Quick trial, quick death.

These last 4 months my dad's been in and out of the hospital and rehab. And it seems everywhere I went I had to FIGHT with the nurses and doctors to actually do their jobs. My patience was thin. And every day I ask the Lord, give me patience, and each day it got shorter and shorter. I threatened to sue the doctor for negligence and malpractice because they wasn't hydrating dad enough. They wasn't tending his wounds, they were getting worse. He had bed sores from neglect of turning and treatment. I was IRRITATED to say the least.

Dad came home Monday. I took him out of rehab and I'm mending him myself in the comfort of his own home.
The Lord is working with me, sending me people to help me take care of dad through a home hospice service.
If I had chosen retribution rather than "turning the other cheek" , I may be in prison now and dad put in some nursing home somewhere at the mercy of the system.

I hear what your saying, but sometimes you have to be "patient" and let the Lord work it out.

It's his plan. He knows what he's doing.
All we need to do is trust him.

Hugs

You are right….evil then and evil today.

But actually the promise land was a plan and covenant with Abraham.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My kingdom is not of this earth...

Abraham was promised the promised land. I believe that that's not a physical place on earth but a spiritual place in the heart or heaven however you want to interpret that.
The whole world was given to Adam to rule and have dominion over.
But the Kingdom of God belongs to Him, and we enter in there.

So I'm not sure what the benefit is of fighting over dirt.

Just sayin..
Hugs

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My kingdom is not of this earth...

Abraham was promised the promised land. I believe that that's not a physical place on earth but a spiritual place in the heart or heaven however you want to interpret that.
The whole world was given to Adam to rule and have dominion over.
But the Kingdom of God belongs to Him, and we enter in there.

So I'm not sure what the benefit is of fighting over dirt.

Just sayin..
Hugs

Well ya know you can put a spiritual spin on anything.
But if you read the storyline in the Old Testament it says nothing about the land of Shangri-La.

God was talking about killing all that breathed and taking a physical land. The word spiritual does not appear there and there is a reason for that.

And I will defend the dirt in America and Israel. I am happy to say I stood between Israel and her enemies and I would gladly do it again.

Reactions: Ziggy

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NEVER presume to judge God by pitiful human standards. In fact, never presume to judge God, period.
Ever.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well ya know you can put a spiritual spin on anything.
But if you read the storyline in the Old Testament it says nothing about the land of Shangri-La.

God was talking about killing all that breathed and taking a physical land. The word spiritual does not appear there and there is a reason for that.

And I will defend the dirt in America and Israel. I am happy to say I stood between Israel and her enemies and I would gladly do it again.
I'm not judging, don't be offended.
Maybe it's because I'm a woman.. yes I know what I am :D
And I have that maternal nurturing instinct and have trouble killing bugs. I rather catch and release but understand that sometimes you have to take out the hornets nest or they will attack you.
I think the world is still operating on an eye for an eye system. And it will probably be that way till the end of time, because there is always the criminal that will not repent and go on committing heneious crimes.
That why we have laws and once upon a time justice.

There comes a time for war and a time for peace just like the Preacher said.
I prefer peace as I believe we all do, and I also believe in capital punishment. That the punishment should fit the crime. Thus we have eye for an eye. Perhaps there is no escaping it.

But internally, in the heart, we should strive for peace. And I believe we do. We're not the ones instigating the problems but trying to solve them through peaceful means.
But when peaceful measures can not be achieved then what is the alternative?

Let them feed you to the lions, let them hang you from a tree?
When it comes to ones faith we aught to defend that to the death. But when it is criminal activity, not just false accusation, then measures must be taken or lawlessness will grow.

Watching the hearing today with Mayorkas still denying that the policies that were removed are not causing harm to our country.
Shaking my head. And we have laws on the books how to prevent the crime and the drugs but are willfully being neglected.
To what end? So one party can control the country? But if we are all on the defense against criminals coming into the country killing and raping our people, should we just stand by and do nothing? Even justice has taken a back seat.
So in order to fix the situation people will have to become vigilantes and control the situation themselves before we all get attacked.
And that's exactly what they want. They want you to fight back so they can accuse you and put you in jail or terminate you for what they say is injustice, even when it comes to defending yourself and your family, your God and your country.

I guess I just wish the world was a better place, but it is what it is, and if we don't stand for justice and law, then the only alternative is lawlessness, which is why God had Israel terminate those that performed it.

And for the record, I want to thank all those who are and have put their own lives on the line for the protection of their country and their fellow man. Every country needs fences or borders to protect those who live within them. Even Abraham went to war to save Lot.
Heb 7:1
For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;

Abraham didn't provoke the war, he joined it to defend his family.

