Paul

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said:

[16] All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
[17] that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 RSV

Was Paul referring to himself?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said:

[16] All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
[17] that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 RSV

I was taught that Paul is showing the importance of scripture to Timothy, and of course, us.

Using the KJV, which I was taught on,

Doctrine-- what's right.
Reproof-- what's not right
Correction-- how to get right.
Instruction in righteousness-- how to stay right.

These are just some of the principles that Paul was teaching Timothy for instruction to others.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe he was. Peter endorsed his epistles as being scripture in 2nd Peter 3. Second, he knew his importance as an Apostle. In Ephesians 4 he lists Apostles first (even before prophets) in the role of perfecting saints.

God inspires scripture by moving on men to write it. If by chance Paul wasn't including himself (and I believe he was) God certainly did intend to include him.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said:

paul was referring to the elect.