Please pray

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

newlife

May 26, 2013
My wife wants me give up my Christian faith. She vacillates on her Jehovah's Witness beliefs and is curently not practicing and wants me to give up my faith for her sake and to maintain her physical health. She becomes so weak at times she can hardly walk and has various abdominal issues. She does not want me to go to church since leaving the house when church is on- evenings, Sunday mornings- makes her physically ill. I work a full time job however. She took 3 enemas today because of gasrointstinal pain. A month and a half ago she broke the television set and locked me out of the house because I went to a prayer meeting. I believe the situation is demonic. There is a history of demonic (supernatural) phenomena in my life which can be verified by others, including church leadership. Although this e-mail sounds outalndish it is true. I have a a church that I am connected with and occasionally can go to and have telephone contact with which specializes in deliverance and prays for me. Otherwise because of my situation I am isolated from other Christians. The oppression has accellerated recently I believe because I have now found a church that is experienced in deliverance. I believe that I need to take a stand agianst this even if my wife becomes very ill, destroys property and causes me to lose my job. Christ is obviously first in all matters and must be closen ahead of family members and material possessions. However I need Godly wisdom in handling this. Please pray.

Please do not send me a personal e-mail because my wife can read them

I believe my answer is contained in in Luke 14:26-35 which begins:

"I f any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother and wife, and children and brethren, and sisters, yea and his own life also, he cannot be my dsiciple. And whosover doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple."

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I'm glad that you have found a Church that deals in the area of deliverance. I will be praying for wisdom in dealing with this situation brother.
20j0p6x.gif

Be Blessed and hang in there!

newlife

May 26, 2013
Angelina, the probelem now is that I can't get to the church even though it is in the city where I live.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father, I pray for this family that you would bless in Jesus name. Lead the wife into the correct teachings. Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the 1:15PM bbnradio.org Family Altar program.

LightMessenger

Apr 9, 2015
Dear friend in Christ Jesus,

We stand together in prayer for you this day before the throne of Almighty God.

Do not be discouraged. For God has heard your plea. He is with you and will find a way for you to overcome the obstacles that are before you. Keep the Faith and Believe! You are not alone. We are with you and as Jesus has told us "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." -- MATTHEW 18:20 (KJV)

You shall overcome in the Divine Name of Jesus Christ! Pray daily The LORDS Prayer and the Twenty-Third Psalm as God will hear your prayers. May He bless and protect you always in All Ways.

Father, in the Name of Jesus Christ we thank thee and praise thee for thy Divine intercession. Amen.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Get a key to your own house so your wife can't lock you out... And if she broke her own TV set, don't get another one, let her go without one.. It doesn't sound like you need to be delivered from any demonic phenomena, it just sounds like you may have a spoiled wife who is controlling and demanding attention. Time to step-up be a man and lay the law down. Let her know that if you lose your job that she'll be out on the street.. Its very selfish of her to demand that you not be a Christian anymore just because she's decided to deny the faith. I doubt this is a problem that has just raised its ugly head, but has been coming for a long time.

Prayer is fine, but an effort on your part to resolve whats developed is also a necessity. And the greek meaning of that word "hate" in Luke is better translated "love-less". Jesus wasn't encouraging us to hate anyone, especially our spouse or family, but just to not put them above our love for the Lord.. jmo.

newlife

May 26, 2013
Matters have reached a complete crisis here. I may not be able to return to work and will need to forfeit my income.. My wife is threaening violence- to destroy my Christian books, break windows. She wants me to choose between her and God. She will be so ill in the morning I will not be able to If go to work and perhaps will not be able to return to work. Please pray.Hopefully the computer will not be destroyed and I will not lose internet servc

Please pray fervently for my wife Linda's salvation.

Please do not send me a personal message.
I am certain that the demonic is involved and that it encompasses both my wife and myself. I will cite an example and will be concise as considerably more detail could be provided. Cliarivoyant powers are considered to be evidence of demonic possession. Many years ago a pastor told me that I was obsessed/ possesed by demons. I in turn told him that he was seeking to become involved in deliverance and if he persisted that his next child, a son, would be born either mentally retarded or neurologially impaired and if this were avoided he would evntually become mentally ill. I was not aware that his wife was pregant and that they were receiving medical information to this effect. At a subsequent service atended by several hundred, perhaps a thousand people, the minister recounted how his wife had been pregant and they were receiving medical advice that their unborn child would be born mentally retarded or neurogically impaired and that "a demon possessed man" subsequently told him the same thing. The pastor has since gone on to have an international prophetic ministry and his son is normal. A while ago we fully reconclied.

I am reluctant to bring up the demonic on forums as it is considered superstition, or something very rare and unlikely by many Christians while organic and psychiatic explanations are stressed. My wife has some physical problems but they do not explain her at times exteme incapacitation, which is becoming more frequent. She at times is so weak that she trembles when she walks wiith a walker or cane and can barely navigate short distances. She has nightmares nightly, migraines, pains in various parts of her body. She is not receptive to deliverance. I am missing a considerable amount of time at work and have put in for early retirement and may also need to take a leave of absence. My wife forbids me to go to church claiming that it interferes with her sleep which will cause her to become so ill that I won't be able to go to work. i have barely gone to work this week, we have frequent conflict and she can barely walk now and is becoming bedridden. I have some surreptitious contact with a church which does dleiverance but because of circumstances can barely get there let alone meet with any one. I am consequently cut off from other Christians.

Another response which I at times receive is that deliverance is a rather straightforward and facile process. There is lack of understanding of just how resourceful and powerful Satan and his demonic underlings can be.

platypusninja314

Apr 15, 2015
John 14:13
Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
Never underestimate the power of our savior's name; it can do miraculous things. Also, I cannot imagine what you are going through, but know that there is an army of Christians praying for you.
His Bond Servant,
Ryker Lutjens

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father, I pray in Jesus name that you heal this member of any evil spiritual and bless him mentally, physically, and emotionally. I pray these things in Jesus name Amen!

Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the 1:15PM bbnradio.org Family Altar program.

Father, I pray in Jesus name that you heal this member of any evil spiritual and bless him mentally, physically, and emotionally. I pray these things in Jesus name Amen!

Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the 1:15PM bbnradio.org Family Altar program.

Father, I pray in Jesus name that you bless, heal and be with this family. I pray these things in Jesus name Amen!

newlife

May 26, 2013
I have pretty much stopped attending church and ended contact with them. I am not sure that I will be able to go into work tomorrow because my wife is so weak despite the fact that I am covering for another worker at court and have an out of town trip scheduled as well.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father, I pray for this family that you would bless in Jesus name. Lead the wife into the correct teachings. Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the 4:00AM bbnradio.org Family Altar program.