Parable Of The Ten Virgins, Parable Of The Talents, Judgements Of The Gentiles

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Monday 3-25-24 2nd Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Adar II Day 14 5784 7th. Day of Spring

Matthew 25

Parable Of The Ten Virgins

1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Parable Of The Talents

14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.

17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.

18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.

19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.

20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.

21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.

23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:

25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.

26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:

27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.

29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Judgements Of The Gentiles

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Love, Walter And Debbie

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wording of the five foolish virgins in our text is all too familiar to the reader of Matthew’s Gospel: Matthew 25:11 - "Later, the other virgins came too, saying, ‘Lord, lord! Let us in!’ 12 But he replied, ‘I tell you the truth, I do not know you!"

Matthew 7:21 - "Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of heaven" but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven - (See John 6:40). 22 On that day, many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, and in your name cast out demons and do many powerful works?’ 23 Then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you. Go away from me, you lawbreakers!’ (Matthew 7:21-23)

Taking Matthew’s words literally, I read that the difference between the foolish virgins and the wise virgins: The wise virgins had oil for their lamps, while the foolish virgins did not. The wise virgins had the opportunity to obtain oil, and did so. The foolish virgins had plenty of opportunity to procure oil, but did not. It's possible to be in close contact with Christ, and with Christians, and yet not be saved. I am reminded of a similar passage in the Gospel of Luke:

Luke 13:23 Someone asked him, "Lord, will only a few be saved?" So he said to them, 24 "Exert every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25 Once the head of the house gets up and shuts the door, then you will stand outside and start to knock on the door and beg him, ‘Lord, let us in!’ But he will answer you, ‘I don’t know where you come from.’ 26 Then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in your presence, and you taught in our streets.’ 27 But he will reply, ‘I don’t know where you come from! Go away from me, all you evildoers!’ 28 There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when you see Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and all the prophets in the kingdom of God but you yourselves thrown out. 29 Then people will come from east and west, and from north and south, and take their places at the banquet table in the kingdom of God. 30 But indeed, some are last who will be first, and some are first who will be last."

Jesus may indeed be warning us in this parable that there will be a number of people who look like Christians, who associate with Christians, and who even think they are Christians, who will be shocked to learn that they are not saved at the return of our Lord and Christ never knew them. What a sobering thought!

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Monday 3-25-24 2nd Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Adar II Day 14 5784 7th. Day of Spring

Matthew 25

Parable Of The Ten Virgins

1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Parable Of The Talents

14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.

17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.

18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.

19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.

20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.

21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.

23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:

25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.

26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:

27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.

29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Judgements Of The Gentiles

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Love, Walter And Debbie
Two different gatherings.
In the virgins only half are gathered.
That is the pretrib rapture

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What we have in Matt 25 are three parable that paint a picture for us of what will be occurring at the beginning of the seventh age, what will be happening near the end of the seventh age, and what will be happening between these two events during the majority of the seventh age.

Any other understanding is reading more into what we are being told.

As for the "pretrib" rapture being hinted at in the first parable is ludicrous to say the least.

I think that @walter and Debbie's response of a "?" is the only response than any "Christian" can make in the circumstance in light of the fact that we do not know the hour or the day in which the Lord will return.

As a comment on the parable of the Talents and also the Parable of the Minas in Luke, these two parables are telling us what Satan is planning to happen after he is judged and imprisoned in Isaiah 24:21-22, which from my understanding is what happens around the time of the start of the seventh age or the end of the sixth age, which will occur from my study of the scriptures in around about 20 years' time from now.

From the Book of Eziekiel in the Old Testament, I do know that the beasts of the field will be removed from the face of the field so that there will be peace on the earth from the removed beasts, who are the fallen heavenly hosts who are judged. If this is the case, then why is there a need for the Pre-trib Rapture in our near future?

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What we have in Matt 25 are three parable that paint a picture for us of what will be occurring at the beginning of the seventh age, what will be happening near the end of the seventh age, and what will be happening between these two events during the majority of the seventh age.

As for the "pretrib" rapture being hinted at in the first parable is ludicrous to say the least.

I think that @walter and Debbie's response of a "?" is the only response than any "Christian" can make in the circumstance in light of the fact that we do not know the hour or the day in which the Lord will return.

As a comment on the parable of the Talents and also the Parable of the Minas in Luke, these two parables are telling us what Satan is planning to happen after he is judged and imprisoned in Isaiah 24:21-22, which from my understanding is what happens around the time of the start of the seventh age or the end of the sixth age, which will occur from my study of the scriptures in around about 20 years' time from now.

From the Book of Eziekiel in the Old Testament, I do know that the beasts of the field will be removed from the face of the field so that there will be peace on the earth from the removed beasts, who are the fallen heavenly hosts who are judged. If this is the case, then why is there a need for the Pre-trib Rapture in our near future?
Thank you Jay Ross.

