Obadiah - About to be Fulfilled?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obadiah 1:15-21 KJV
15) For the day of the LORD is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.
16) For as ye have drunk upon my holy mountain, so shall all the heathen drink continually, yea, they shall drink, and they shall swallow down, and they shall be as though they had not been.
17) But upon mount Zion shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions.
18) And the house of Jacob shall be a fire, and the house of Joseph a flame, and the house of Esau for stubble, and they shall kindle in them, and devour them; and there shall not be any remaining of the house of Esau; for the LORD hath spoken it.
19) And they of the south shall possess the mount of Esau; and they of the plain the Philistines: and they shall possess the fields of Ephraim, and the fields of Samaria: and Benjamin shall possess Gilead.
20) And the captivity of this host of the children of Israel shall possess that of the Canaanites, even unto Zarephath; and the captivity of Jerusalem, which is in Sepharad, shall possess the cities of the south.
21) And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the LORD'S.

They have drunk on God's holy mountain. Infidels on the temple mount?

The house of Jacob will take what is theirs. House of Jacob . . . Israel but fleshy?

The house of Esau for stubble. Esau . . . southwestern Jordan . . . where the majority of migrant farm workers came from before Israel declared sovereignty. These are for the most part they who were transformed into refugees after Israel's independance. They were invited to remain a part of the nation, but the Arab countries moved them into camps so they could attack Israel. When their attacks failed, these unfortunates were left stuck in these camps, which have become these places, Gaze, the "West Bank", other camps in Lebanon. These are the "Palestinians".

And there shall be none remaining of Esau. Whoa!

And they of the south will possess the mount of Esau - southwestern Jordan.

And they of the plain the Philistines - Gaza.

And they shall possess the fields of Ephraim . . . and Samaria . . . Gilead - the "West Bank", into northwestern Jordan.

and the Caananites even unto Zeraphath - Southern Lebanon.

The cities of the south - the Negev.

I've been watching this a long time.

The so-called Palestinians were for the most part originally migrant farm workers mostly from Jordan, with some from Egypt. This prophecy is against Esau, Edom, and now identified as being in Gaza, the West Bank, Southern Lebanon, the Negev, and Jordan.

I've been wondering when it would be that Jordan, particularly the southwestern portion, when it would be that this area also would become filled with terrorists, even as the other places are. And when it would be that such war would take place, that Jacob, Joseph, would be a fire, and Esau stubble, leaving Israel to possess these areas.

Now I'm seeing in the news Jihadists gathering at the Jordanian/Israeli border. I'm seeing reports of armored carriers being transported through Jordan towards the Israeli border. The Taliban wants passage through Iran, Iraq, and Jordan, so that they can take all the weapons we gave them, and "liberate Jerusalem".

I think they are going to have their heads handed to them on a platter on the temple mount!

And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the LORD'S

What do you think?

Much love!

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
15) For the day of the LORD is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.
16) For as ye have drunk upon my holy mountain, so shall all the heathen drink continually, yea, they shall drink, and they shall swallow down, and they shall be as though they had not been.
17) But upon mount Zion shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions.
18) And the house of Jacob shall be a fire, and the house of Joseph a flame, and the house of Esau for stubble, and they shall kindle in them, and devour them; and there shall not be any remaining of the house of Esau; for the LORD hath spoken it.
19) And they of the south shall possess the mount of Esau; and they of the plain the Philistines: and they shall possess the fields of Ephraim, and the fields of Samaria: and Benjamin shall possess Gilead.
20) And the captivity of this host of the children of Israel shall possess that of the Canaanites, even unto Zarephath; and the captivity of Jerusalem, which is in Sepharad, shall possess the cities of the south.
21) And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the LORD'S.

The house of Jacob will take what is theirs. House of Jacob . . . Israel but fleshy?

The house of Esau for stubble. Esau . . . southwestern Jordan . . . where the majority of migrant farm workers came from before Israel declared sovereignty. These are for the most part they who were transformed into refugees after Israel's independance. They were invited to remain a part of the nation, but the Arab countries moved them into camps so they could attack Israel. When their attacks failed, these unfortunates were left stuck in these camps, which have become these places, Gaze, the "West Bank", other camps in Lebanon. These are the "Palestinians".

