Please Pray

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bearer of Christ

Oct 3, 2007
Can i get everyone to pray for a little girl who got into an accident today and is in intensive care. Her name is Makayla and she really needs our prayer.Chris

Logical_One

Dec 5, 2007
Recently the physicist Russell Stannard and Dr. Herbert Benson (from a medical institute near Boston) spend nearly $2.4 million to use a double blind study and look at 1,802 patients. Some patients recieved prayers and didn't know it, one group did not recieve prayers and did not know it and the other group revieved prayers and did know it. The prayer lists were dived amound three seperate churches.In 2006 the American Heart Journal published the resluts. The two groups that did not know that they were recieving prayers had no differences. However, those who did recieve prayers had a significant more number of complications during and post surgery. The report called it, "performance anxiety."Many theologians called the results a hoax and said that science has to place testing religion. Would they have said the same thing if the test had showed that prayer had healed more people. Furthurmore, if there really was a God, why would he let such evidence come out to disprove him? Wouldn't he just give the people being prayed for a little 5% nudge to give them a little more faith?People can reply and go on about how you just have to have faith, but faith really does have a tough time when prayer is disproved by a double blind clinical study done by a Christian organization (The Templeton Foundation if you are so inclined).

Lunar

Nov 23, 2007
(Logical_One;25780)
Recently the physicist Russell Stannard and Dr. Herbert Benson (from a medical institute near Boston) spend nearly $2.4 million to use a double blind study and look at 1,802 patients. Some patients recieved prayers and didn't know it, one group did not recieve prayers and did not know it and the other group revieved prayers and did know it. The prayer lists were dived amound three seperate churches.In 2006 the American Heart Journal published the resluts. The two groups that did not know that they were recieving prayers had no differences. However, those who did recieve prayers had a significant more number of complications during and post surgery. The report called it, "performance anxiety."Many theologians called the results a hoax and said that science has to place testing religion. Would they have said the same thing if the test had showed that prayer had healed more people. Furthurmore, if there really was a God, why would he let such evidence come out to disprove him? Wouldn't he just give the people being prayed for a little 5% nudge to give them a little more faith?People can reply and go on about how you just have to have faith, but faith really does have a tough time when prayer is disproved by a double blind clinical study done by a Christian organization (The Templeton Foundation if you are so inclined).
Logical One:I can understand the mindset that you're coming from, but I really don't think that's helpful to anyone. This isn't the time to ask someone to re-evaluate his worldview. Please try to be sensitive to the situation.Bearer of Christ: I will keep her in my thoughts.

Logical_One

Dec 5, 2007
but that's not true!!see? look!"those who did recieve prayers had a significant more number of complications during and post surgery."I'm trying to help her!