Please Pray For My Dad

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Linda78

Nov 14, 2008
My dad's being suspicous of cancerous symptoms.. He's going to doctor tomorrow..
I'm praying that it won't be any cancer.

I'm already falling into depression these days...and the fact that he's sick is making me choke.. i feel like dying.

He's not believing in God. He goes to church.. but he isn't saved.

Why life is so difficult? Why are there problems after problems??
How can i stand strong if my dad gets sick?

My worst nightmare i had..was when i dreamt and saw his funeral.
In the dream, i felt that I can't see him anymore b/c he didn't believe in God.
That became my real fear now.

Can anyone pray for my dad ? that he won't get any cancer .. and for him to accept Jesus Christ as his saviour?[

I was holding on... to support my family (my parents and sis) and b/c i can't kill myself.
I want to go to heaven, not hell.

Pray for my dad's health and for his salvation...thanks.

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
My dad's being suspicous of cancerous symptoms.. He's going to doctor tomorrow..

I'm already falling into depression these days...and the fact that he's sick is making me choke.. i feel like dying.

Can anyone pray for my dad ? that he won't get any cancer .. and for him to accept Jesus Christ as his saviour?[

I was holding on... to support my family (my parents and sis) and b/c i can't kill myself.

Your brothers and sisters here at CB join you in agreement for your Dad and for yourself. Our prayers are with you.

sschaut

Jul 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ

Your dad must mean an awful lot to you, and that's very special. You have my prayers for your dad's condition, that the "good report" be given, and that it will be ETERNALLY well with both of you.

I'm a little concerned for YOU, as well. Having myself gone through two (unwanted by me) divorces, and having lost proximity to my children in both cases, as a father myself it has been a very grievious time...again. And I can empathize with thoughts of wanting to die, I really can. I'm not sure I'm all over that "wanting to die" phase yet.

But I do want you to know that our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ didn't just come here to Earth to die for all our sins--to soon after be raised again for our justification--but to identify with our sufferings. Everything of the most unpleasant sorts we have to endure here Jesus also endured. Loneliness, rejection, betrayal, anticipating the loss of a loved one, realizing the loss of a loved one...these are just a FEW of the many griefs that Jesus is well acquainted with.

You (and I) can come to know Jesus better than we could have ever known Him before through all the things we have to suffer in this life. And if we receive the comfort of the Holy Spirit through all our sufferings, we do get better! So while I'm not actually dancing and twirling before the Lord just yet, I am getting better (little by little, day by day), and learning to keep my focus on Christ Jesus.

And for anyone reading this who is so grieving over a matter that you're considering taking your own life, please receive two things:

Jesus as Lord, God, and Savior KNOWS HOW YOU FEEL and REALLY DOES CARE;

Give Him the TIME to prove that in your life. He's EARNED that on the cross, and He has the way to help you get through your most anguishing times.

Because your life IS worth it; if you will submit your life to Christ, who can "really relate" with what you're going through, you WILL be...

...eternally grateful!!!

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State

Be assured that you do have the prayers of all your brothers and sisters in Christ here at CB. We are all in agreement with you.

eschator83

Aug 13, 2010
New Hampshire, USA
Heavenly Father, I pray for Linda 78, her father, and family, that he may be protected from cancer, and they may by now have a favorable diagnosis, if it is Your Will, and that they may accept and trust Your Will. I pray in Jesus' name, amen.
In 2003 I learned I had a rare liposarcoma cancer, and estimates of my surviving for 5 years were given (by the few people I could find who had heard of my type cancer) from 70-90%, which they said should make me happy. It didn't. But incredibly, almost every memory I now have of my sickness is a good one. So many people offered to help: to drive me to the hospital treatments, or came to visit, or sent cards and notes and gifts. I learned to accept that cancer is a fact of life--almost all sources say that 50% of us will have some type of cancer during our life-time. I had my chemo, radiation, and surgery, and they say that now--after five years--there is almost no chance that my liposarcoma will recur, although other cancers have an equal opportunity. I pray that you can hold God's Grace of Love, Faith, and Hope.