'Phenomenal' response to 'Bible morons'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

joanne_h

Oct 22, 2008
Christians across U.S. stand up for truth of Scripture in time of attack​
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Posted: December 13, 200812:20 am Eastern© 2008 WorldNetDaily A hard-hitting commentary calling Newsweek magazine and President Bush "Bible morons" for their lack of even the simplest understanding of Scripture is being cheered by WND readers who are thrilled to see someone defend the Word of God."I am flooded with positive e-mails," says "Shocked by the Bible" author Joe Kovacs, who penned the column questioning the conclusions of Newsweek and the commander in chief."The response is phenomenal. Apparently, I struck a chord with like-minded believers who are absolutely fed up with attacks on God and the Bible itself. It's humbling and uplifting to see such a large number of spiritual warriors who want to shatter the myths and dispel lies about the Good Book."The column by Kovacs examined not only the president's statements that the Bible is "probably not" literally true and that God's creation of the Earth is compatible with evolution, but also Newsweek's cover story suggesting the Bible has no problem same-sex marriages.He noted how Newsweek's Lisa Miller calls biblical verses clearly condemning homosexuality such as Leviticus 18:22 "throwaway lines in a peculiar text given over to codes for living in the ancient Jewish world ... ." "What kind of psychobabble is that?" wrote Kovacs. "The very next Bible verse after Leviticus 18:22 tells us not to have sex with animals. Is Newsweek suggesting that's a 'throwaway line' as well?"He added: "Ladies and gentlemen, I am fed up with people lying about the Bible. I'm fed up with people twisting the words of Holy Scripture to fit some depraved, politically correct, anti-God agenda. I'm fed up with fables and misconceptions about the Bible that have endured for centuries. I'm fed up with people saying the Bible doesn't mean what it says. It means exactly what it says and it says what it means."Kovacs, who stands up for biblical truth in "Shocked by the Bible: The Most Astonishing Facts You've Never Been Told," is now sharing the heartwarming response to encourage others.Forget Newsweek and Bush. Be a champion for Bible truth and get "Shocked by the Bible: The Most Astonishing Facts You've Never Been Told" personally signed by author Joe Kovacs!A sampling of some of the e-mails includes:Your article about "Bible morons" could not have been more correct. I cannot imagine why President Bush thinks there's "scientific proof" for evolution. I'm still waiting for a tiny shred of evidence, much less scientific proof. And the Newsweek article, words fail me on that. Keep up the good work, and thank you for putting the evangelistic climax in your story. There truly is hope for this world and it won't be coming from the Republican party. (And sure won't be from the Democrats!) -- Bob Lovell, Cookeville, Tenn.Excellent article! You're right on the money. The secular world reveres evolution as a religion, and it actually requires far more faith to believe in abiogenesis and macroevolution (both of which violate the Second Law of Thermodynamics), than it does to believe in special creation. Neither of the two critical evolutionary processes have ever been observed in all of recorded history, yet [people] fervently believe. They must believe, because the alternative, special creation by the Holy God, means they must someday face His righteous judgment. -- Lon WorleyI, too, am fed up with the blatant misuse and abuse of God's Holy Word. Who could have ever imagined one could try to argue God being for "gay" marriage? [Regarding] Bush: Someone who claims to be a Christian? It is all so very sad. It crushes my heart. I feel like we are living inside the city walls of Sodom. Keep fighting the good fight to which God has called you! Your efforts touch a lost America! -- Nicole HagaNone of this surprises me. We have allowed our faith to become a public pariah because we did not defend it as a way of life essential to life. God bless you. -- Robert Lee Coeyman Jr.What can we expect when in light of the overwhelming flood of unbiblical teaching that passes for "solid Bible teaching" today in America? You will reap what you sow is biblical. So America reaping Bible morons should (sadly) come as no surprise. But I still hope that Newsweek subscription cancellations or a boycott is called for by someone like the American Family Association. -- JimSuch ignorance these days is rampant. Even when we receive new Christians into the church, we can no longer assume that they have any biblical or Christian formation at all. Luckily, liberal Christianity is dying, and quickly. Even the megachurches are finding their flocks seeking more, not less, of genuine Christianity, rather than the latest pop parachurch movements. -- Fr. John A. Peck, Prescott Orthodox ChurchI completely agree with you. I would go as far to say the church (the church leadership within the U.S.) has also failed us. You see this problem goes very deep and there's just no leadership with the U.S. government and the church. No one is standing up for the truth or condemning the morons, "gays" and the wack