What I see today is a whole lot of provoking and those who are defending are sent into the battle by the provokers.
How can you say out one side of your mouth, our borders are open come in and do your thing, and out the other, your an illegal and need to be removed?
It's not fair and it's not right. And justice can't be found when one is playing both sides of the battle.
Funding both sides of a war has become the new norm.
There won't be peace until the war mongerers are removed, who live off the profit of innocent blood.

And they don't see a need of repentance all they see is profit and greed.
And you can't convert the unconvertable.

I get it.
But it will eventually end in the destruction of all. Because the spirit of war is addictive. And it's rampant in the world today.
And those who choose peace are ignored or ridiculed and forced into situations they rather not be a partaker of.

In Revelation it says God prepares a place in the wilderness for the woman to escape from the dragon.
I believe this is a spiritual refuge. A place when even though the world is at war with itself, we can still find an inner peace and a sanctuary for the peacemakers. It's called faith, and even if the world is burning all around us, we know that God is on the side of justice.

We send billions of dollars to Iran. Iran funds Hezbollah and Hamas. They attack Israel.
We send billions of dollars to Israel to defend against those we are funding to attack them.

We are the problem.
How do we fix that?

Hugs
Thank you for your service
sincerely
Hugs

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not judging, don't be offended.
Maybe it's because I'm a woman.. yes I know what I am :D
And I have that maternal nurturing instinct and have trouble killing bugs. I rather catch and release but understand that sometimes you have to take out the hornets nest or they will attack you.
I think the world is still operating on an eye for an eye system. And it will probably be that way till the end of time, because there is always the criminal that will not repent and go on committing heneious crimes.
That why we have laws and once upon a time justice.

There comes a time for war and a time for peace just like the Preacher said.
I prefer peace as I believe we all do, and I also believe in capital punishment. That the punishment should fit the crime. Thus we have eye for an eye. Perhaps there is no escaping it.

But internally, in the heart, we should strive for peace. And I believe we do. We're not the ones instigating the problems but trying to solve them through peaceful means.
But when peaceful measures can not be achieved then what is the alternative?

Let them feed you to the lions, let them hang you from a tree?
When it comes to ones faith we aught to defend that to the death. But when it is criminal activity, not just false accusation, then measures must be taken or lawlessness will grow.

Watching the hearing today with Mayorkas still denying that the policies that were removed are not causing harm to our country.
Shaking my head. And we have laws on the books how to prevent the crime and the drugs but are willfully being neglected.
To what end? So one party can control the country? But if we are all on the defense against criminals coming into the country killing and raping our people, should we just stand by and do nothing? Even justice has taken a back seat.
So in order to fix the situation people will have to become vigilantes and control the situation themselves before we all get attacked.
And that's exactly what they want. They want you to fight back so they can accuse you and put you in jail or terminate you for what they say is injustice, even when it comes to defending yourself and your family, your God and your country.

I guess I just wish the world was a better place, but it is what it is, and if we don't stand for justice and law, then the only alternative is lawlessness, which is why God had Israel terminate those that performed it.

And for the record, I want to thank all those who are and have put their own lives on the line for the protection of their country and their fellow man. Every country needs fences or borders to protect those who live within them. Even Abraham went to war to save Lot.
Heb 7:1
For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;

Abraham didn't provoke the war, he joined it to defend his family.

What I see today is a whole lot of provoking and those who are defending are sent into the battle by the provokers.
How can you say out one side of your mouth, our borders are open come in and do your thing, and out the other, your an illegal and need to be removed?
It's not fair and it's not right. And justice can't be found when one is playing both sides of the battle.
Funding both sides of a war has become the new norm.
There won't be peace until the war mongerers are removed, who live off the profit of innocent blood.

And they don't see a need of repentance all they see is profit and greed.
And you can't convert the unconvertable.

I get it.
But it will eventually end in the destruction of all. Because the spirit of war is addictive. And it's rampant in the world today.
And those who choose peace are ignored or ridiculed and forced into situations they rather not be a partaker of.

In Revelation it says God prepares a place in the wilderness for the woman to escape from the dragon.
I believe this is a spiritual refuge. A place when even though the world is at war with itself, we can still find an inner peace and a sanctuary for the peacemakers. It's called faith, and even if the world is burning all around us, we know that God is on the side of justice.

We send billions of dollars to Iran. Iran funds Hezbollah and Hamas. They attack Israel.
We send billions of dollars to Israel to defend against those we are funding to attack them.

We are the problem.
How do we fix that?

