On Christmas, Pope Urges End to Wars

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(Wakka;28296)
The Pope isn't exactly Christian himself. .
WHO are you to judge whether someone's trusted in Jesus? Can you read that man's heart? Based on what, pictures you've seen of him? You know NOTHING of this man, other than He's Catholic. Unless you're willing to say that ALL Catholics aren't Christians? Are you making THAT sweeping generalization? Am I not a Christain Wakka? Can you read my heart as well? If so, you must be God.I had no idea God was posting on this forum.
rolleyes.gif

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Well I can safely say that there is no mention of a pope in the bible. I also like to say that Peter is no pope, nor was he the first one. There will be no true peace until Yahshua comes.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(thesuperjag;28329)
Well I can safely say that there is no mention of a pope in the bible. JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour.
Matthew 16:18Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means ‘rock’), and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;28330)
(thesuperjag;28329)
Well I can safely say that there is no mention of a pope in the bible. JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour.
Matthew 16:18Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means ‘rock’), and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it.That rock is not about Peter. *sigh*Jag

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(thesuperjag;28331)
That rock is not about Peter. *sigh*Jag
sure it is. In fact, I prayed to him today and he told me to tell you it was.lol. only kidding. geez... *so serious around here*

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
I wish there were some Mormons who posted so you guys could talk about how crummy their religion was... sort of give the Catholics a break for a bit?
rolleyes.gif

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;28332)
(thesuperjag;28331)
That rock is not about Peter. *sigh*Jag
sure it is. In fact, I prayed to him today and he told me to tell you it was.lol. only kidding. geez...*so serious around here*Matthew 7:24-25 - Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.As for Hell shall not prevail it.Matthew 7:26-27 - And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.P.S. Life is no game to tell you the truth.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(thesuperjag;28334)
Matthew 7:24-25 - Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.As for Hell shall not prevail it.Matthew 7:26-27 - And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.P.S. Life is no game to tell you the truth.
Just because those verses mention rocks.. that doesn't mean that Jesus, several chapters later was talking about the same thing. Do a search of the word "rock" in the Bible.. there are pages & pages. OK, but have it your way. So Jesus didn't leave Peter in charge.. he left no one right? And then fast forward 100 years.. still no Bible.. is there ANY authority whatsoever? Or is everyone just allowed to take whatever piece of the gospel message they like, disregard the rest and carry on? One guy says, I think it means ABC... another guy says, Nope.. it's clearly DEF... hello? No Bible to settle the matter.. is there any authority? And, if Jesus left no church.. what's with those silly Bishops a few hundred years later thinking they can decide which writings belong in the Bible? Why would their opinion mean squat? OK, but now there IS a Bible...put together by those phony Bishops.... Only trouble is.. you can't read it. Neither can I. And nobody we know owns one. Except for the clergy that God did NOT put in charge. So forget about going to church to hear them read it. Besides, they call themselves the Catholic (Universal) Church - sounds pretty evil to me. So now what? What are we supposed to do for oh.... 1,600 years - give or take a couple of centuries? Right.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;28337)
(thesuperjag;28334)
Matthew 7:24-25 - Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.As for Hell shall not prevail it.Matthew 7:26-27 - And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.P.S. Life is no game to tell you the truth.
Just because those verses mention rocks.. that doesn't mean that Jesus, several chapters later was talking about the same thing. Do a search of the word "rock" in the Bible.. there are pages & pages.OK, but have it your way. So Jesus didn't leave Peter in charge.. he left no one right? And then fast forward 100 years.. still no Bible.. is there ANY authority whatsoever? Or is everyone just allowed to take whatever piece of the gospel message they like, disregard the rest and carry on? One guy says, I think it means ABC... another guy says, Nope.. it's clearly DEF... hello? No Bible to settle the matter.. is there any authority?And, if Jesus left no church.. what's with those silly Bishops a few hundred years later thinking they can decide which writings belong in the Bible? Why would their opinion mean squat?OK, but now there IS a Bible...put together by those phony Bishops.... Only trouble is.. you can't read it. Neither can I. And nobody we know owns one. Except for the clergy that God did NOT put in charge. So forget about going to church to hear them read it. Besides, they call themselves the Catholic (Universal) Church - sounds pretty evil to me. So now what? What are we supposed to do for oh.... 1,600 years - give or take a couple of centuries?Right.Again that rock from previous post of yours is not about Peter. It is about what Christ said. And those verses that I just posted is the same rock that Christ was referring. I'll stick with the Word of God. I trust in God. Not men.JagNote: The author is God, who created that bible. So I thank Him.
smile.gif
unlike many perverted bibles...

