Parent entitlement

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David2u

Jan 8, 2021
Bloomington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, and HELP,

I was incensed with and scolding an adult male (let’s call him ‘Jim’) for talking to and telling a young child, not his own, that they should not believe their parents because their parents lie to them about god in order to control and manipulate them.

What follows is a reaction from another upon hearing my comments to ‘Jim.’

Your understandings and ideas in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and may our Lord bless and guide your comments. Amen

1/8/21

Stranger: I tell children not to listen to Christian parents too.

Because telling a child that they MUST ‘worship’ a god that slaughters innocent children – or they themselves will be tortured for eternity..

..is quite simply, child abuse

I tell the children they have to examine evidence, reason, sanity.

And above all, never let anyone tell them to ‘believe, because I told you so’

Or worse ‘believe, or you’ll get tortured’

*shrugs, which is exactly what god promises – brainless sheep, mindlessly and thoughtlessly regurgitating bronze age dogma, without a single intelligent thought in their head.

David – it’s your cue to tell people how evil I am – then you can get back to pushing the virtues of a god that tortures people.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Id talk to the parents and not even encourage the conversation, especially if the child is around.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, and HELP,

I was incensed with and scolding an adult male (let’s call him ‘Jim’) for talking to and telling a young child, not his own, that they should not believe their parents because their parents lie to them about god in order to control and manipulate them.

What follows is a reaction from another upon hearing my comments to ‘Jim.’

Your understandings and ideas in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and may our Lord bless and guide your comments. Amen

1/8/21

Stranger: I tell children not to listen to Christian parents too.

Because telling a child that they MUST ‘worship’ a god that slaughters innocent children – or they themselves will be tortured for eternity..

..is quite simply, child abuse

I tell the children they have to examine evidence, reason, sanity.

And above all, never let anyone tell them to ‘believe, because I told you so’

Or worse ‘believe, or you’ll get tortured’

*shrugs, which is exactly what god promises – brainless sheep, mindlessly and thoughtlessly regurgitating bronze age dogma, without a single intelligent thought in their head.

David – it’s your cue to tell people how evil I am – then you can get back to pushing the virtues of a god that tortures people.

Not even sure what he's talking about "slaughtering innocent children" but sounds like to me that he was pushing the old ignorant idea that God thoughtlessly murdered people who didn't believe in him, when it's actually the part where God put an end to people sacrificing their children to Molech, murdering all over the place, worshipping false gods, engaging in unspeakable acts with animals and so on.

They were given thousands of years to change and you'd feel as bad for them as you would Hitler.

Anyway, I'd forgive him, pray for him, and let it go. All you can do is be an example and I'm a strong believer in not throwing your pearls to swine. (Matt 7:6) There are some people whose minds cannot easily be changed and you can only trust God with their hearts.