Hugs
Thank you for your service
sincerely
Hugs

Ziggy I like you but that may not be a complement. I am obviously attracted to crazy girls….LOL.

But I agree with much of what you are saying. When dealing with any issue that involves criminals and violence the best way to deal with it is in a non- violent matter. With illegal aliens, you build a wall and catch the ones you can and walk them back over the boarder. There is no perfect solutions.

Criminals….long prison sentences and they are loose with other criminals, if they do not like laws let them live without laws.….If they like that let them live with it. An Island is the best prison and air drop supplies. Catch the ones that try to escape…There is no perfect solution

Your position on non-violence on one hand I consider naïve….and on the other hand you are the best that Christ has to offer. But are you committed to die with the sheep or are you hiding behind people that will fight evil. I have said this so many times….People criticize the police and military but they do not offer themselves up to the wolves of the world. The sheep can criticize the shepherd for being to hard on the wolves, but without them they would be wolf poop.

Wiser to admit it is not in you to fight and appreciate those that fight to protect you. Not everyone is a fighter. A funny story, I had a woman come to me and said she wanted something for protection. She had a neighbor that was abusing her in an apartment complex…She could lock the door and he would figure out away to get in. He would “gently” rape her because she would not resist. He would steal her money. She would not call the police because she thought police were violent. I asked her, Do you want a weapon? She said She did not want to hurt him. I said what if he kills you? She said, She would rather die than hurt or kill someone. Of course I am thinking she was crazy, but I asked her, What do you want me to do? She said, Listen. So I said, That is not protection. And she started to cry and said, I don’t know what protection is. I said, I do.

With what you said, I cannot offer you any advice….just let those that will fight for what is right…..fight.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exo 19:4
Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.

Rev 12:6
And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
Rev 12:14
And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Just for reference to the comment I made above.

And I found this interesting:
Concerning Paul:
Act 21:38
Art not thou that Egyptian, which before these days madest an uproar, and leddest out into the wilderness four thousand men that were murderers?

Moses was considered an Egyptian by the Midianite women at the well.

Exo 2:16
Now the priest of Midian had seven daughters: and they came and drew water, and filled the troughs to water their father's flock.
Exo 2:17
And the shepherds came and drove them away: but Moses stood up and helped them, and watered their flock.
Exo 2:18
And when they came to Reuel their father, he said, How is it that ye are come so soon to day?
Exo 2:19
And they said, An Egyptian delivered us out of the hand of the shepherds, and also drew water enough for us, and watered the flock.
Exo 2:20
And he said unto his daughters, And where is he? why is it that ye have left the man? call him, that he may eat bread.

And yet we know Moses and Paul were both Hebrew.

Exo 2:11
And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brethren.

Phl 3:5
Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

Moses committed murder in defence of his brethren. Paul committed murder slaughtering christians in the name of God.
Both men were aquitted of their actions for God's purpose.

Now if those christians or those hebrews had taken justice into their own hands and got retribution on Moses or Paul, in self defence,
or even for the law sake of thou shalt not kill, then where would the church be today?

How can we justify murdering the murderers when we can't see the greater plan?

Why didn't Adam kill the serpent in the garden after it had decieved his wife.
Why allow the poison to survive?

After 2000 years of christianity and knowing the difference between good and evil, why is evil allowed to survive?
Why can't it be defeated. Because man is himself a snake. And no man can be divided against himself and live.
Neither can a country. Or a religion. Or a society.
But the stronger the snake becomes the more it bites the innocent and poisons their minds to become like themselves.
And it spreads like a plague on the earth.

Only those who look to the serpent on the pole or Christ on the cross can escape.

Only by faith.

Is that why there is war? To bring man to faith?
almost 1 am, been a LONG day.
rambling.. and thinking
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ziggy I like you but that may not be a complement. I am obviously attracted to crazy girls….LOL.

But I agree with much of what you are saying. When dealing with any issue that involves criminals and violence the best way to deal with it is in a non- violent matter. With illegal aliens, you build a wall and catch the ones you can and walk them back over the boarder. There is no perfect solutions.

Criminals….long prison sentences and they are loose with other criminals, if they do not like laws let them live without laws.….If they like that let them live with it. An Island is the best prison and air drop supplies. Catch the ones that try to escape…There is no perfect solution

Your position on non-violence on one hand I consider naïve….and on the other hand you are the best that Christ has to offer. But are you committed to die with the sheep or are you hiding behind people that will fight evil. I have said this so many times….People criticize the police and military but they do not offer themselves up to the wolves of the world. The sheep can criticize the shepherd for being to hard on the wolves, but without them they would be wolf poop.

