• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
“But when the king came in to look at the guests, he saw there (@Ritajanice & @mailmandan) who had no wedding garment. Matt 22:11

What happens to the one found without a garment?

You think you are clothed (saved), but I (and others) can see your shame in all your taunting posts.

Repent and learn again what it means to work out your salvation with fear and trembling.

F2F

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Op: One Baptism not two? Back on topic, please?:

Yes, Today, Under Grace, God Only has ONE [ Spiritual ] Baptism, not two [ adding water ]
Summed Up:

Three Bible Baptisms:

In God's Previous Context Of Prophecy/Covenants/Law for ISRAEL, Yesterday!:

►►► The Twelve Were Sent to {water} baptize! ◄◄◄

The TWO Main (of 12 ) baptismS =

A) water, For remission of sins/induction into Israeli "priesthood!":
(Matthew_3:5-6; Mark_1:4; Luke_3:3; John_1:31; Luke 7:29-30; Acts_10:37)
(Matthew_28:19; Mark_16:16; Acts_2:38, 22:16; Ezekiel_36:25; Isaiah 52:15)
+
B) WITH The Holy Spirit, Poured Out By CHRIST, for power, signs And wonders!
(Isaiah_44:3; Matthew_3:11; Mark_1:8, 16:17-18;
Luke_24:49; Acts_2:17-18, 38, 8:15-17, 11:16)

Prophecy/Covenants/Law for ISRAEL!

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That Differ” (online)

In God's Other Distinctive Context Of Mystery/GRACE! (Romans - Philemon) =

our "apostle to the Gentiles" for The Body Of CHRIST, Today!:

►►► Paul Was Not Sent to {water} baptize! Why Not?: ◄◄◄

Today:

Only ONE Baptism = "BY" The ONE Spirit = God's OPERATION,
Spiritually Identifying members In (The ONE Body Of) CHRIST!!
(Ephesians 4:5; Colossians_2:12; Galatians_3:27;
Romans_6:3-4; 1 Corinthians 12:13 KJB)

Conclusion: God's ONE Baptism Today? = ONE - Agrees with the OP, Correct?

Or, Equals two? = water problem with God's Math!
----------------------------------
Solving The Massive Confusion/Division of multiplied 'traditional' water practices,
This have also been Very Helpful:

Water That Divides!!
----------------------------------------
OFF-topic Discussion of salvation vs works can be found here:

God's Simple Will! + I have decided to follow Jesus?

Amen.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Op: One Baptism not two? Back on topic, please?:
Grace, the format in your posts is rather off-putting (said respectfully). You would be better to focus on a verse or passage, say Acts 8:26-40
It's a great section to study and happens to hold a water (and spirit) Baptism.
F2F

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one baptism that prospers the soul in the furtherance of the KOG....

John 1
26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;
33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

Romans 8:16
16 The SPIRIT itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not discouraging anyone from being water baptised. it is a command of God we all should be baptized in water

I am discouraging the false gospel that water baptism replaces spirit baptism in the salvation process.. Because that gospel will not save you.

Jesus set the pattern for many things we should do as his children. But non of them save us

we do them because we are saved out of gratitude and love and trust
1 Peter 3:21

21The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Acts22:16

16And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

sure looks like baptism in water saves

Reactions: face2face

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

21The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

16And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

I think these ladies in this thread believe a water baptism is without the Spirits involvement. I've never heard of anyone getting baptised without a knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Read peter. It does not remove sin.. it is an answer of a good conscious

I was baptised By God. I pray you were. If you were nt. You’re still dead in your sin.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read peter. It does not remove sin.. it is an answer of a good conscious

I was baptised By God. I pray you were. If you were nt. You’re still dead in your sin.
YOU read Peter, and it says baptism saves us period. Read Acts 2:38 for the reason. For the remission of sins. Read Acts 22:16. 16And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Pretty clear, si clear that the simplest of people can understand.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU read Peter, and it says baptism saves us period. Read Acts 2:38 for the reason. For the remission of sins. Read Acts 22:16. 16And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Pretty clear, si clear that the simplest of people can understand.
1 Peter 3: 21 There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Peter says baptism does not remove sin from our fleshly bodies but ius an answer of a good consiousness to god

In acts. Peter says tells those who have recieved the gift of the spirit because they repented. to be baptized on account of the fact they recieved remission of sin.

if your not going to study. We can;t help you

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 3: 21 There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Peter says baptism does not remove sin from our fleshly bodies but ius an answer of a good consiousness to god

In acts. Peter says tells those who have recieved the gift of the spirit because they repented. to be baptized on account of the fact they recieved remission of sin.

if your not going to study. We can;t help you
I certainly don't need your flawed help to understand the simple truth. Acts 2:38 below inextricably ties repentance and baptism together by the conjunction "and". Both are required, not one, but both as a condition of receiving remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Ghost. No different than Mark 16:15-16 also below. Therein, belief and baptism are also inextricably linked conjunctively, both being required as a condition of salvation.

