Our Part in Producing Fruit of the Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And once again, more of the us and we lying again.

Not in you, by choice.

I'm going to have make you the only person I ever put on ignore. Not just because you have no more respect for what people say, but because you've become old and tiresome in it.

Goodbye.

No problem Rob, the Bible divides sir, we expect it.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

No man can show humbleness and meekness, except we first swallow our pride.

The first works of the Spirit, that we do with our heart and spirit by faith in Jesus, is to first cleanse ourselves of all spiritual filthiness and lust, through the divine power and Spirit of Christ, that we may show the fruit of the Spirit with clean hands of a pure heart and clear conscience.

Fruit of the Spirit is not by faith alone, but can only be produced by Christ, from the good ground of those doing our spiritual part hand in hand with Jesus, to crucify lust, pride, envy, unrighteous thoughts and vain imagination for the world.

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Incorrect. Obeying the commandments gives us a greater portion of the Holy Spirit.

Fruits of the spirit are gained thru several ways and it doesn't always matter if your obeying the commandments or not. It comes from doing the will of the Father. He encourages us thru the fruits of the Holy Spirit to do these things:

1. Obeying the commandments
2. Serving our family and neighbors, less fortunate
3. Proclaiming the gospel of Christ and the Father
4. Attending church services in the capacity that you have
5. Praying
6. Reading the scriptures

There may be other things that bring the fruits of the holy spirit, but those are a few.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So it’s easy? I disagree. Dying is not easy. It’s a hard battle because your flesh works against the Sprit and you’ve been ruled by your flesh all your life. It does get easier when He calms/weans your flesh so it doesn’t rule over you mercilessly but any man who says it’s easy and not tough, I think it’s impossible that he has even picked up his cross to begin with. I wont be reading your angry tirade in response. I only say this for any other it may help.
You are speaking of trying to crucify your old life without first being born again. Being born again and created a new and living soul is exactly that: there is no such thing as 'all your life' before.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

People speaking from their own unrenewed natural mindedness, don't speak by Scripture: the word of God is not born within their hearts and minds.

Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Incorrect. Obeying the commandments gives us a greater portion of the Holy Spirit.

Fruits of the spirit are gained thru several ways and it doesn't always matter if your obeying the commandments or not. It comes from doing the will of the Father. He encourages us thru the fruits of the Holy Spirit to do these things:

1. Obeying the commandments
2. Serving our family and neighbors, less fortunate
3. Proclaiming the gospel of Christ and the Father
4. Attending church services in the capacity that you have
5. Praying
6. Reading the scriptures

There may be other things that bring the fruits of the holy spirit, but those are a few.
You are making a distinction without a difference: The truth is as you say, we do our part to produce the fruit of the Spirit inwardly and outwardly.

Someone not obeying God and sinning with the devil, has no Spirit of Christ, much less His fruit.

No one can be both good and evil at the same time:

Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

Our part in being saved and producing fruit of the Spirit, is to add to our faith in Christ.

For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We must add these things to produce the fruit of the Spirit while knowing and abiding with Jesus. It has nothing to do with hard work, but only necessary working of faith hand in hand with the Spirit and Jesus Christ.

But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall.

We do our part to produce fruit of the Spirit, or we remain blind without a sure calling and election. No surprise that those who speak of having faith alone, are also the ones always talking about falling.

For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

We do not even enter into God's kingdom, until we do our part in adding to our faith in Him the spiritual work of virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, godly living, loving the brethren and charity towards our neighbors.

Faith with these works is the only faith that saves and produces fruit of the Spirit within and outwardly. Faith alone without these works saves no man, being alone and dead and barren and unfruitful.

The natural minded Christian that thinks spiritual fruit is produced naturally, is only doing what comes natural, and does no spiritual work to ensure it. The live by the feelings of faith alone. They only do what they feel like doing at the time.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

Our part in being saved and producing fruit of the Spirit, is to add to our faith in Christ.

For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We must add these things to produce the fruit of the Spirit while knowing and abiding with Jesus. It has nothing to do with hard work, but only necessary working of faith hand in hand with the Spirit and Jesus Christ.

But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall.

We do our part to produce fruit of the Spirit, or we remain blind without a sure calling and election. No surprise that those who speak of having faith alone, are also the ones always talking about falling.

For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

We do not even enter into God's kingdom, until we do our part in adding to our faith in Him the spiritual work of virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, godly living, loving the brethren and charity towards our neighbors.

Faith with these works is the only faith that saves and produces fruit of the Spirit within and outwardly. Faith alone without these works saves no man, being alone and dead and barren and unfruitful.

The natural minded Christian that thinks spiritual fruit is produced naturally, is only doing what comes natural, and does no spiritual work to ensure it. The live by the feelings of faith alone. They only do what they feel like doing at the time.
@robert derrick All those good things in the life of the believer are the fruit of the Spirit in any case (Galatians).

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@robert derrick All those good things in the life of the believer are the fruit of the Spirit in any case (Galatians).
False. Not in any case where these things are not done to add to our faith:

But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall.

These things are only in the case of them that do it, in order to have the fruit of the Spirit, and not be unfruitful.

No one has the fruit of the spirit, until these things are added to faith, but doing the word as written.

All faith alone is dead, whether it be works of faith or fruit of the Spirit.

No man is humble in word nor deed, until he crucifies pride within the soul.