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
You still didn't answer my question though... What were God's children supposed to do for 1,600+ years ??? Can't read - no Bible.How did God intend for them to be fed? If it were only by them reading the Bible for themselves.. gosh, talk about poor planning.
rolleyes.gif

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(thesuperjag;28338)
Again that rock from previous post of yours is not about Peter. It is about what Christ said. And those verses that I just posted is the same rock that Christ was referring. ...
Says who? You?Nope.. I'll stick with the Word of God. Only I see it as saying something different. I say the "ROCK" is Peter (which means ROCK - what a coinsidence.. gosh, didn't see that coming?!) Too bad there's no authority to sort out which one of us is right?
rolleyes.gif

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;28340)
You still didn't answer my question though... What were God's children supposed to do for 1,600+ years ??? Can't read - no Bible.How did God intend for them to be fed? If it were only by them reading the Bible for themselves.. gosh, talk about poor planning.
rolleyes.gif

There was a hearing of the Word of God before the bible existed, even though OT writers did write them...by the Spirit. The Bible was created by God nontheless.Jag

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;28327)
WHO are you to judge whether someone's trusted in Jesus? Can you read that man's heart? Based on what, pictures you've seen of him? You know NOTHING of this man, other than He's Catholic. Unless you're willing to say that ALL Catholics aren't Christians? Are you making THAT sweeping generalization? Am I not a Christain Wakka? Can you read my heart as well? If so, you must be God.I had no idea God was posting on this forum.
rolleyes.gif

• He proclaims that Muslims and Catholics serve the same god.
  • He proclaims himself above Jesus Himself, apparently someone other than Jesus can forgive you of your sins.
  • He proclaims that you don't even need Jesus, because apparently you can achieve a spot in heaven through good works.
  • He proclaims himself above the authority of Scripture. Apparently he has the ability to change God's laws.
I may have over exaggerated on some parts, but there is truth in it.Galatians 5:9A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.If he is blasphemous in one instance, it is better to ignore him whatsoever. And no, all Catholics aren't bad. It's a matter of faith and what you believe in.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
First the rock does mean Peter, who God appointed leader of the christian church, but Jesus calling peter the Rock does not imply that the catholic church is the only church. I'm sorry peacebewithyou but the only reason we catholics have made that up 1s so we catholics have power among all christians. Instead half of the christians split away. So much for being Gods one and only church.Now for Wacca I'll try to answer these 4 points1) He proclaims that Muslims and Catholics serve the same god. That was Pope John Paul GET IT RIGHT!!!!!actually I can't prove you wrong on this one. The only thing I can say is that he was trying to gain world peace causig him to say this statement. A statement which is obviously wrong. So it was a bad statement for a good cause2)He proclaims himself above Jesus Himself, apparently someone other than Jesus can forgive you of your sins.I'm going to get into this is a whole other thread probably later today or tommorow, but he does not claim himself above Jesus. We call him the vicar of Christ, or the person who has complete power ( which Gods granted him) over the Gods church( as we catholics have the ridiculous belief that we are the only church). Peter, Moses, David ect. ect. had the same power.3)He proclaims that you don't even need Jesus, because apparently you can achieve a spot in heaven through good works. Ok wacca check out this post on the catholic belief of salvation on faith and works http://www.christianityboard.com/saved-fai...lone-t4983.htmlThat should explain the basic catholic belief, On salvation without Jesus the pope has never said that. He;s voiced the same believe many people have, including Jesus himslef. If you are looking for truth, but haven't yet found christianity than you will be saved. for If you knew that Jesus or even thought that Jesus was God you would worship him with all your heart. "knock and the door will be opened unto you, Seek and you shall find."the only way is through christ, but that doesn't mean we can't accept him in death.That is the catholics opinon, I personally am still trying to figure my opinon out. 4) He proclaims himself above the authority of Scripture. Apparently he has the ability to change God's laws. because as I said before Catholics believe God has given him auithority to change laws IN AGREEANCE OF THE SCRIPTURE, even if you don't agree with our interpretation.hope that helpedyour brother in christRyan FitzPs. Peacebewithyou your probably going to kill me for my (the catrholic church is the only church NOT!!!! view) just kill me in a way which is unpainful yet creative.
smile.gif

