Paul’s question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul asks this question;

Galatians 3:2 (NASB)
This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

The answer was given as;

Galatians 3:3 (NASB)
Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?

Forever answering the question of how one did receive and will continue to grow in Christ.

“By the hearing with faith.”

This is the one and only way to grow in Christ, all other “learning” is but a work of the flesh and trying to establish a righteousness of one’s own. Only that which is birthed in us by the Spirit of Christ is Christ being formed in us. All other “learning” is a carnal understanding of scripture and is devoid of any true spiritual understanding. For all true understanding of scripture has to come from the Christ that is formed in us or it will remain forever only a human understanding of words.

Faith in the promises of God to be made partakers of the Divine Nature, is alone the way of salvation and it is through faith alone that is the way this Divine Nature can be grown. And the growing of it, is the fruit spoken of in scripture as the fruit of the Spirit. And the fruit itself is the works spoken of by James as proof of one’s faith.

This Divine Nature come to birth in us is our salvation. The “how” of the growing of this Divine Nature is the question Paul was answering.

“One thing I want to know from you.”

Making this question the question of questions when it comes to whether our salvation is by faith.

“How did you receive the Spirit, by the works of the law or by the hearing of faith?”

The answer was given as;

“are you so foolish”.

Let us not follow suit, but go to God with an open heart, and truly ask just want He is meaning to portray here, and we will find He is not hiding anything, and is truly putting forth it is by faith in the operation of God in the soul of man is how our salvation is to be made manifest in us.... A ever present moment by moment hope, in His ever present love. For the salvation we have in Christ is a great one indeed, it all comes through Christ really and truly manifesting His Nature and life moment by moment each and every day in us and it all comes through the faith of the heart turned towards God.

For it comes down to this simple thought;

How can a created being form their Creator in themselves? The answer is they can’t. It has to be done for them, they can play no part whatsoever. But they can desire it and wait patiently before their Creator, that their Creator might fulfill His promises in them, that as scripture says;...that they can walk in newness of life. For;

The just shall live by faith”.

For it is the faith in the operation of God in the soul as a ever present manifestation of the Life of Christ in us that is our salvation in Christ.

Take this question of Paul’s before God and ask Him the answer. For joy, freedom, blessings and hope await the soul that does.

So as Paul said, blessings to all that would walk by this rule.

Much love in Christ, Not me

Last edited:
Reactions: John Caldwell

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
yet all will be judged for their works done while in the body, whether good or evil, Not me, and your use of the Hegelian dialectic alone is an indication that you have not changed your mind, and become like a little child, not that i can talk much, prolly strictly faking it myself

Reactions: faithfulness

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul asks this question;

Galatians 3:2 (NASB)
This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

The answer was given as;

Galatians 3:3 (NASB)
Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?

Forever answering the question of how one did receive and will continue to grow in Christ.

“By the hearing with faith.”

This is the one and only way to grow in Christ, all other “learning” is but a work of the flesh and trying to establish a righteousness of one’s own.
But you have failed to consider or mention this:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

The growth that occurs within us happens, if it does happen, because we are led by and are following the Holy Ghost. If we are not obedient to the Holy Ghost in us, that is the quenching of the Spirit that Paul warned us against. [I Thess 5:19]
If it was not possible for us to quench the Spirit, he would not have warned us! When we do quench the Holy Spirit in us then we are back to that working alone in and with our flesh which leads back to the death from which we came.

This Divine Nature come to birth in us is our salvation. The “how” of the growing of this Divine Nature is the question Paul was answering.
Correction: the Divine Nature [the Holy Spirit in us] if allowed to work in us [not quenched] will lead us to final salvation if we endure and allow that Spirit to work in us until the end of our course [when they shovel the dirt on our faces].

Reactions: John Caldwell

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you have failed to consider or mention this:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

The growth that occurs within us happens, if it does happen, because we are led by and are following the Holy Ghost. If we are not obedient to the Holy Ghost in us, that is the quenching of the Spirit that Paul warned us against. [I Thess 5:19]
If it was not possible for us to quench the Spirit, he would not have warned us! When we do quench the Holy Spirit in us then we are back to that working alone in and with our flesh which leads back to the death from which we came.

Correction: the Divine Nature [the Holy Spirit in us] if allowed to work in us [not quenched] will lead us to final salvation if we endure and allow that Spirit to work in us until the end of our course [when they shovel the dirt on our faces].

I do believe it is to people that do not believe it is salvation by faith, and a continuation of grow by the same means, that he addressed this question to;

Blessings,

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe it is to people that do not believe it is salvation by faith, and a continuation of grow by the same means, that he addressed this question to;

Blessings,

Yes, salvation by faith which causes the one with the faith to work the works of God unless the person quenches the Spirit in him and goes his own way. But salvation is NOT a one time occurrence. We were all saved that first time we truly repented to God, but we only repented to the extent we knew it was needed. As we have grown in Spirit and Truth, the need for additional repentance is being brought to our attention. Also like Peter we make promises which we are unable or even really unwilling to keep. As we grow this will change for the better as we become more and more like Jesus. Each time we overcome one more thing that stands between us and God, we are saved one more time from the consequences of continuing as we were. Then finally as we approach the Light closely...

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, salvation by faith which causes the one with the faith to work the works of God unless the person quenches the Spirit in him and goes his own way. But salvation is NOT a one time occurrence. We were all saved that first time we truly repented to God, but we only repented to the extent we knew it was needed. As we have grown in Spirit and Truth, the need for additional repentance is being brought to our attention. Also like Peter we make promises which we are unable or even really unwilling to keep. As we grow this will change for the better as we become more and more like Jesus. Each time we overcome one more thing that stands between us and God, we are saved one more time from the consequences of continuing as we were. Then finally as we approach the Light closely...

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

I know there are people that believe you can lose your salvation one day and get it back the next, Than at the end, the decision is made. But that belief doesn’t really effect their growth in Christ. For the Divine Nature being birthed in us is salvation, and the growing of that new nature is growing in Christ.

If you want to believe the Divine Nature doesn’t come to life in you till the end, that’s not my call, whatever causes you to press into Christ more.

Just keep searching and growing in Christ and you will get your “well done” as will all that turn to Christ with a pure heart.

Blessings,

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know there are people that believe you can lose your salvation one day and get it back the next, Than at the end, the decision is made. But that belief doesn’t really effect their growth in Christ. For the Divine Nature being birthed in us is salvation, and the growing of that new nature is growing in Christ.

If you want to believe the Divine Nature doesn’t come to life in you till the end, whatever causes you to press into Christ more.

Just keep searching and growing in Christ and you will get your “well done” as will all that turn to Christ with a pure heart.

Blessings,

Just to be clear I do disagree with you regarding a person's ability to walk away from salvation at any time. What I see is a person receiving what Adam and Eve had until they disobeyed God. They were walking and talking with Him daily and then they disobeyed. This is what I believe we have when we have the Holy Spirit in us. Yes, it is Life, but it will only be unending Life if and when we endure to the end.
No point in discussing this further as I don't see me changing and I don't believe you are ready to change.
Give God the glory!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to be clear I do disagree with you regarding a person's ability to walk away from salvation at any time. What I see is a person receiving what Adam and Eve had until they disobeyed God. They were walking and talking with Him daily and then they disobeyed. This is what I believe we have when we have the Holy Spirit in us. Yes, it is Life, but it will only be unending Life if and when we endure to the end.
No point in discussing this further as I don't see me changing and I don't believe you are ready to change.
Give God the glory!

I think your putting words in my mouth, but that’s fine.

Give God the Glory.

Blessings,

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think your putting words in my mouth, but that’s fine.

Give God the Glory.

Blessings,

I understood what you said even if I did not quote you verbatim. I agree that some in both camps, where you are and where I am, on this subject will be finally saved. I still would never purposely recommend going your way unless the person was already there... It really doesn't matter as long as they end up on the Lord's side.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="amadeus, post: 600565, member: 924"

It really doesn't matter as long as they (we) end up on the Lord's side.
[/QUOTE]

Works for me!

Blessings,

Reactions: amadeus