jobs out there. (This is because they fill our churches). ... Sin is running as free as a "gay" man through San Francisco. Not only is the truth not being told; but most church pastors and leaders don't even teach the Bible right. -- Tom EganPlease send a copy of your book, "Shocked by the Bible." to President Bush. Maybe in his spare time he will want to learn the truth. Lord help us. -- Sue Blake"I am truly moved by this tremendous outpouring," said Kovacs. "By the way, I did receive a couple of e-mails suggesting I should not resort to name-calling. I accept that criticism, and wish to note that I, too, was a biblical doofus. No one is born knowing what's in the Bible, and I don't pretend to know all there is to know. We're all searchers for the truth and we never stop learning. But we have to start somewhere. It's so easy – not to mention fun – to find out what's in the greatest book ever written. Just crack it open and discover the words on the pages for yourself."Kovacs notes his focus on Newsweek's claims was partially inspired by a portion in "Shocked by the Bible," a chapter titled "Let There Be Sex.""The Bible is just loaded with sexual content," he said. "And some of it is just eye-opening. Not only does it give clear instructions about improper sexual partners and activities, it sometimes gets into steamy, even lurid stories that might put some of today's romance novels or Hollywood sizzlers to shame."Meet Joe Kovacs in person! The author of "Shocked by the Bible" will be championing Bible truth and signing copies of his book Saturday, Dec. 20, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at Borders Books in the Treasure Coast Square Mall in Jensen Beach, Fla.If you haven't heard about "Shocked by the Bible" yet, it's basically a massive news report about what is actually in the Bible, as well as what's not.Many are surprised by some of the amazing facts revealed in its 27 information-packed chapters. Here are just a few.Did you know ... "Three Wise Men" are mentioned nowhere in the story of Jesus' birth, and no wise men at all saw baby Jesus in a manger. (They saw Jesus for the first time as a young child in a house). The Bible never specifically mentions the day, month, year or even season Jesus was born. There's no mention of a Christmas tree or any tree in the gospels recording Jesus' birth. However, there is a custom mentioned in the Old Testament that shows people decorating trees with silver and gold. You might be astounded to find out what God says about such a practice. The Bible never says Jesus died on a Friday or rose from the grave Sunday morning Scripture does not say Noah's Ark rested on "Mount Ararat" Noah brought a lot more than just two of certain animals aboard the Ark The word "Easter" has vanished from modern Bible translationsGod sought to kill Moses, shortly after telling him to lead the Israelites to freedomJesus made personal appearances in the Old Testament The worst case of hemorrhoids in history is recorded Kovacs was recently a guest on the Rusty Humphries radio show to shatter misconceptions many people have about the Bible.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Did you know ..."Three Wise Men" are mentioned nowhere in the story of Jesus' birth, and no wise men at all saw baby Jesus in a manger. (They saw Jesus for the first time as a young child in a house).The Bible never specifically mentions the day, month, year or even season Jesus was born.There's no mention of a Christmas tree or any tree in the gospels recording Jesus' birth. However, there is a custom mentioned in the Old Testament that shows people decorating trees with silver and gold. You might be astounded to find out what God says about such a practice.The Bible never says Jesus died on a Friday or rose from the grave Sunday morningScripture does not say Noah's Ark rested on "Mount Ararat"Noah brought a lot more than just two of certain animals aboard the ArkThe word "Easter" has vanished from modern Bible translationsGod sought to kill Moses, shortly after telling him to lead the Israelites to freedomJesus made personal appearances in the Old TestamentThe worst case of hemorrhoids in history is recordedKovacs was recently a guest on the Rusty Humphries radio show to shatter misconceptions many people have about the Bible.Reply With Quote
Some of this stuff is what I and many on this board were saying all along. But some well-meaning but ignorant Christians and their leaders proclaim such stuff and then wonder why they look like bible morons. This abysmal ignorance does NOTHING to defend the faith amidst intellectual atheists. One has to get their facts straight first. But much of mainline Christendom, as well meaning as it is, is NOT Christianity at all, and they are defending stupid stuff against atheistic attacks.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
You are so right Tim I posted a link to this very book last week somewhere on here Swampfox brought it to my attention But the important thing here is these are the more outragous claims men have made and mistakenly assume are true because they have always been told so..... But these are just the tip of the iceburg If people really heard God Words over men, they would barley be able to see him in many of our churchs traditions today.