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(Letsgofishing;28371)
Ps. Peacebewithyou your probably going to kill me for my (the catrholic church is the only church NOT!!!! view) just kill me in a way which is unpainful yet creative.
smile.gif

The Catholic Church holds the fullness of Truth found in Jesus Christ.There are lots of other good churches that lead people to Christ - but all are lacking in some regard. (namely the Eucharist). Sorry, not so creative.. but true nonetheless.
smile.gif

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Letsgofishing;28371)
First the rock does mean Peter, who God appointed leader of the christian church, but Jesus calling peter the Rock does not imply that the catholic church is the only church. I'm sorry peacebewithyou but the only reason we catholics have made that up 1s so we catholics have power among all christians. Instead half of the christians split away. So much for being Gods one and only church.Now for Wacca I'll try to answer these 4 points1) He proclaims that Muslims and Catholics serve the same god. That was Pope John Paul GET IT RIGHT!!!!!actually I can't prove you wrong on this one. The only thing I can say is that he was trying to gain world peace causig him to say this statement. A statement which is obviously wrong. So it was a bad statement for a good cause2)He proclaims himself above Jesus Himself, apparently someone other than Jesus can forgive you of your sins.I'm going to get into this is a whole other thread probably later today or tommorow, but he does not claim himself above Jesus. We call him the vicar of Christ, or the person who has complete power ( which Gods granted him) over the Gods church( as we catholics have the ridiculous belief that we are the only church). Peter, Moses, David ect. ect. had the same power.3)He proclaims that you don't even need Jesus, because apparently you can achieve a spot in heaven through good works. Ok wacca check out this post on the catholic belief of salvation on faith and works http://www.christianityboard.com/saved-fai...lone-t4983.htmlThat should explain the basic catholic belief, On salvation without Jesus the pope has never said that. He;s voiced the same believe many people have, including Jesus himslef. If you are looking for truth, but haven't yet found christianity than you will be saved. for If you knew that Jesus or even thought that Jesus was God you would worship him with all your heart. "knock and the door will be opened unto you, Seek and you shall find."the only way is through christ, but that doesn't mean we can't accept him in death.That is the catholics opinon, I personally am still trying to figure my opinon out. 4) He proclaims himself above the authority of Scripture. Apparently he has the ability to change God's laws. because as I said before Catholics believe God has given him auithority to change laws IN AGREEANCE OF THE SCRIPTURE, even if you don't agree with our interpretation.hope that helpedyour brother in christRyan FitzPs. Peacebewithyou your probably going to kill me for my (the catrholic church is the only church NOT!!!! view) just kill me in a way which is unpainful yet creative.
smile.gif

Actually, Cephas is called a stone. Even if he was called "a rock"...the verse Peacebewithyou does not refer the rock as Peter. Upon this rock... is nowhere referring to Peter. *sigh* Why is it you guys can't hear God?JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(thesuperjag;28342)
There was a hearing of the Word of God before the bible existed, even though OT writers did write them...by the Spirit. The Bible was created by God nontheless.Jag
So you agree that God used the Catholic Church as a means for His children to "hear the word" for at least 1,600 years?

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Yes the other churches are lacking the eucharist.But how does that make us the one and only church.Actually I'm posting this subject on a new thread right now so lets talk about it there.and Jag? hello, who's jesus talking too. Jesus said to him in reply, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father. And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. 14 Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." so when Jesus was talking about himself, when did he start talking in third person and refering to himself as "you". he didn't, this passage is obviously about Peter.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(Letsgofishing;28393)
Yes the other churches are lacking the eucharist.But how does that make us the one and only church..
I don't think it makes us the "one and only church." There are lots of good churches that preach Christ where one can become His follower. But I do think it makes us the Church WITH Jesus, body, blood, soul, divinity. Which is no small thing.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
Jag,I'm interested in know how YOU interpret the verese where Jesus says he gives Peter the keys to the Kingdom.. and whatever he (Peter) binds on earth, will be bound in heaven?(hint: Authority)