Our Part in Producing Fruit of the Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

No man can show humbleness and meekness, except we first swallow our pride.

The first works of the Spirit, that we do with our heart and spirit by faith in Jesus, is to first cleanse ourselves of all spiritual filthiness and lust, through the divine power and Spirit of Christ, that we may show the fruit of the Spirit with clean hands of a pure heart and clear conscience.

Fruit of the Spirit is not by faith alone, but can only be produced by Christ, from the good ground of those doing our spiritual part hand in hand with Jesus, to crucify lust, pride, envy, unrighteous thoughts and vain imagination for the world.

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Reactions: Nancy and Wynona

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing natural about spiritual fruit, nor anything spiritually produced, that is not tilled by us from the ground up:

For thus saith the LORD to the men of Judah and Jerusalem, Break up your fallow ground, and sow not among thorns.

Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.

All fruit of the Spirit is produced spiritually from within by our working of faith with Christ, and it does not come from a ground dead with faith alone, that does nothing to destroy the spiritual works of the devil within.

For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience: In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.

But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

We must cast down and put away these filthy things of the spirit with Jesus' help of grace, that the fruit of His Spirit may be seen of all men and glorify Christ working in and with us.

Reactions: Nancy and Wynona

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

The first works of the Spirit, that we do with our heart and spirit by faith in Jesus, is to first cleanse ourselves of all spiritual filthiness and lust, through the divine power and Spirit of Christ, that we may show the fruit of the Spirit with clean hands of a pure heart and clear conscience.

Fruit of the Spirit is not by faith alone, but can only be produced by Christ, from the good ground of those doing our spiritual part hand in hand with Jesus, to crucify lust, pride, envy, unrighteous thoughts and vain imagination for the world.

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

It is tough isn't it Robert? Can we do it sir? To a degree, but to that same degree at times all of us exhibit the qualities found just previous in the Bible sir.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is tough isn't it Robert? Can we do it sir? To a degree, but to that same degree at times all of us exhibit the qualities found just previous in the Bible sir.
It's only tough when you don't know and have Jesus Christ dwelling in you, but is just some defied hero god far away on Mt Olympus.

Once again with the 'we' business. Why don't people have at least enough decency to speak for themselves, when trying to justify themselves?

Trying to believe everyone else is doing it, doesn't stop the flood from drowning those that are doing it.

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This means that we must first do a first work of humbling our pride so we can have the humility to confess from the heart and be forgiven? Isn't this pretty much a given? Everyone knows that no one asks to be forgiven of anything, unless they first swallow their pride and admit they were wrong. Why should it be any different with our Lord Jesus? I know I had to do so when I first wanted to be forgiven rather than continue running around with the devil. But we must first have faith to do that.

But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. (Hebrews 11.6)

We must first have faith to do the faith. And you are saying we must have first works of faith to have faith? If we have faith to come to God to be forgiven by Him then we must have the first work of humbling ourselves to do it with humility? We certainly must confess from the heart with humility and not pride to be forgiven and saved by Jesus. I see no problem with including these first works of faith to be saved by since they must be there to confess with humbleness and be forgiven by. And since the Bible talks about these first works then why not be those as you describe as the inner first works of our inner faith.

Frankly I don't see why anyone would have such a problem with the fact that we must humble ourselves within in order to be humble in life. That also is a given. Anyone would agree with that unless someone has some sort of special teaching that must deny common sense. This is why I stopped allowing teachings to influence my life unless they show me how to do better with Jesus. As a military man I know that we must control ourselves to fight more effectively and that starts with having control over our emptions and mind. That would be the first works of success in any profession.

He is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. (James 1.8)

Reactions: robert derrick

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's only tough when you don't know and have Jesus Christ dwelling in you, but is just some defied hero god far away on Mt Olympus.

Once again with the 'we' business. Why don't people have at least enough decency to speak for themselves, when trying to justify themselves?

Trying to believe everyone else is doing it, doesn't stop the flood from drowning those that are doing it.
Ahh not Mars the red planet pretty cool

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Last time I checked sir, Jesus resided in heaven, not in us.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last time I checked sir, Jesus resided in heaven, not in us.
And once again, more of the us and we lying again.

Not in you, by choice.

I'm going to have make you the only person I ever put on ignore. Not just because you have no more respect for what people say, but because you've become old and tiresome in it.

Goodbye.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Does the fruit of the Spirit include blaming others?

Reactions: mailmandan

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the fruit of the Spirit include blaming others?
You tell me. You're the one making some sort of cjildish accusation.

Look, you are obviously bound up in the bond of bitterness, because you reject the truth.

You need to either address the teaching as written, and show any error in it, or move on, because I tire of childish poutiness quickly.

And if you can correct me scripturally with sound reasoning, then I'll thank you for it.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You tell me. You're the one making some sort of cjildish accusation.

Look, you are obviously bound up in the bond of bitterness, because you reject the truth.

You need to either address the teaching as written, and show any error in it, or move on, because I tire of childish poutiness quickly.

