Physical exercise profits a little.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why has he not been arrested and locked up in a loony bin?
It was foretold near the end a one world beast system govt would arise . IT just cannot be stopped
my friend . But the lambs will have no part of it nor allegiance unto it . They can keep it , WE have the LORD
and if we have to suffer For His name sake then rejoice we will . THE LORD is with the lambs .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe this brother's problems and situation aren't the same as yours...we're all unique individuals before the Lord. The thing is we must not overlook that God spoke to this brother directly and he is honestly sharing the things that are troubling him about his working out. He needs to seek the Lord to go to the root of his own difficulty. Ask, seek and knock...the Lord will answer.
Well I was talking about what happened between the ages of 11 and 14 so I’m sure there’s some differences but I think some of the people commenting may be being a little harsh.

SERVANTedu

May 31, 2022
Midwest-ish
teenchallengetx.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All around i appreciate everyone's take on the subject. Honestly i think that the whole "this isn't going to change you" was in reference to the fact that i watch a lot of philosophy videos specifically "academy of ideas" on youtube and this was around the time i watched one talking about the positive psychological effects of an ideal physique; i think the LORD was preventing me from being taken captive into deceptive teaching honestly.

I dont think anyone is necessarily being "harsh" per-say, maybe just convinced in their own mind of what their own personal convictions are regarding the subject. @amigo de christo is right insofar as i do want to stop extoling the virtues of physical discipline and boasting in having a nice body.

this is the first time in my life (at 34) that i've been in really good physical shape, and i dig it.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All around i appreciate everyone's take on the subject. Honestly i think that the whole "this isn't going to change you" was in reference to the fact that i watch a lot of philosophy videos specifically "academy of ideas" on youtube and this was around the time i watched one talking about the positive psychological effects of an ideal physique; i think the LORD was preventing me from being taken captive into deceptive teaching honestly.

I dont think anyone is necessarily being "harsh" per-say, maybe just convinced in their own mind of what their own personal convictions are regarding the subject. @amigo de christo is right insofar as i do want to stop extoling the virtues of physical discipline and boasting in having a nice body.

this is the first time in my life (at 34) that i've been in really good physical shape, and i dig it.
There’s nothing wrong with that

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I suppose exercise is good as long as people don't get totally obsessed by it in the hope that the grim reaper won't be coming for them for a very long time.
Tell 'em sarge..:)

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Okay young friend, here are my thoughts. I hear God as saying this isn't going to profit you. :) Not a direct command, but it's never wise to ignore His word of wisdom when He goes to the trouble to give it to us. He gave me a wise word a long time ago when I was a new believer...I ignored it and paid the price. In other words, learned the hard way.

I'm sure you are digging it......more muscle means higher T levels. (Which can come with problems of it's own when temptation comes someone's way. ) The devil baits his traps and as believers we're not hear to feel good, actually more the opposite. Jesus said to DENY ourselves, take up our cross and follow Him.

The bible says who strives for the mastery is temperate in all things....so I'd advise temperance in working out. Body building actually isn't very good for you in the long run. As our other brother said on this thread, he wrecked his knee joint and all that muscle turned to fat as soon as life circumstances prevented him from continuing with the body building. With body building/sculpting you're kind of forced to keep it up, which I interpret as a form of bondage/slavery. Better an all round and moderate exercise program in my opinion.

Anyway, I wish you well going forward...God bless.

Reactions: SERVANTedu

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All things in moderation. I feel like exercise is so important. When we live in the world, were constantly bombarded with messages about our looks. As long as you are spending that alone time with God, the Holy Spirit will nudge and correct you when you're putting too much emphasis on something.

I would actually say its normal to be somewhat happy about taking good care of yourself. After all, you put in the time and effort to get the results. As long as you stay focused on the Lord, I think its fine and I wouldn't worry about it.

SERVANTedu

May 31, 2022
Midwest-ish
teenchallengetx.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As our other brother said on this thread, he wrecked his knee joint and all that muscle turned to fat as soon as life circumstances prevented him from continuing with the body building. With body building/sculpting you're kind of forced to keep it up, which I interpret as a form of bondage/slavery.

that is a good point, and i'm prepared to stay active. I only work out about 3 days a week so i dont mean to give the impression that its an all consuming hobby. It certianly was when i first started and the LORD spoke to me. i think i was doing 5 days a week at that time.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
that is a good point, and i'm prepared to stay active. I only work out about 3 days a week so i dont mean to give the impression that its an all consuming hobby. It certianly was when i first started and the LORD spoke to me. i think i was doing 5 days a week at that time.
Sorry to take so long to reply...computer problems. Well brother, I'm sure you'll bring those niggling things to the Lord that you mentioned in your OP. Bible says to let peace be your umpire...areas that we don't have peace about it's always good to pray about them. And God will always help a willing heart. Sometimes His help can mean His loving discipline too, as we all who know the Lord get to experience. :) Lord bless and keep you.