Acts 2:38

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Mark 16:15-16

15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Belief + baptism = salvation

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I certainly don't need your flawed help to understand the simple truth. Acts 2:38 below inextricably ties repentance and baptism together by the conjunction "and". Both are required, not one, but both as a condition of receiving remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Ghost. No different than Mark 16:15-16 also below. Therein, belief and baptism are also inextricably linked conjunctively, both being required as a condition of salvation.

Acts 2:38

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Mark 16:15-16

15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Belief + baptism = salvation
You need Gods help

God did not contradict himself

show me the word baptism in John 3 4 5 and 6. Show me the word baptism in all of Pauls letters on how to be saved.

Acts 2 does not say what you think it does. If you looked at the greek you would see it, But since you refuse, you will be left in your thought and they will be wrong

mark 16 does not say water baptism, it says baptized.. Everyone who is spirit baptized is saved.. it is automatic. not something they have to do.. that would make it a works based earned system and salvation would be a reward not a grace gift.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need Gods help

God did not contradict himself

show me the word baptism in John 3 4 5 and 6. Show me the word baptism in all of Pauls letters on how to be saved.

Acts 2 does not say what you think it does. If you looked at the greek you would see it, But since you refuse, you will be left in your thought and they will be wrong

mark 16 does not say water baptism, it says baptized.. Everyone who is spirit baptized is saved.. it is automatic. not something they have to do.. that would make it a works based earned system and salvation would be a reward not a grace gift.
Scripture doesn't conflict with nor contradict scripture. You cannot take a single Scripture and base your belief on it and it alone while ignoring other scriptures that say something more. You must read scripture additively, combining the requirements found in each into one composite set of requirements. No more important than on the subject of salvation. You'll not find one scripture that contains them all, but when you link all relative scriptures together you end up with the following short list.
1. Belief/faith
2. Confession of belief (Rom 10:9) as did the Ethiopian eunuch do in Acts 8
3. Repentance (Acts 2:38) as the jews were told to do
4. Baptism, water immersion for the forgiveness of sins (Acts 2:38) also as told to the Jews on the day of Pentecost

Do we read and adhere to only one gospel of our choosing and ignor the other 3, or do we glean and learn from them all?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture doesn't conflict with nor contradict scripture. You cannot take a single Scripture and base your belief on it and it alone while ignoring other scriptures that say something more. You must read scripture additively, combining the requirements found in each into one composite set of requirements. No more important than on the subject of salvation. You'll not find one scripture that contains them all, but when you link all relative scriptures together you end up with the following short list.
1. Belief/faith
2. Confession of belief (Rom 10:9) as did the Ethiopian eunuch do in Acts 8
3. Repentance (Acts 2:38) as the jews were told to do
4. Baptism, water immersion for the forgiveness of sins (Acts 2:38) also as told to the Jews on the day of Pentecost

Do we read and adhere to only one gospel of our choosing and ignor the other 3, or do we glean and learn from them all?
Yet your bible contradicts.

Peter did nto give a different gospel to the people in acts than Jesus gave in John 3 4 5 and 6.. nor that Paul gave in eph 2 and many other places.

Reactions: mailmandan

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rituals nor traditions profit the soul in gaining entrance into the kingdom

Mark 7: 8-9
For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

Colossians 2:8
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Romans 10:13 KJV: For whosoever SHALL CALL UPON the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea what you're talking about nor do you. Believe what you like. Goodbye
of course you don't. Your stuck on your belief, so you read through that lens.

I know exactly what I am talking about.. my bible does not contradict itself.. thats how we can know we are correct in our thinking

Good day, I will pray for you

Reactions: mailmandan

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Out of interest do you believe you have the gift of the Spirit?