And if you can correct me scripturally with sound reasoning, then I'll thank you for it.
Robert, my question to you is not childish in the least. I address it to you because your posts are full of blaming others yet you speak of the fruits of the Spirit.

Here you attempt to do the same by the accusation of me being in the bond of wickedness and rejecting the truth.

Wake up Man; projecting ones own inadequacies on the innocent is the flagship of Satans Kingdom!!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert, my question to you is not childish in the least. I address it to you because your posts are full of blaming others yet you speak of the fruits of the Spirit.

Here you attempt to do the same by the accusation of me being in the bond of wickedness and rejecting the truth.

Wake up Man; projecting ones own inadequacies on the innocent is the flagship of Satans Kingdom!!

Tell it to Jesus and the Baptist:

Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Frankly I don't see why anyone would have such a problem with the fact that we must humble ourselves within in order to be humble in life.
Spirituality 101: Embrace Humility/Reject Pride

That's why it is so difficult. Pride. Insidious pride. I recall a quote from Ted Turner, "If it weren't for pride, I'd be perfect." Indeed.

Jesus says his yolk is light. True but his yolk is not non-existent. Humility is the gateway to having a spiritual life, the price to pay to spiritually mature. And for many, it is too high a price to pay; maybe not in theory but in practice.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having no part in our Salvation, is a lie for babies that never grow: Even fruit of the Spirit requires work on our part.

Some Christians talk about 'naturally' producing the fruit of the Spirit, when there's nothing natural about producing spiritual things.

It is the natural man that receives not the things of the Spirit, nor works with Christ to have and produce them.

It is the commanded work of every soul, beginning with loving God with all the heart and soul and mind, to spiritually resist the things of the devil within, that we may produce the things of God hand in hand with the Lord.

Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

The false doctrine of spiritual fruit being produced naturally, is the natural theology of secular humanism: It teaches Christians to do only that which comes natural to them, and so does not require a sacrifice nor fight on their own part within.

They will no doubt sacrifice their time, but they will not offer up the spiritual sacrifices within, that is the real working of faith we must do, to purify and cleanse the heart and spirit.

That is why their life remains both good and evil: they do good when they feel like, and let evil be done when they don't feel like. They make for decent neighbors, but never become righteous sons and saints of God.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

It's the natural version of ungrown Christianity.

For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

We are commanded and ordained to bear fruit: We do it by spiritually abiding with Jesus within.

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

God can produce nothing without us, and we can produce nothing without Jesus.

If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

If we do not our part with Jesus, then we will have no part in His kingdom and resurrection.

We either begin doing His word within, or His word of faith is taken away from us:

And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

Babes in Christ, that refuse to grow up and do their part to be fed and work and walk with Jesus, become still born and dead to Christ.

Jesus does not carry around silly children, that say they have no part in being saved, so that Jesus' must continually burp them, change their soiled diapers, and carry them across the finish line.

This is why they say they have already won the race, because they refuse to do their part in running it.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Amen and well said!

IMG_1371.JPG

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show us the nail prints in your wrists, and the stripes on your back...

You dont have any?
Right.
Thats because you have no part in your salvation., deceiver.
You cannot see them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The natural man has not the Spirit, and natural Christians only give lip service to the His fruit.

They do not even acknowledge the things of the Spirit within, because they refuse to do the spiritual work of faith, that we all must do to cleanse ourselves within, that we may live wholly clean without.

These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

Thomas demanded to see the prints of the nails in Jesus' body, because he was unbelieving in the things of the Spirit and His resurrection.

Natural theology of ungrown Christianity have no prints of nails, because they have not spiritually crucified the old man and life of sinning with the flesh.

Those that claim a salvation of their own, that they take no part in, other than to talk childishly about it, have only their own salvation by vain imagination alone: faith alone is dead, because it is only imagined smoke without spiritual fire within.

So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

The only fruit of their lips they show, is that of self-righteous error and accusation against them doing righteousness spiritually within first, and outwardly in the flesh.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

We are commanded to do the good work of spiritually building up ourselves upon the faith within, by purging ourselves of lust in the heart.

We keep ourselves in the love of God, by continually cleansing our renewed minds from spiritual filth.

This is our part in working out our own salvation, that we must do or die spiritually to God and His fellowship in Christ Jesus:

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

The natural Christian that does no such work to be spiritually built up in Christ, has their own faith alone, that is neither holy nor alive, but is a dead corpse within.

The natural theology of man slothfully waiting to show fruit naturally grown of itself, that does no work in our own spiritual soil, is neighborly Phariseeism: they show some good from time to time in the flesh, while also showing some evil from a whole spirit and heart remaining filthy with lust.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's only tough when you don't know and have Jesus Christ dwelling in you

So it’s easy? I disagree. Dying is not easy. It’s a hard battle because your flesh works against the Sprit and you’ve been ruled by your flesh all your life. It does get easier when He calms/weans your flesh so it doesn’t rule over you mercilessly but any man who says it’s easy and not tough, I think it’s impossible that he has even picked up his cross to begin with. I wont be reading your angry tirade in response. I only say this for any other it may help.