OCD Thoughts And Anxiety About Going To Hell

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
They will call good evil and evil good. Under the graph-

"In the graph above, righteousness is toward the top and evil is toward the bottom. So upward trends are good, and downward trends are bad." So, according to this graph (who even knows who came up with it) from 1940 until 2004, morality improved??! Sorry Mark but, if you don't see an increase of lack of morals in this world, and that they have and are continuing to get worse and worse. That graph IMHO is bogus...but then, it is only my opinion. People are fornicating like rabbits, divorce is at an all time high (includes Christian marriages as well) people bear false witness all the time and seemingly don't even try to hide it! People and nations still killing more and more innocent people (yeah, I know...who say's they are innocent, haha)
And....that's all :)
my reply to that would be that you have a perspective based upon local appearances, but the morality index (for one) employs a diff perspective, that is not biased, as ours inevitably would be. So, you might include a link to whatever graph you ref and we might see, and i would bear in mind that we often tend to see the evil, and overlook the good. When is the last time you travelled outside the US?
Sorry Mark but, if you don't see
i take it for granted that what i see may be irrelevant to the bigger picture, but also the moralityindex has apparently changed, i dont recall it being specific to the US like it now says it is, nor the ref to the Ten Commandments and the other religious refs. But there are other indices too; and they all pretty much agree. Of course local conditions might vary, and timescales should be considered, meaning violence has gone up since Trump took office, but have been trending down for centuries now, and etc

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I don't mean to go off topic but all of this sinning and hell could had been prevented if Adam and Eve never ate the forbidden fruit. I'm so upset. If only I had a time machine I would go to The Garden Of Eden and stopped them from eating it
you might contemplate yourself as Adam and Eve, and you who ate the fruit of the tree knowledge, as you are even displaying right this second ;)
all of this sinning and hell could had been prevented if

It's all hate, violence, wars, deaths, sickness, homelessness, and sex.
although you are not nearly at the level of most of our professors, granted
but i mean see all that "knowledge" there?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
They will call good evil and evil good. Under the graph-

"In the graph above, righteousness is toward the top and evil is toward the bottom. So upward trends are good, and downward trends are bad." So, according to this graph (who even knows who came up with it) from 1940 until 2004, morality improved??! Sorry Mark but, if you don't see an increase of lack of morals in this world, and that they have and are continuing to get worse and worse. That graph IMHO is bogus...but then, it is only my opinion. People are fornicating like rabbits, divorce is at an all time high (includes Christian marriages as well) people bear false witness all the time and seemingly don't even try to hide it! People and nations still killing more and more innocent people (yeah, I know...who say's they are innocent, haha)
And....that's all :)
yet when you were a kid, the future was different, wasnt it

what changed, iyo

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yet when you were a kid, the future was different, wasnt it

what changed, iyo

What changed was, that I just became more and more like the world. Even as a kid I knew right from wrong but...did not see it as a sin. Really did not understand disobeying your parents was a sin, or if I did hear it it did not click as did nothing else until I became older and experienced the "world" (I wasn't THAT bad as a kid...never sassed!, but did sneak out at night sometimes :oops:)

Life changes a person, especially if one does not know Christ. We all have a history and all different. You see the hardness in the world and try not to become like that but, if you don't have Christ-Life...you will be hardened to much, IMPO. :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
understood. Honestly sometimes the first thought when waking up in the morning is ‘what is the point’. This heavy depression. Some mornings it is not there. But even those mornings upon waking to depression it quickly leaves when He becomes the focus. Seeing for the first time there IS a point, there is Hope. Like you (if I’ve understood you correctly) there can be sorrow yet rejoicing. You shared a post once about this conflict when losing a loved one. Having Hope yet...also at the same time grief. The world looks very unstable (imo)a roar, but then there is also a stability (stillness)spoken of in Him. The former things He said have passed away...all things become New. Makes me think of not wanting the New for saying the old is better. Luke 5:39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

So I pause at: the former is better? If so, then why ‘I do a New thing.’ And tell you before it springs forth...

"Honestly sometimes the first thought when waking up in the morning is ‘what is the point’. "

My heart goes out to you Victory as, I sure can relate. "why bother"... Satan tries to catch us before one foot hits the floor...the battlefield is in the mind for sure! I saw a good series titled that but, I digress. We need purpose in life, a reason to get up, God wants us to place ourselves where He leads us and it is not in our rooms alone and depressed, so during those temptations I will jump up, hit the shower, put on praise and worship music, it works every-time but it can still be a battle at times to actually do it. Correct you are, it is always looking to Him... "focus" has to be key, then praise and prayer can be so easy!

