Old Rush

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Seems as though Ez. 38 -39 looms closer everydayAFTER CLAIMING THE POLE, RUSSIA LOOKS SOUTHAugust 4, 2007The London Daily Telegraph reports: “Russia stirred memories of the Cold War yesterday when the country's senior admiral called for the establishment of a permanent naval base in the Mediterranean for the first time since the Soviet era.Coming a day after an audacious mission to the North Pole to bolster Russia's territorial claims in the Arctic, Moscow's renewed naval ambitions are likely to spread further unease in NATO capitals. ‘The Mediterranean Sea is very important strategically,’ Admiral Vladimir Masorin said on a tour of the Russian navy's Black Sea base in the Crimean port of Sevastopol. ‘I propose that, with the involvement of the Northern and Baltic Fleets, the Russian navy should restore its permanent presence there.’His remarks raise doubts about the Kremlin's denial last year of a newspaper claim that new moorings were being built in the Syrian port of Tartus.According to Ivan Safronov, the journalist who died after mysteriously falling from a building in Moscow this year, Russia had also begun to expand the port at Latakia, also in Syria. President Vladimir Putin has been anxious to restore Moscow's influence in the Middle East, signing controversial arms deals with both Syria and Iran that have upset the United States and Israel.If the port plan were to go ahead, Russian vessels and warships from the US Sixth Fleet, based in Italy, would face one another in the Mediterranean for the first time since the Cold War when the Soviet navy was based in Tartus. Russia maintains a symbolic and largely empty logistical facility at Tartus - its only military base outside the former Soviet Union.Washington will be watching both developments with concern…”

Romans610

Aug 3, 2007
I say it was bound to happen, Russia is a vast yet barren territory that, frankly, has little to offer toward society, their military has lost its former "might" and if we pay close attention to the news we see that the end times are near. Biblical prophesy says that Israel will be attacked by its enemies, and if Russia sides with Syria then they are an enemy to Israel. Interesting development either way.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I'm Russian
sad.gif

Romans610

Aug 3, 2007
(Wakka;14642)
I'm Russian
sad.gif
well actually you are a child of God, nationality has no place in that title. I apologize if I offended you in any way.