And they shall possess the fields of Ephraim . . . and Samaria . . . Gilead - the "West Bank", into northwestern Jordan.

The so-called Palestinians were for the most part originally migrant farm workers mostly from Jordan, with some from Egypt. This prophecy is against Esau, Edom, and now identified as being in Gaza, the West Bank, Southern Lebanon, the Negev, and Jordan.

I've been wondering when it would be that Jordan, particularly the southwestern portion, when it would be that this area also would become filled with terrorists, even as the other places are. And when it would be that such war would take place, that Jacob, Joseph, would be a fire, and Esau stubble, leaving Israel to possess these areas.

Now I'm seeing in the news Jihadists gathering at the Jordanian/Israeli border. I'm seeing reports of armored carriers being transported through Jordan towards the Israeli border. The Taliban wants passage through Iran, Iraq, and Jordan, so that they can take all the weapons we gave them, and "liberate Jerusalem".

I think they are going to have their heads handed to them on a platter on the temple mount!

And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the LORD'S

What do you think?

Much love!
These texts in Obadiah are not referencing the political realities in Palestine today. However, when/ if one insists that they are, they close the door to the perception of the prophetic intention.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These texts in Obadiah are not referencing the political realities in Palestine today. However, when/ if one insists that they are, they close the door to the perception of the prophetic intention.
Then don't insist?

As a watcher of the times, my interest is in first knowing what the prophecies say, and secondly to be aware of what is happening in the world, to know if prophecies have been or are being fulfilled.

And as I've considered Obadiah, over the years, I've noticed these things.

Did you have anything more to say about it, or just that "one" insists maybe on something, and "one" has maybe closed the door to what the prophet "really meant"?

Much love!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then don't insist?

As a watcher of the times, my interest is in first knowing what the prophecies say, and secondly to be aware of what is happening in the world, to know if prophecies have been or are being fulfilled.

And as I've considered Obadiah, over the years, I've noticed these things.

Did you have anything more to say about it, or just that "one" insists maybe on something, and "one" has maybe closed the door to what the prophet "really meant"?

Much love!
Have you considered what this might mean?

2 Corinthians 1:20
For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you considered what this might mean?

2 Corinthians 1:20
For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
Yes, I've come across that before. Anyway, it's 5 here, time for me to go. Have a great weekend!

Much love!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What do you think?

Much love!

i am not sure about Obadiah but i will take a look at it.

Zecharaih chapters 13 & 14 are the most current and relevant prophecy concerning earthbound Israel/Jacob of the flesh.

Behold, the day of the Lord is coming,
And your spoil will be divided in your midst.
2For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
The city shall be taken,
The houses rifled,
And the women ravished.
Half of the city shall go into captivity,
But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3Then the Lord will go forth
And fight against those nations,
As He fights in the day of battle.
4And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,
Which faces Jerusalem on the east.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Obadiah 1:15-21 The Day of the Lord is at hand for all the nations, they will be treated as they have treated others and their wrong actions will recoil upon themselves. My people will drink the wine of God’s wrath, then all the nations in turn will drink of it and be devastated by it. But in Jerusalem there will be a holy remnant, the Lord’s people will be like a flame while the House of Esau will be burnt up with no survivors. My [Christian] people will possess all of the holy Land that was given to Abraham and those in Jerusalem who lead My people will control the lands of the Edomites, but the Kingdom belongs to the Lord.

Isaiah 28:21-22 The Lord will arise as He did at Mt Perazim and in the valley of Gibeon, and storm with rage to do what He must do, to perform His task – a strange and alien deed. But now, have done with all arrogance and pride or the Lord will increase His punishment, for destruction is decreed over the whole Land. Jeremiah 10:18

Isaiah 26:10-11 Lord: Your hand is lifted high and Your enemies can’t see Your good will toward Your people. [Let them see and be ashamed.] Let the fire reserved for Your enemies consume them. The wicked are destroyed, they have never learnt justice, they are corrupt and blinded to Your Majesty and power.

