Old Testament stuff that is hard to stomach

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel 20:26 - And I polluted them in their own gifts, in that they caused to pass through the fire all that openeth the womb, that I might make them desolate, to the end that they might know that I amthe LORD

Is God saying that it his will to make their babies pass through the fire? To make them desolate? I have to be reading that wrong. Please enlighten me here…..

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel 20:26 - And I polluted them in their own gifts, in that they caused to pass through the fire all that openeth the womb, that I might make them desolate, to the end that they might know that I amthe LORD

Is God saying that it his will to make their babies pass through the fire? To make them desolate? I have to be reading that wrong. Please enlighten me here…..
It's hard for me to understand this passage, taking it out of context. One must understand what led up to this, before understanding this particular verse, I assume. I do believe God has good reason to do what he does. I don't think he acts our of selfishness. I think he always has our best interests in mind.

Reactions: Mantis