Love, Walter

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

From the Book of Eziekiel in the Old Testament, I do know that the beasts of the field will be removed from the face of the field so that there will be peace on the earth from the removed beasts, who are the fallen heavenly hosts who are judged. If this is the case, then why is there a need for the Pre-trib raptuure in our near futture?
Mat 24 &25 are not one dimension .
The virgin parable is a vivid depiction by Jesus of the pretrib rapture.
When you omit the pretrib rapture verses then your theory makes mental sense to you.
Throughout the NT we see the bride/groom dynamic....we see harvest...we see gatherings
The last supper depicts the Jewish betrothal And in rev 19 the bride has become the wife in heaven.
All on this board have left out the bride/groom dynamic.
It reminds me of preaching the cross without the resurrection.( we see this often, and is sad)
Shallow and one dimensional.
Only a very few here have included the main ingredient of end times ,and the actual prism of heaven, which is the gathering of the bride, and the marriage in heaven.
So many doctrines of omission
Sad

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you Jay Ross.

Love, Walter
he left out the rapture.
The wording of the five foolish virgins in our text is all too familiar to the reader of Matthew’s Gospel: Matthew 25:11 - "Later, the other virgins came too, saying, ‘Lord, lord! Let us in!’ 12 But he replied, ‘I tell you the truth, I do not know you!"

Matthew 7:21 - "Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of heaven" but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven - (See John 6:40). 22 On that day, many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, and in your name cast out demons and do many powerful works?’ 23 Then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you. Go away from me, you lawbreakers!’ (Matthew 7:21-23)

Taking Matthew’s words literally, I read that the difference between the foolish virgins and the wise virgins: The wise virgins had oil for their lamps, while the foolish virgins did not. The wise virgins had the opportunity to obtain oil, and did so. The foolish virgins had plenty of opportunity to procure oil, but did not. It's possible to be in close contact with Christ, and with Christians, and yet not be saved. I am reminded of a similar passage in the Gospel of Luke:

Luke 13:23 Someone asked him, "Lord, will only a few be saved?" So he said to them, 24 "Exert every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25 Once the head of the house gets up and shuts the door, then you will stand outside and start to knock on the door and beg him, ‘Lord, let us in!’ But he will answer you, ‘I don’t know where you come from.’ 26 Then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in your presence, and you taught in our streets.’ 27 But he will reply, ‘I don’t know where you come from! Go away from me, all you evildoers!’ 28 There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when you see Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and all the prophets in the kingdom of God but you yourselves thrown out. 29 Then people will come from east and west, and from north and south, and take their places at the banquet table in the kingdom of God. 30 But indeed, some are last who will be first, and some are first who will be last."

Jesus may indeed be warning us in this parable that there will be a number of people who look like Christians, who associate with Christians, and who even think they are Christians, who will be shocked to learn that they are not saved at the return of our Lord and Christ never knew them. What a sobering thought!
All 10 were saved blood bought believers.
Salvation doesn't "run out"
Salvation doesn't come and go ,via lack of oil or plenty.
All 10 were virgins = equals pure holy, undefiled, set apart, innocent.
All 10 had oil= the Holy Spirit.
All 10 were looking for and focused on Jesus return.
All 10 had lamps.= the word and light
All 10 had flames = illumination and Gods presence.
All 10 were saved. Vividly saved.
Only 5 were intimate.
5 foolish go through the trib AMD are beheaded by the AC.( the wedding door was shut, not a presumed salvation door).
That is the innumerable number of martyrs.
That is WHY their robes were "dirty"

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
he left out the rapture.

All 10 were saved blood bought believers.
Salvation doesn't "run out"
Salvation doesn't come and go ,via lack of oil or plenty.
All 10 were virgins = equals pure holy, undefiled, set apart, innocent.
All 10 had oil= the Holy Spirit.
All 10 were looking for and focused on Jesus return.
All 10 had lamps.= the word and light
All 10 had flames = illumination and Gods presence.
All 10 were saved. Vividly saved.
Only 5 were intimate.
5 foolish go through the trib AMD are beheaded by the AC.( the wedding door was shut, not a presumed salvation door).
That is the innumerable number of martyrs.
That is WHY their robes were "dirty"

You are reading more into the two chapters with the bias of the pre-trib rapture theology

Rev 20 suggests that around the time of the Judgement of the Hevenly Hosts and the Kings of the earth, that there is a resurrection of the Saints that will have been beheaded because of their faith and who will not have received the mark of the Beast/Satan. This will occur around the time of the end of this present sixth age or the start of the Seventh Age, and we are told that the rest of the dead will wait until the end of the seventh age.

Now in scripture we are told that everybody who lives through the seventh age will pass through the fire of refinement to remove the dross of the impurities from us that we may be harbouring within us.

@rebuilder 454, you may want to be raptured before the Great Tribulation, but I welcome this event so that I, if still alive at that time, can be refined by God so that I can receive my inheritance at the time of my judgement.

