• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets hope you have the garment ;)
I am trusting exclusively in Christ for salvation. What about you? So far all I'm hearing is that you are trusting in your performance/works for salvation. If you were standing at the gates of heaven right now and Jesus Christ asked you why He should let you into heaven, what would be your exact answer? The answer to this question will demonstrate exactly what you are trusting in for salvation.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am trusting exclusively in Christ for salvation.
But you can stop trusting right and still be saved!
What about you?
God will show mercy on who He will show mercy - He is not my debtor.

So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills. Romans 9:18

Will you tell Him who He saves?

So far all I'm hearing is that you are trusting in your performance/works for salvation. If you were standing at the gates of heaven right now and Jesus Christ asked you why He should let you into heaven, what would be your exact answer? The answer to this question will demonstrate exactly what you are trusting in for salvation.
Do you expect to go to heaven?

The meek shall inheret the Earth! Matthew 5:5

F2F

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am trusting exclusively in Christ for salvation. What about you? So far all I'm hearing is that you are trusting in your performance/works for salvation. If you were standing at the gates of heaven right now and Jesus Christ asked you why He should let you into heaven, what would be your exact answer? The answer to this question will demonstrate exactly what you are trusting in for salvation.
People do not understand true faith

nor do they understand that when you trust someone and they do not give you a reason to not trust them. You never stop trusting them

you only stop trusting sa person that never lets you down when you never really trusted them to begin with.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

nor do they understand that when you trust someone and they do not give you a reason to not trust them. You never stop trusting them

you only stop trusting sa person that never lets you down when you never really trusted them to begin with.
Authentic faith in Christ is firmly rooted and continues and is not some shallow, temporary belief that has no root, produces no fruit and withers away.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Authentic faith in Christ is firmly rooted and continues and is not some shallow, temporary belief that has no root, produces no fruit and withers away.
Our faith keeps on getting stronger and stronger...we sure are put through the mill at times though Brother...but, nothing can pluck us from his hands or separate us from him and his Love...Nope!!....absolutely NOTHING!...

John 10:28

King James Version

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

We stand on his word..his “ Living “ word!

Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

New Living Translation
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me,

English Standard Version
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.

Berean Standard Bible
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand.

Berean Literal Bible
And I give them eternal life, and never shall they perish to the age, and never will anyone seize them out of My hand.

King James Bible
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

New King James Version
And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What i say to you i say to all . ALWAYS TEST men . Do it daily . No human is infallible .
Too many folks be trusting in those they like or men they like to listen too .
As for trust , i dont even trust in my own flesh let alone anyone else . men can fail but CHRIST PREVAILS .
TRUST THOU IN GOD ALONE and ye shall find peace for your souls and ye shall be led on the narrow path
for all your days . Trust in men and prepare to hit a ditch .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our faith keeps on getting stronger and stronger...we sure are put through the mill at times though Brother...but, nothing can pluck us from his hands or separate us from him and his Love...Nope!!....absolutely NOTHING!...

We stand on his word..his “ Living “ word!

Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

New Living Translation
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me,

English Standard Version
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.

Berean Standard Bible
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand.

Berean Literal Bible
And I give them eternal life, and never shall they perish to the age, and never will anyone seize them out of My hand.

King James Bible
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

New King James Version
And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
And his LIVING WORD will never contradict HIS BIBLICAL WORDS . oh just bask in the beauty of that .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What i say to you i say to all . ALWAYS TEST men . Do it daily . No human is infallible .
Too many folks be trusting in those they like or men they like to listen too .
As for trust , i dont even trust in my own flesh let alone anyone else . men can fail but CHRIST PREVAILS .
TRUST THOU IN GOD ALONE and ye shall find peace for your souls and ye shall be led on the narrow path
for all your days . Trust in men and prepare to hit a ditch .
Wise words...don’t underestimate @Eternally Grateful ...he’s a mature Christian..he ain’t a babe!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and now a friendly reminder to all .
But what if the jesus we been following aint been THE JESUS of the BIBLE , but rather
a mixture of truths and mens doctrines that has led them unto another jesus .
MANY THERE BE which have went down that road and many , many more are fast joining them now .
They have come to the love god to the love jesus , which is neither LOVE OR GOD OR CHRIST .
But they DONT KNOW THAT .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In regard to "faith without works is dead" James does not mean that faith is dead until it produces works and then it becomes a living faith, and the works are the source of life in faith. That would be like saying that a tree is dead until it produces fruit and then it becomes a living tree, and the fruit is the source of life in the tree. Something that is dead cannot produce anything.

*It takes a living faith to produce works (Ephesians 2:5-10) just as it takes a living tree to produce fruit.*

So, James is simply saying faith that is not accompanied by evidential works (bare profession of faith) demonstrates that it's dead. If someone merely says-claims they have faith, but lack resulting evidential works, (James 2:14) then they demonstrate that they have an empty profession of faith/dead faith and not authentic faith.
LOL you new age religion folks are alive and well.

That is not scripture.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and now a friendly reminder to all .
But what if the jesus we been following aint been THE JESUS of the BIBLE , but rather
a mixture of truths and mens doctrines that has led them unto another jesus .
MANY THERE BE which have went down that road and many , many more are fast joining them now .
They have come to the love god to the love jesus , which is neither LOVE OR GOD OR CHRIST .
But they DONT KNOW THAT .
As the apostle Paul stated in 2 Corinthians 11:4 - if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it!