Wiser to admit it is not in you to fight and appreciate those that fight to protect you. Not everyone is a fighter. A funny story, I had a woman come to me and said she wanted something for protection. She had a neighbor that was abusing her in an apartment complex…She could lock the door and he would figure out away to get in. He would “gently” rape her because she would not resist. He would steal her money. She would not call the police because she thought police were violent. I asked her, Do you want a weapon? She said She did not want to hurt him. I said what if he kills you? She said, She would rather die than hurt or kill someone. Of course I am thinking she was crazy, but I asked her, What do you want me to do? She said, Listen. So I said, That is not protection. And she started to cry and said, I don’t know what protection is. I said, I do.

With what you said, I cannot offer you any advice….just let those that will fight for what is right…..fight.
When I was in the second grade there was a girl that was getting bullied at school. I went to the teacher to plead her cause because she was too afraid to speak for herself.
The teacher just brushed it off and did nothing about it.
At lunch time she was getting picked on again and said she wanted to go home but was afraid to go alone.
So we both snuck out the bathroom door and I walked her home and then went home myself.
When I got home the school had called my mother to tell her I had left the school.
Of course I was punished even though I felt I was justified for sticking up for my friend.

Another time when I was around 11, a friend of mine had an abusive mother and said she wanted to run away from home.
So I went with her. We were going from friends house to house for about 2 weeks before we decided to go home.
I had called my mom to tell her the situation and not to worry that I would be home as soon as she felt safe enough to go home.
I can't imagine what my mom was thinking. But when I did get home she was very glad to see me.

So I fight, but not in the military way. Mine is more protective of the underdog. Not wanting them to face the elements of the world alone.
Even if it means I will have to be punished for my actions.
Even now my dad is facing physical health issues. I could put him in a nursing home and let others deal with the challenges he is facing.
I never really knew my dad, he was working all the time growing up, and we didn't always see eye to eye.
And for 20 years there was no communication between us. But when a storm came and washed away all I had, he took me in and gave me a roof over my head. And now he needs me. And just like 2nd grade or being 11, I can't let hime face this alone.

And it's challenging, and I'm tired, and I have doubts if I can see this through. But I'm not going to give up and throw in the towel because it's uncomfortable. This health issue is the war that I'm facing. And the only weapons I have is my faith in God.
Because you can't put your faith in the medical industry, their just in it for the money.

You can't put your faith in the teacher or the abusive mom. All you can do is have faith that God will get you through to the other side, no matter the battle.

I don't own a weapon. And yet I live in the woods with large animals that at some point could attack and mangle and kill.
And even if I had a weapon I don't know if I could kill an animal.
Unless it was attacking someone else...
I honestly don't know. I've never been in that situation.

When I was 14 years old I was visiting a friend on the wrong side of town. And along the way a man approached me and held a knife to my back and raped me. I asked him not to kill me and he didn't. If I had had a weapon maybe things would of turned out differently.
I don't know, but I've survived 2 rapes in my life and each time believe it or not, I been blessed.

All I have is my own experences in this life and how I reacted at the time. Under different circumstances I guess I would find out when the time came.

I feel old, lol
Hugs

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was in the second grade there was a girl that was getting bullied at school. I went to the teacher to plead her cause because she was too afraid to speak for herself.
The teacher just brushed it off and did nothing about it.
At lunch time she was getting picked on again and said she wanted to go home but was afraid to go alone.
So we both snuck out the bathroom door and I walked her home and then went home myself.
When I got home the school had called my mother to tell her I had left the school.
Of course I was punished even though I felt I was justified for sticking up for my friend.

Another time when I was around 11, a friend of mine had an abusive mother and said she wanted to run away from home.
So I went with her. We were going from friends house to house for about 2 weeks before we decided to go home.
I had called my mom to tell her the situation and not to worry that I would be home as soon as she felt safe enough to go home.
I can't imagine what my mom was thinking. But when I did get home she was very glad to see me.

So I fight, but not in the military way. Mine is more protective of the underdog. Not wanting them to face the elements of the world alone.
Even if it means I will have to be punished for my actions.
Even now my dad is facing physical health issues. I could put him in a nursing home and let others deal with the challenges he is facing.
I never really knew my dad, he was working all the time growing up, and we didn't always see eye to eye.
And for 20 years there was no communication between us. But when a storm came and washed away all I had, he took me in and gave me a roof over my head. And now he needs me. And just like 2nd grade or being 11, I can't let hime face this alone.