Micah 4:11-12 Now, many nations are massed against Israel, they say: Let Zion suffer outrage, we will gloat over their demise. They are unaware of the Lord’s plans, for His purpose is to gather them like sheaves to the threshing floor. Psalms 83

Nahum 1:5 The earth quakes before the Lord, the world and all who live in it are in tumult. Who can stand before His wrath? Who can resist the fury of His anger, poured out as fire? 2 Peter 3:7

The Lord will arise and storm with rage, as He did in ancient times’. Jeremiah 30:23-24, Isaiah 51:9

His task, strange and alien’. We know God as a God of love, but also of justice and it is just to punish those who do not obey Him and who attack His Land. Isaiah 34:5, Psalms 83:9-18

destruction is decreed’. The entire Middle East will be burnt and devastated. Ezekiel 30:3-5, Isaiah 17:1, Amos 1:3-15

‘fire reserved for the Lord’s enemies will consume them, His anger poured out as fire’. A massive sunstrike CME will fulfill all these prophesied effects. Isaiah 30:26-30, Isaiah 66:15-16, Malachi 4:1

‘My people will drink the wine of God’s wrath’. This will be the third ‘swing of the sword’ Ezekiel 21:14, the final judgement/punishment of the Jewish people. Jeremiah 2:9, Ezekiel 24:14 Only a remnant will survive. Romans 9:27

‘now, many nations are massed against Israel’.
This perfectly describes the situation today and they want to ‘gloat over her demise’. Psalms 83:1-8

‘The House of Esau, burnt up – no survivors’. Those attacking Israel will be totally wiped out. Zephaniah 3:8, Zephaniah 2:4-5

‘those who lead My people’. Another proof that all this will happen before the Return of Jesus. Jeremiah 30:21, Hosea 1:11

Reactions: David in NJ

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What do you think?

Much love!
God's will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gods Elect, Zadok.

Ok. Were do I start?

OBADIAH. Its about Russia. Esua is Russia. Its bible prophecy. Esua left Jordan to Russia soon after the Jews were scattered over the world, in 60 AD, by Roman Titus.

Esua descendants migrated to Russia. Read Ezekiel chapter 38. Russia is in the north. This is were Esua descendants are .
Isaiah chapter 34:5. My sword shall be bathed in heaven, behold, it shall come upon Idumea, and upon the people of My curse, to judgement.
34:6. The sword of the Lord is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and the blood of lambs, and goats, with the fat of the kidney of rams; for the Lord hath sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.
This is Russia. At the end of the 6th trump, Russia and allys invade from Alaska to attack America and Canada. God will destroy them at Canadian mountains.

In Ezekiel chapter 38, it's called hamon gog. God will destroy the Russia military.

Isaiah 34:8. For it is the day of the LORDS vengeance. Russia military and allys will be destroyed by Jesus at the 7th trump. God will protect America and Canada.

Isaiah chapter 64:1 . Who is that comes from Edom, with dyed garment's from Bozrah?.
Edom means red. This is ESA's descendants.
In revelation chapter 13, the bear is Russia. Again, these are Esua descendants.

Malachi chapter 1:2. Yet YE say, where has Thou loved us? Was not ESAU Jacob's brother? Says the Lord: yet I loved Jacob.
1:4. . Whereas Edom says, We are improvised, but we will return and build the desolate places;
After ww2, Russia tried to buy friendship. Spent tons of money. Thier communism system ended in 1990. No longer super power. Russia even asks America for money and food sent to Russia.

God cursed Esua. Although there are some Christian people in Russia. Not all of Russia is atheist.

God's anger is directed at the aethist system. Not Christian people. Get the picture.

What about the middle east??.

Jerusalem is the barometer for many bible prophecy.
Micah chapter 1:,9. Thier will be deadly wound in judah, even at the gate of Jerusalem.
Revelation chapter 13:3. The one world political system receives deadly wound near future. Satan as antichrist will come 6th trump, heal deadly wound by establishing world peace. It's 5 month period, revelation chapter 9:5, to document.