Now if I should die at any time so that God's Glory can be observed in and through me, then so be it as that to me is an honour that God is bestowing upon me because of my intimate relationship with Him. There is nothing that I should fear, if I am in a right relationship with God.

My dependence on the Pre-trib rapture to take me out of the pathway of the Great Tribulation, if I should be living during that time, demonstrates that I trust more in that false theology than in God and am not secure in my relationship with God.

For me I will be blessed by God because of where I draw my nourishment from. I am choosing to send my roots down into God's prepared fertile field to live my days firmly connect with God's source of righteousness.

Everybody has to determine how secure their relationship with God is and live with the consequences of the choices that they may make along the journey of their life.

May the Lord still continue to draw you to Himself and refine you with trials and tribulations while you are still able to draw breath to keep making the decision to trust Him in all things and in all circumstances.

Shalom

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are reading more into the two chapters with the bias of the pre-trib rapture theology

Rev 20 suggests that around the time of the Judgement of the Hevenly Hosts and the Kings of the earth, that there is a resurrection of the Saints that will have been beheaded because of their faith and who will not have received the mark of the Beast/Satan. This will occur around the time of the end of this present sixth age or the start of the Seventh Age, and we are told that the rest of the dead will wait until the end of the seventh age.

Now in scripture we are told that everybody who lives through the seventh age will pass through the fire of refinement to remove the dross of the impurities from us that we may be harbouring within us.

@rebuilder 454, you may want to be raptured before the Great Tribulation, but I welcome this event so that I, if still alive at that time, can be refined by God so that I can receive my inheritance at the time of my judgement.

Now if I should die at any time so that God's Glory can be observed in and through me, then so be it as that to me is an honour that God is bestowing upon me because of my intimate relationship with Him. There is nothing that I should fear, if I am in a right relationship with God.

My dependence on the Pre-trib rapture to take me out of the pathway of the Great Tribulation, if I should be living during that time, demonstrates that I trust more in that false theology than in God and am not secure in my relationship with God.

For me I will be blessed by God because of where I draw my nourishment from. I am choosing to send my roots down into God's prepared fertile field to live my days firmly connect with God's source of righteousness.

Everybody has to determine how secure their relationship with God is and live with the consequences of the choices that they may make along the journey of their life.

May the Lord still continue to draw you to Himself and refine you with trials and tribulations while you are still able to draw breath to keep making the decision to trust Him in all things and in all circumstances.

Shalom
Things are not one dimensional.
People going through trials in no way voids the great trib as unique and future.
To you it is pure baloney that Jesus took Lot away pre judgement.
You also can not discern The words of Jesus that he SAID his return would be pre judgement ,and vividly described to you that very dynamic USING TWO PREJUDGEMENT DYNAMICS WITH LOT AND NOAH.
It appears you think Jesus also has an inferior relationship with God as he SAYS he comes prejudgement ...AND .....YES...REMOVES his people.
The baby Jesus was REMOVED BEFORE Herod tribulation.
God both delivers "from" and saves "in" tribulation OR WRATH.
So stop accusing the brethren of bei g inferior to yourself

Oh the irony of postribs blowing off the bible then doing an essay on how they are superior.
SMH

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Things are not one dimensional.
People going through trials in no way voids the great trib as unique and future.
To you it is pure baloney that Jesus took Lot away pre judgement.
You also can not discern The words of Jesus that he SAID his return would be pre judgement ,and vividly described to you that very dynamic USING TWO PREJUDGEMENT DYNAMICS WITH LOT AND NOAH.
It appears you think Jesus also has an inferior relationship with God as he SAYS he comes prejudgement ...AND .....YES...REMOVES his people.
The baby Jesus was REMOVED BEFORE Herod tribulation.
God both delivers "from" and saves "in" tribulation OR WRATH.
So stop accusing the brethren of bei g inferior to yourself

Oh the irony of postribs blowing off the bible then doing an essay on how they are superior.
SMH

All that you have presented here is your opinion whether taught or self-determined.

Please provide the evidence to what you have written so that I can consider whether or not what you claim is justified.

Goodbye

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All that you have presented here is your opinion whether taught or self-determined.

Please provide the evidence to what you have written so that I can consider whether or not what you claim is justified.

Goodbye
The baby Jesus removed is not my opinion.
His life was spared via removal.
Lot removed is not my opinion.
It is a fact his life was saved via removal.
Saying it is my opinion is a dodge .

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"""As for the "pretrib" rapture being hinted at in the first parable is ludicrous to say the least."""
This is your conclusion.
....and has no investigation of the virgins parable.
Just a conclusion.
The virgin parable is a vivid depiction of the pre tribulation rapture. The bridegroom is obviously Jesus. The 10 virgins are obviously the church.
a virgin is pure undefiled set apart.
The wise and the foolish all had lamps they all had oil they all had light they were all waiting for Jesus and in the setting we see it is peacetime and normal life. The bridegroom comes and immediately takes the wise virgins into the wedding chamber. This is also a parallel at the Last Supper, which is a depiction of the betrothal.