And it's challenging, and I'm tired, and I have doubts if I can see this through. But I'm not going to give up and throw in the towel because it's uncomfortable. This health issue is the war that I'm facing. And the only weapons I have is my faith in God.
Because you can't put your faith in the medical industry, their just in it for the money.

You can't put your faith in the teacher or the abusive mom. All you can do is have faith that God will get you through to the other side, no matter the battle.

I don't own a weapon. And yet I live in the woods with large animals that at some point could attack and mangle and kill.
And even if I had a weapon I don't know if I could kill an animal.
Unless it was attacking someone else...
I honestly don't know. I've never been in that situation.

When I was 14 years old I was visiting a friend on the wrong side of town. And along the way a man approached me and held a knife to my back and raped me. I asked him not to kill me and he didn't. If I had had a weapon maybe things would of turned out differently.
I don't know, but I've survived 2 rapes in my life and each time believe it or not, I been blessed.

All I have is my own experences in this life and how I reacted at the time. Under different circumstances I guess I would find out when the time came.

I feel old, lol
Hugs

I can say sorry for your rapes, but men cannot truly understand all the aspects of rape. I don’t even understand rape. I am very intelligent and analyze everything but I do not understand rape from a female’s perspective. I was molested as a child by a 30 year old woman and I went back for more.

My mom raised me to respect women. Now I am a hopeless romantic. I am not interested in sex unless love is involved. I am not sure if that is entirely a good thing, but I think it is an honorable thing. I think it is wiser and more honorable to want the love of a woman more than sex. Not that it ever worked out for me.

But all that you talked about is doing the right thing. That builds confidence in yourself and your religious beliefs. And I believe that the Christian life is a journey and you invite Christ on that journey….walk with Christ is always my advise. It does not always turn out right, but you know you did the right thing and that is all we can do. And I believe Christ notices and in this life we can only do what we think is right. And we make our mistakes but what more can Christ expect us to do but what we think is right.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rape is taking something that doesn't belong to you by force.
The IRS can rape your bank account, except ofcourse sex is more personal. It's an invasion of your personal space.
War is an act of rape. Taking lands or property that don't belong to you is an act of rape.

God blessed me with strength of mind in that they never had a lasting effect on my ability to love others. I was able to just brush it off like a flesh wound and move on with my life. Some people aren't so fortunate. The fear and violation is so strong it can last a lifetime.

The first time I was 13 and got drunk at a party and passed out. I don't know who he was but he was white and he gave me a child.
The only time in my life even through 2 marriages I was ever blessed with a pregnancy. Blessing through tribulation.
The second time it was just a random encounter by a black man who was only interested in getting his thrills.

Should I be racist? And which one is more guilty?

I had two marriages and neither worked out. I was in it for the romance. But the first was in it for the tax right offs, and the second informed me after 16 years that he wanted a platonic relationship, meaning sexless. I wish he'd told me sooner. lol.
Would of saved a lot of arguments and accuastions about having affairs or not being desireable.

I'm single now, and have no desire for any romantic relationship. I've been being raped in one form or another my whole life.
But my heart is still whole and able to love regardless.
Because in the end that's all that really matters. Your heart is where your treasure is, and God has always been my prize.
:D

Much Love
Hugs

Reactions: Grailhunter

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rape is taking something that doesn't belong to you by force.
The IRS can rape your bank account, except ofcourse sex is more personal. It's an invasion of your personal space.
War is an act of rape. Taking lands or property that don't belong to you is an act of rape.

God blessed me with strength of mind in that they never had a lasting effect on my ability to love others. I was able to just brush it off like a flesh wound and move on with my life. Some people aren't so fortunate. The fear and violation is so strong it can last a lifetime.

The first time I was 13 and got drunk at a party and passed out. I don't know who he was but he was white and he gave me a child.
The only time in my life even through 2 marriages I was ever blessed with a pregnancy. Blessing through tribulation.
The second time it was just a random encounter by a black man who was only interested in getting his thrills.

Should I be racist? And which one is more guilty?

I had two marriages and neither worked out. I was in it for the romance. But the first was in it for the tax right offs, and the second informed me after 16 years that he wanted a platonic relationship, meaning sexless. I wish he'd told me sooner. lol.
Would of saved a lot of arguments and accuastions about having affairs or not being desireable.

I'm single now, and have no desire for any romantic relationship. I've been being raped in one form or another my whole life.
But my heart is still whole and able to love regardless.
Because in the end that's all that really matters. Your heart is where your treasure is, and God has always been my prize.
:D

Much Love
Hugs

Praise the Lord.
Total faith and trust in the Lord is all that got me by as far as relationships so now it is me and the boxer pups that are my sanity.

Last edited: