One Lord One Faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We will feel the one Lord will have to keep an eye on all the teams to keep them playing right. He wont! He has his own team. Oh he cares but he has in place a schoolhouse for teaching so he doesn't have to watch everything that goes on in religion.

Training in the schoolhouse is perfect; The outcome of the schoolhouse is perfection. It has the perfect game plan.. it has in it the good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God.

It has in it the perfect one.. and the finals in the schoolhouse is the perfect one - Christ. The outcome you get is Christ. The two being made one. One in expression that is - oneness is recieved the moment you believed. The twain being made one! What is that in scripture.. a birth - if you have been born again you are one in Christ with Christ. That working out of you comes from training - schoolhouse!

The molding and the making of the sons of God. Now are we the sons of God! 1John 3:2.

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. - 1 John 3:2.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We will feel the one Lord will have to keep an eye on all the teams to keep them playing right. He wont! He has his own team. Oh he cares but he has in place a schoolhouse for teaching so he doesn't have to watch everything that goes on in religion.

Training in the schoolhouse is perfect; The outcome of the schoolhouse is perfection. It has the perfect game plan.. it has in it the good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God.

It has in it the perfect one.. and the finals in the schoolhouse is the perfect one - Christ. The outcome you get is Christ. The two being made one. One in expression that is - oneness is recieved the moment you believed. The twain being made one! What is that in scripture.. a birth - if you have been born again you are one in Christ with Christ. That working out of you comes from training - schoolhouse!

The molding and the making of the sons of God. Now are we the sons of God! 1John 3:2.

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. - 1 John 3:2.

Do you think the Bible identifies that one faith Mike? What Scriptures would you use to identify the faith?

Reactions: soul man

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is not really an identifier of the faith sir, but yes those who are in Christ are definitely in the faith, so do you have any more scriptures that identify the faith beyond any doubt?

Hello Robert,

For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you, that the Lord Jesus, on the night he was handed over, took bread,

and, after he had given thanks, broke it and said, "This is my body that is for you. Do this in remembrance of me."

In the same way also the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me."

For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the death of the Lord until he comes.

Therefore whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord unworthily will have to answer for the body and blood of the Lord.

A person should examine himself, and so eat the bread and drink the cup.

For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body, eats and drinks judgment on himself.

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not really an identifier of the faith sir, but yes those who are in Christ are definitely in the faith, so do you have any more scriptures that identify the faith beyond any doubt?

Christ has a faith, scripture is loaded with it!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We can identify with Christ also..

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Search the scripture for identity.. and what faith we are to live by!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Robert,

For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you, that the Lord Jesus, on the night he was handed over, took bread,

and, after he had given thanks, broke it and said, "This is my body that is for you. Do this in remembrance of me."

In the same way also the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me."

For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the death of the Lord until he comes.

Therefore whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord unworthily will have to answer for the body and blood of the Lord.

A person should examine himself, and so eat the bread and drink the cup.

For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body, eats and drinks judgment on himself.

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Many do not understand that we personally cannot choose to be in the New Covenant, God chooses those Himself. Holy spirit then begets them, and bears witness with their spirit, and they become God's children.
(Romans 8:16, 17) . . .The spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 If, then, we are children, we are also heirs—heirs indeed of God, but joint heirs with Christ—provided we suffer together so that we may also be glorified together. . .

What you may not realize is that there are two groups of sheep, those "in Christ" which are the recipients of the new covenant Luke 22:28-30. The other sheep are abundant, but are not in that covenant arrangement.

When Jesus made that covenant with them, he offered the bread and wine of the covenant only to his faithful 11, even though millions of God's people were present as they were attending the Passover celebration. Those prefigured those 2 groups of sheep sir, those of the covenant, and those who benefit by those in the covenant. Like they prefigure there is a considerable difference in the number of individuals. The other sheep are innumerable whereas the little flock is numbered at 144k, itemized by tribe in Revelation chap 7. Verse 9 gives the contrast in number Phil. Most Christians today are not in the covenant arrangement.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ has a faith, scripture is loaded with it!

He sure does Mike, and as his disciples we are to be in the same faith that he instructed us to be in. In fact, he instituted a big change among God's people while on earth, a complete changeup in how we worship God. It is such a big change that shortly after his death, people began calling God's people Christians Acts 11:26

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Many do not understand that we personally cannot choose to be in the New Covenant, God chooses those Himself

I disagree somewwhat. A covenant must be entered into willingly, although many have been brought into the covenant by their parents will, one must at some point choose to remain there, or not..

For sure the new covenant was entered into with the apostles first, but all are welcome to come to this table, that the apostles handed on to those they ordained..

If we are not eating from the One Loaf, and drinking from the One cup Jesus gave to the apostles, then where are we?

The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ?

Because the loaf of bread is one, we, though many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf.

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree somewwhat. A covenant must be entered into willingly, although many have been brought into the covenant by their parents will, one must at some point choose to remain there, or not..

For sure the new covenant was entered into with the apostles first, but all are welcome to come to this table, that the apostles handed on to those they ordained..

If we are not eating from the One Loaf, and drinking from the One cup Jesus gave to the apostles, then where are we?

The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ?

Because the loaf of bread is one, we, though many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf.

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Yes sir I agree a covenant is mutual, and no one who is selected are forced to accept it. You might keep in mind who those of the covenant are Phil, and how many are in the covenant as well as the reason for the covenant.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes sir I agree a covenant is mutual, and no one who is selected are forced to accept it.

A point of agreement is always a blessed beginning.

You might keep in mind who those of the covenant are Phil,

This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which will be shed for you.

Who are they? All who partake of the One cup, the One loaf, Jesus gave to His apostles. And all men of goodwill everywhere to whom Christ extends His mercy.

and how many are in the covenant as well as the reason for the covenant.

All are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think the Bible identifies that one faith Mike? What Scriptures would you use to identify the faith?
The epistle of Jude is written to Jewish Christians living in Jerusalem. In the opening passages, the author explains that he had initially intended to write a general letter of encouragement on the topic of “the salvation we share.” Instead, Jude explains, “I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people” (Jude 1:3).

Jude is concerned because “the faith”—the Christian message of the gospel—is under attack from false teachers who are spreading dangerous heresies. Jude urges his readers to contend for the faith against those who seek to undermine and erode it. The Greek word Jude chooses, translated “contend earnestly,” usually describes an athlete striving with extreme intensity to win the victory in a physical competition. The Amplified Bible translates the command as “fight strenuously for [the defense of] the faith.”

Jude wants all believers to contend earnestly for the faith. A true contender vigorously endeavors to win the competition, not holding anything back. In this case, the struggle is for “the faith,” which is the saving truth of Jesus Christ and His teachings (2 Corinthians 11:3–4; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; Hebrews 1:2).

Since this faith was “entrusted to God’s holy people,” all believers, not just Christian leaders, are called to defend the truth of Jesus Christ. And since this faith was entrusted “once for all,” Jude intends to stand against those who claim to receive “new” revelations of truth. Through Christ’s personal teachings and the work of the Holy Spirit, Jesus has already given the full message of truth to the apostles (John 14:26; 16:12–13). Paul gives a similar warning not to let anyone pervert the gospel of Christ with new and different teachings (Galatians 1:6–9). God has spoken, and any new, continuing, or special revelations of “truth” are to be rejected.

The two basic false teachings Jude contends with are stated in verse 4: “For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.” First, Jude opposes the false teachers in their sanctioning of immoral behavior—they “pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality.” Second, Jude calls them on their rejection of the deity of Christ—they “deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.”

The faith entrusted to God’s holy people for which they must contend is grounded in Jesus Christ. He is the Messiah, the Son of the living God (Matthew 16:16), He is God with us (Matthew 1:23), He is the Word, and He is God made flesh (John 1:1–18). This faith is expressed through holy living to which all believers are called (Leviticus 20:7; 1 Peter 1:16; Romans 6:1–14; 12:1).

Several verses in the New Testament reinforce Jude’s call to contend for the faith. Paul charges Timothy to “fight the good fight of faith” as a soldier of God in pursuit of holy living, persistent service, and defending the gospel (1 Timothy 6:11–21). To the church in Corinth, Paul advises believers to see themselves as runners in a race who “run in such a way as to get the prize” (1 Corinthians 9:24–27). To the Philippian church, Paul writes, “Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together as one for the faith of the gospel” (Philippians 1:27). Fight, run, and strive—in other words, “contend earnestly” for the faith.

In a practical sense, what does it mean to contend for the faith? What does contending for the faith look like? Fortunately, the book of Jude sets out several disciplines showing us how to contend for the faith:

1. Build yourself up in the faith (Jude 1:20). We are to keep pressing ourselves to grow spiritually. A big part of spiritual development involves reading and studying God’s Word so that we know and understand it. “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15). The inspired Word of God has the power to teach, train, rebuke, and correct us in righteousness so that as God’s servants we are wholly equipped for every good work (2 Timothy 3:16–17).

2. Pray in the Holy Spirit (Jude 1:20). By praying under the direction of the Holy Spirit, we receive help in our human weakness to understand God’s truth and not be deceived by false teachers (Romans 8:26).

3. Keep yourself in God’s love (Jude 1:21). Staying in God’s love means living by faith and obedience to God. Jesus told us, “If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love” (John 15:10). We obey God because He has captivated our hearts and won our allegiance (Romans 6:17). The ultimate expression of our obedience to God is shown through our loving others (1 John 3:11–24; 1 Peter 1:22).

4. Wait with hope (Jude 1:21). To contend for the faith, we must keep the fire of hope alive in our hearts. When Jude says to wait “expectantly for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ for eternal life,” he is referring to living every moment of life with the confident expectation that Jesus Christ may return at any moment (Titus 2:13).got questions

hope this helps !!!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A point of agreement is always a blessed beginning.

This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which will be shed for you.

Who are they? All who partake of the One cup, the One loaf, Jesus gave to His apostles. And all men of goodwill everywhere to whom Christ extends His mercy.

All are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

The Bible indicates that 144, 000 make up the number of those who are in the covenant sir. They are selected, we do not choose.