Patriarch Bartholomew... Catholicism is our sister church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother Bart in the video below correctly calls the Catholic church a sister church. Bingo! That is because seven churches in Revelation makes up the entire church!

Ephesus - Apostolic - Apostle Paul records all Asia as having forsaken him
Smyrna - Early Orthodox - Martyr - Foxes has the persecutions as ten
Pergamos - Orthodox... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholic - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestant - A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Materialistic - Rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing?

We are all sister churches! And we all have our ups and our downs. I prefer the Wesleyan doctrine in which the Lord said to the Philadelphians, "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out:" Which is our biggest fault, we are in and out of revival.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvPbPhesoLA

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
The Roman church professes to be "christian" but is the false prophet church Jesus refers to in Matthew 24, and Apostle John refers to as an "antichrist"...please refer to Revelation 17 for confirmation of this..The Roman church is referred to as a harlot, and the protestant churches as her daughters..why? Because they do not follow God's word in the Bible, and decided to invent their own Holy days, and follow their own pagan based traditions and not the word of God..

Remember salvation is through the Son of God, His grace and commandments, and NOT the sun god/satan and his days of sunday, dec 25th and easter..all of which are non Biblical and pagan based.

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Yawn.

Please, try to find a real church whose central doctrine is something other than "What's wrong with them KATHlicks" and "Why we're so much smarter and holier than everyone else." ^_^

<<The Roman church is referred to as a harlot, and the protestant churches as her daughters..>>

That's pretty much everyone in this forum.

Maybe you shouldn't be hanging out with all of us harlots. You could get defiled! Oh MY! :huh:

Doug_E_Fresh

gяελ нατ jεsμs ƒяεακ
Dec 7, 2013
Pennsylvania
dswdoctrine.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I'm going to say is, you need to be exegetical when reading revelation. not eisegetical. Don't look at the world around you and say "this fits revelation" or you're going to be misled by people. The reason I say this is, you're relating historical churches to what you think they are today. However, "materialistic" isn't a church and "Wesleyan" is part of Protestant.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Usually those placing the churches these ways put their "church" in Philidelphia...

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe that there are notable differences in the last four churches...

Thyatira - Catholic - Liturgy - Structure with the Pope as the head of the church
Sardis - Protestant - Doctrine
Philadelphia - Wesleyan - Emotional
Laodicea - Charismatic - Materialistic

My dad attends a Lutheran church. He also goes to more 'Spirit filled' churches from time to time. My dad wants the Lutheran church he attends to get more emotionally involved. I keep telling him that the Sardisean church normally avoids things emotional. I would council not to go to a church and attempt to instigate such changes. I do attend Baptist churches from time to time and have supported Falwell's Liberty University and TRBC campaigns. But if I were going to Liberty I would understand that this is a Sardisean based church and would not attempt to push my Pentecostal / Wesleyan ways over on them.

I saw both my mother and grandmother through the valley of the shadow of death and the whole time that is all I heard were topics on my period of 'increase.' The only gospel channel the hospital had was David Cerullo's (who built for himself a $4 million dollar luxury home) INSP network. I do not mind the occasional message on prosperity but my goodness the bible has more to say to us than getting rich! If I hear the word 'increase' one more time I believe I will get sick to my stomach!

As Laodicea gets overly wild on thier prosperity message I look for the Orhtodox and Catholic churches to benefit.

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
rockytopva said:
Brother Bart in the video below correctly calls the Catholic church a sister church. Bingo! That is because seven churches in Revelation makes up the entire church!

We are all sister churches! And we all have our ups and our downs.
That's right.

Now if we could just get everyone to play nicely with their brothers and sisters instead of the endless bickering about things we don't understand, then, maybe, we could quit annoying our father ...... and then he wouldn't have to spank us. :)