Pilate in Prophesy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
with 2Chronicles 35 in mind...

Josiah king of Judah hearkened not unto the WORDS OF GOD from the mouth of Necho king of Egypt who said, What have I to do with Thee This Passover Prepared This Day? I come not against Thee but against the House and King of Darkness wherewith I have war.

"Is This what Thou hast taken Me away for and separated and kept Me unto, WHY Thou hast chosen Me?" Mark 15:34 Matthew 27:46 Exodus 12:3,6

The Caesar of the Roman empire sent his ambassador, Pilate, governor of the Roman province Judea, against Jesus King of the Jews, saying, What I have written, I ENGRAVED IN LAW: JESUS KING OF THE JEWS.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you for referencing Exodus 12: 1 -6 which tells us: -

Ex 12:1-6: - 12: - The Passover Instituted
(Num 9:1-14; Deut 16:1-8; Ezek 45:21-25)
12:1 Now the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying, 2 "This month shall be your beginning of months; it shall be the first month of the year to you. 3 Speak to all the congregation of Israel, saying: 'On the tenth of this month every man shall take for himself a lamb, according to the house of his father, a lamb for a household. 4 And if the household is too small for the lamb, let him and his neighbor next to his house take it according to the number of the persons; according to each man's need you shall make your count for the lamb. 5 Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year. You may take it from the sheep or from the goats. 6 Now you shall keep it until the fourteenth day of the same month. Then the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it at twilight.

It raised a very interesting comparison with the story of Christ's crucifixion: -

On the tenth day of the month, i.e. Sunday evening during the twilight period when Christ rode the colt into Jerusalem, the crowd chose their lamb to be used for the pass over meal.
On the fourteenth day of the month, i.e. Thursday afternoon, before the sun set, the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill their selected lamb in the late part of the afternoon.

If this pattern was reflected when Christ was crucified, then it provides the conclusive clue as to the day on which Christ died on the cross.

The other interesting point that you made was this: -

2 Chron 35:20-21: - Josiah Dies in Battle
(2 Kings 23:28-30)
20 After all this, when Josiah had prepared the temple, Necho king of Egypt came up to fight against Carchemish by the Euphrates; and Josiah went out against him. 21 But he sent messengers to him, saying, "What have I to do with you, king of Judah? I have not come against you this day, but against the house with which I have war; for God commanded me to make haste. Refrain from meddling with God, who is with me, lest He destroy you."

Matt 27: 19: - 19 While he was sitting on the judgment seat, his wife sent to him, saying, "Have nothing to do with that just Man, for I have suffered many things today in a dream because of Him."

Luke 23: 13-16 - 13 Pilate then called together the chief priests and the rulers and the people, 14 and said to them, "You brought me this man as one who was perverting the people; and after examining him before you, behold, I did not find this man guilty of any of your charges against him; 15 neither did Herod, for he sent him back to us. Behold, nothing deserving death has been done by him; 16 I will therefore chastise him and release him."

John 18: 38-40 - 38 After he had said this, he went out to the Jews again, and told them, "I find no crime in him. 39 But you have a custom that I should release one man for you at the Passover; will you have me release for you the King of the Jews?" 40 They cried out again, "Not this man, but Barab'bas!" Now Barab'bas was a robber.

Matt 27: 24-26 - 24 When Pilate saw that he could not prevail at all, but rather that a tumult was rising, he took water and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, "I am innocent of the blood of this just Person. You see to it."
25 And all the people answered and said, "His blood be on us and on our children."
26 Then he released Barabbas to them; and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered Him to be crucified.

John 19: 19-22: - 19 Now Pilate wrote a title and put it on the cross. And the writing was:
JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS.
20 Then many of the Jews read this title, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city; and it was written in Hebrew, Greek, and Latin.
21 Therefore the chief priests of the Jews said to Pilate, "Do not write, 'The King of the Jews,' but, 'He said, "I am the King of the Jews."'"
22 Pilate answered, "What I have written, I have written."

Of interest is also this prophecy: -

Dan 8: 9-12: - 9 And out of one of them came a little horn which grew exceedingly great toward the south, toward the east, and toward the Glorious Land. 10 And it grew up to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and some of the stars to the ground, and trampled them. 11 He even exalted himself as high as the Prince of the host; and by him the daily sacrifices were taken away, and the place of His sanctuary was cast down. 12 Because of transgression, an army was given over to the horn to oppose the daily sacrifices; and he cast truth down to the ground. He did all this and prospered.

Which has a demonic spiritual aspect that through his influence caused Christ to be crucified. The driving force for the crucifixion was not Pilate or Herod, they both wanted nothing to do with it, but rather it was the demonic influence of the little horn, or rather the false prophet over the High Priest and priests that orchestrated the crucifixion. Pilate by his actions showed that he had washed his hands of this.

Shalom