Please pray for the harvest to come here in Korea

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Only One King

Jul 6, 2023
Busan
Faith
Christian
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Hi,

The Broadway of life has a serious hold on many people here. Sadly, even within the churches.
Please join me in praying for the lost here in Korea.
Please pray for our mission church and that Jesus will bring me in contact with all who need to hear the message of the Cross and Christ crucified.
Be blessed and thank you in advance.

Maranatha,
Will

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

The Broadway of life has a serious hold on many people here even within the churches.
Please pray for our mission church and that Jesus will bring me in contact with all who need to hear the message of the Cross and Christ crucified.

Maranatha,
Will
Hello WIll, and welcome to CyB!
Prayers for you, your family and Korea! I hope you will enjoy it here brother.
Much love in Christ,
Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

The Broadway of life has a serious hold on many people here even within the churches.

Maranatha,
Will
Praying!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, Nancy!

I'm on mission here in Korea. I'm from Amherst, NY. Go Bills :)

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement.
Oh wow! Are you from The Chapel at Crosspoint by any chance brother?? Amherst is only about 20 minutes from me, yeah "Go Bills"! Lol. God bless and keep you while you do His work.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

The Broadway of life has a serious hold on many people here. Sadly, even within the churches.

Maranatha,
Will
Precious friend Will, A Very Warm Welcome to the Board.
Will be praying for you and them.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided! (+ I and II!) * ← PG rated "Approved" *

Grace, Peace, And JOY!…

* PG = Perfect God / Parental Guidance:

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

ChrisE

Reactions: dev553344

Only One King

Jul 6, 2023
Busan
Faith
Christian
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Oh wow! Are you from The Chapel at Crosspoint by any chance brother?? Amherst is only about 20 minutes from me, yeah "Go Bills"! Lol. God bless and keep you while you do His work.
Hi,

No, But I am familiar with Crosspoint. Off Millersport :)
I've been serving predominantly in Korea. I still visit Amherst when I can. I don't miss the winters though :(

Thank you so much, Nancy... your prayers and anyone else who wants to join in are so welcomed. Like back home- Korea really needs the Truth more now than ever. These are some really dark times.

Only One King

Jul 6, 2023
Busan
Faith
Christian
Country
Korea, Republic Of

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's interesting to learn of the current spiritual state in South Korea. Please keep us updated... maybe start a separate topic?

I always heard there were many Koreans that would wake up very early for prayer meetings before they went to work.

Here in Los Angeles we have the second largest amount of Koreans outside of Korea. We have a big Korea Town. There are many Korean churches, often located in office buildings. Most of them are in Korean language only.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christian Greetings,

Firstly, may the Lord forgive me if I am wrong in any way here as my intent is not to act as if I am a judge but a concerned believer and sinner (saved by God's grace) who loves the Korean people whom I have been called to serve.

As we know and like elsewhere on the planet and even back in my home country (USA). There are many sincere believers saved by the blood of the Lamb who do pray, live and serve Jesus Christ faithfully.

With that being said, and after serving here as a missionary and seminary professor for over twenty years I have seen a major paradigm shift even in the students at the school. Sadly, many churches have turned into businesses and more or less look at their membership as customers more than a family. Hence, the mega church I currently serve at the moment.

This is only one of countless churches here where the numbers in attendance and VIP giver$ is more important than sharing the actually Gospel that saves a soul for eternal life. Yes, finances are needed to keep a church building up and running but this is beyond that.
Free gifts, worldly style entertainment, emotionalism and feel good speeches have replaced the Way, the Truth, and the Life, which is Jesus Christ even though you'll hear His name mentioned.

This does not exclude how becoming an elder is set aside only for those who give the most money and or have a high profile / professional title, thus outweighing the faithful little guy who is overlooked because he doesn't have such worldly power or influence.

Please understand, it may seem like it but this is not about condemnation. It's about a broken heart. We are told to be wise and discerning. We are told to test the spirits to make sure they are of God. This a dire and sincere call for love, fervent prayer, revival and renewal for the Korean people as our God desires that all be saved and come to a knowledge of the Truth.

To say, "come to Jesus with false promises of health, wealth, and prosperity" instead of come to Jesus to get Jesus is disheartening. And when you bring it up to those you work with in leadership you're treated like an outsider and it deeply hurts.

With that, the competition between churches is also fierce here. Churches are constantly trying to get members of other houses of worship to quit and join the benefits offered by the bigger churches instead of rejoicing that Christ is being preached and glorified for the kingdom in these respective communities.

Sadly, the smaller Bible believing churches are being snuffed out because of this relentless campaign and I am at the crossroads waiting for the Lord's direction for me hopefully before the end of the year with the hope of embarking on a gospel and more biblically centered ministry away from such.

Apart from those who see our church as a worldly community center filled with cafes and an ATM machine on every floor I meet countless members who tell me weekly that they are Christians through osmosis (meaning their mother and father attend church so they do, too). After a little bit of conversation Christianity is a religion for them and not a personal relationship and they do attend morning worship, whereby true grace and the gift of God (being Jesus and Him crucified, dead, buried and resurrected) is absent from their testimony.

Therefore, I continue to solicit your prayers for Korea with the utmost hope that many will hear and see the Truth and that it isn't about what Jesus can do for them (as if we somehow stand above Him). It's all about what He has done for us.

Please, join with me and pray for Korea. Please pray for me also in that the Lord will grant me wisdom and direction in leading me to a place where I can promote the True Gospel and teach the Bible in season and out of season without being treated like an outcast who refuses to be a team player for the company. Pressing forward for our King who alone is to be praised.

Thank you in advance.

Be blessed

Thanks very much for your reply and your insight. Will remember your request.

I attended a Korean church for about three years as my other churches became extremely liberal.

The Korean church was a Bible believing church. But once they decided to have memberships, they wouldn't serve me communion anymore as I wouldn't join. (I was a senior citizen and they were mainly all in their 20's.) I was a sincere Christian and examined my heart before taking communion so I couldn't understand the young pastor refusing me communion.

Anyhow, I had some walking issues so couldn't walk to their church anymore. They did move away, too.