"but then there is also a stability (stillness)spoken of in Him. The former things He said have passed away...all things become New. Makes me think of not wanting the New for saying the old is better."

"The peace that surpasses all understanding"...is this what you mean here? He sure has given me that and, it is unlike any kind of peace in this world.
Yes, the Christian is a "new man" and old things have passed away. I don't know where, but somewhere in the previous posts, someone (Bbyrd?) posted in reply to how bad I thought the world is. Even compared to only a couple decades ago. So, maybe it has always been this evil but, was hidden more back in the 50 and 60's?
I will have to go back and find Amadeus's post to re read about not wanting to go back because I sure do not! Ha1 Glad I'm on my way out and not just starting out :eek:

"Having Hope yet...also at the same time grief." I remember. Finding joy in the midst of our sorrow...and impo, it is not easy but, it is still there...that peace :)

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't mean to go off topic but all of this sinning and hell could had been prevented if Adam and Eve never ate the forbidden fruit. I'm so upset. If only I had a time machine I would go to The Garden Of Eden and stopped them from eating it
If so would we have ever come to the intimate relationship with Chris that we have?

Reactions: Nancy

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes true but I was just saying. Sorry I didn't mean to come off as ignorant or arrogant. I'm just so sad and disappointed that we could had lived in immortality and paradise
Still can.

truth is; we have an opportunity to serve now while the day is evil. Once the day is spent our opportunity will be as well. I would suggest you do as @Giuliano suggested and serve.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009 and Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm suffering about this intense fear. Is anyone else going through this?
The title of this thread is "OCD Thoughts And Anxiety About Going To Hell". But let's just focus on "Anxiety About Going To Hell".

1. Do you realize that so far as you are concerned, anxiety about going to Hell is POSITIVE, not negative. What it means is that you understand that (1) there is a real place called Hell, (2) all humans being without Christ face eternal Hell, and (3) you do not want to go to Hell. This is all good and positive. Perhaps God Himself has placed this anxiety within your soul, so that you will seek out the remedy.

2. The question you must then immediately ask yourself, in all sincerity is this: "Has God made a provision for me that I will never have to face the reality of Hell?"

3. If you have any familiarity with the Bible, then John 3:16 should suffice for starters. Here is what it says (KJV): For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

4. Under the circumstances you are facing, you must believe -- without the shadow of a doubt -- that these words are from God (spoken by Christ) and they are directed to you personally. So what does God tell you in these few words:

(a) God loves you, as He loves the whole human race. And God's love is not mere sentiment, but action.

(b) Because He loves you He sent His only begotten Son -- the Lord Jesus Christ -- to earth. "This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners".

(c) As the context shows, God sent Christ to die on the cross for your personal sins, but Christ paid the full penalty for the sins of the whole world the day He died. However He also rose again for your justification, and that is the power of the Gospel. Jesus is a LIVING Savior. He said "I am THE RESURRECTION and THE LIFE".

(d) The reason Christ died for your sins is so that you would not "perish". The word "perish" here means eternal ruin, torment, and damnation in Hell. Which means that God made full and complete provision for you to be saved from Hell -- the Lake of Fire.

(e) Now what does God expect from you in order to receive the gift of eternal life? That verse says "whosoever believeth". So what does that mean? "Repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ."

(1) It means that you must believe with all your heart everything stated above (as revealed in that verse). That Jesus is not only the Son of God, but God manifest in the flesh, so that He would die for your sins. God shed His blood for your redemption.

(2) It means that all your sins were laid upon Christ, and He paid the full penalty, so that you would not have to pay it in Hell.

(3) It means that Jesus is your Savior and your God, therefore you must turn from all your sins and idols, and receive Him into your soul as your Lord and Savior. "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved".

(4) Turning away from your sins and idols means repentance, and there is no remission of sins without repentance. But if you repent, your sins are forgiven, and you receive the gift of eternal life. From that point on there can be no fear of Hell. And Christ can heal you of all mental disorders (including OCD).

(5) Once you are saved by grace, here is what God expects of you:

11For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
I'm suffering about this intense fear. Is anyone else going through this?

If your a Christian, hell is not an option, so don't worry about it or dwell on it.

And it wouldn't have mattered if you could have prevented Adam & Eve from sinning, if they didn't bring sin into the world, the next guy would have.

Reactions: Lavender Purple

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can we all go back to my question please? Thank you

I may have misunderstood your question in the beginning. After reading through it has become clearer your question was concerning OCD an Anxiety about going to hell. Do not know how how I missed the ‘about going to hell’ part. :oops: