Personal Righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Every believer has the Holy Spirit, faith is a fruit thereof. But the fullness of the Spirit comes through repentance. Not only in deed but in thought too. So once you taste of the fruits of the Spirit, you will let nothing stand in your way from receiving the fullness. So our goals change from worldly endeavors to the heavenly. Pursuing the happiness and joy that comes from the fullness of the Spirit through repentance.

Reactions: Nancy

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If any BAC here would like to know how to be righteous in God's eyes ...

“… let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous just as He is righteous. He who sins is of the devil … Whoever has been born of God does not sin (habitually) … In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God” (1 John 3:7-10)

Does the above not say ...
those who do not practice righteousness belong to Satan?

Believers who are “faithful” will be obedient to Jesus’ commandments and
practice righteousness … and will have a standing of righteousness before the Lord.

“… you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.” (1 John 2:29) But, do all believers who are born of God practice righteousness?

“… who fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him” (Acts 10:35)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I had nothing to say, nothing there that I do not necessarily disagree with. If you want I can "like" it?
You made me think of a press conference given by George Schultz years ago, when he was Secretary of State; he heard a long question, and was asked if he had any comment, and he smiled, saying, No.