Pointless display of evil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I just watched the most evil cartoon I've ever seen. The plot was pointless - the only purpose was to highlight necromancy and witchcraft and it was a Disney movie. I have never liked Disney cartoons anyway, but this was so over the top, I was actually shocked. Have you guys heard of or ever seen The Black Cauldron? If I saw it as a kid, I would have been horrified. All I can say is never let your kids watch it. I think it is straight from the Pit.

BlackManINC

Feb 21, 2014
aspen said:
I think I just watched the most evil cartoon I've ever seen. The plot was pointless - the only purpose was to highlight necromancy and witchcraft and it was a Disney movie. I have never liked Disney cartoons anyway, but this was so over the top, I was actually shocked. Have you guys heard of or ever seen The Black Cauldron? If I saw it as a kid, I would have been horrified. All I can say is never let your kids watch it. I think it is straight from the Pit.
I think we can safely conclude that anything at all coming from Disney is fresh out of the pit.

Tex

Jun 29, 2014
I WAS terrified of that movie as a kid... It's scary... I thought his little demon-dog thing following him was going to eat him. I didn't trust Groggy (or whatever).

I do remember that necromancy was evil in the movie, and that the kid had to save the day. I don't remember any sort of "you should practice witchcraft" being taught.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
aspen said:
I remember that when I was a boy, I used to watch ANYTHING that was animated. I loved cartoons and when we went to Grandma's house, where there was cable, I would surf the channels for cartoons of any kind. That's the way kids are. And that's why it's disturbing that so much adult entertainment is in cartoon format such as the Simpsons, South Park, The Family Guy, etc. Kids will watch it just because it's a cartoon.

Liquid Psalm

Jul 6, 2014
I've noticed most movies advertised for children are not at all so. But they do program young minds with the audio-visuals that occur when those children are in a darkened theater with only whats on screen to occupy their attention.

I watched about 10 minutes of Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole, becuase of the owls theme. I stopped it and returned it to the library. There is nothing about that movie that is slated for a child's consciousness. But for programming a bigot, a racist, and a hatefully violent individual that someone wants to influence through that suspension of disbelief moment in theater, and into those maliable psyches of innocent youth, it's the perfect inroad.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
You know even as a kid I couldn't stand Disney movies, I found them long and laborious, I have a very short atten............................

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this went beyond harry potter - at least Harry Potter had some redeemable qualities like loyalty blah blah blah. the black cauldron had nothing

Tex

Jun 29, 2014
Black Cauldron was awful.

Honestly though, I think South Park has some of the best political and social criticisms. They take the arguments of society and politicians and push them to their logical extremes, and it makes everything absolutely crazy. And they're not afraid to poke at Muslims, Mormons, Scientology, pedophilia, anything. Yes, it's really crude. But it's so wonderful, I have to ignore it and keep watching. Part of the crudeness is satire against how people are raising their kids.

But I would never let anyone younger than 16 watch South Park.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Tex said:
Black Cauldron was awful.

Honestly though, I think South Park has some of the best political and social criticisms. They take the arguments of society and politicians and push them to their logical extremes, and it makes everything absolutely crazy. And they're not afraid to poke at Muslims, Mormons, Scientology, pedophilia, anything. Yes, it's really crude. But it's so wonderful, I have to ignore it and keep watching. Part of the crudeness is satire against how people are raising their kids.

But I would never let anyone younger than 16 watch South Park.
My agreement on South Park. The creators don't seem to be in anybody's pocket and in some episodes I seethe when they ridicule the Catholic Church and make false, yet lovable caricatures of Jesus, there's other episodes where they ridicule PETA, Al Gore and his global warming myth, and the "save the rainforests" movement. They also lampoon Janet Reno as she lays siege on a house because they might be a suicide cult. They frankly don't care who they offend and there's something admirable about that.

There's some episodes I watch with my 11 year old after my 6 year old has gone to bed, the ones that make fun of Leftists, but he knows he's not allowed to watch it without Mom or I.